Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
succesful cancellations

Hello, I regretfully may have to cancel my booking with Hotwire. They just told me over the phone it would be a $200.00 fee to cancel. which is not bad. Has any body cancelled their tickets at this price? Does any body have the full official fare rules besides the ones posted by the ota's? I am flying delta and korean air. ticket issued by korean air.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Anyone fly this yet ? I recall some mid August trips. Just wondering if any issues!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:14 am

Just got back the other day...zero hiccups! Thanks so much to OP!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: WP
Anyone flown this can report earning on Delta? Is it fare basis or class flown?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
I took it back in Dec. and can confirm it earns as distance flown. 34k MQMs, 8300 MQDs, and 66k+ RDMs as a diamond. Fantastic place, too!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by TYSDoc
I took it back in Dec. and can confirm it earns as distance flown. 34k MQMs, 8300 MQDs, and 66k+ RDMs as a diamond. Fantastic place, too!
Thanks! I have a mixed class ticket, with the domestic flights in economy while the others in business.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Originally Posted by island82
Thanks! I have a mixed class ticket, with the domestic flights in economy while the others in business.
I had some concern since my ICN-DPS-ICN legs were on Garuda (GA) with KE flight numbers. But all was so incredibly smooth. GA operated legs took a few days longer to post, but nothing silly. Hope you have a great trip!
island82 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:07 am

Just wanted to put this out there since I’ll be traveling on this in a few weeks:

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ades-customer/
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
That’s a crazy story. I just completed my trip, and it was smooth sailing, fortunately.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:53 pm

I’m in Bali currently traveling on this deal. Ubud was a lot of fun. In Kuta now about to grab a burger for lunch then back to villa for a $15 couples massage—this place is the best.

A350 sky suites was really good and Garuda was great too. Miles have already posted to Delta for outbound flights. Seoul airport was a trip seeing robots roaming around guiding people to their gates.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Just returned

Just returned from this fare - a great set of flights. There were actually some issues where a leg was cancelled (DL cancelled the ICN-ATL leg) and Korean was able to switch us on to the DPS-ICN-JFK direct all in business (avoiding the last leg economy connection). Trade-off was weird A380 KE seats rather than the DL suites (far worse seating with better service). Walking around the KE A380 upper deck, it's so striking how much wasted space there is - supported by the fact that KE has one of the oldest style business seats with the lowest loads, it's quite befuddling. Hopefully they'll eventually switch to their new staggered suite product which looks much nicer. Also reminds me to note that DL really needs to step up their game with the service levels on this international premium cabin flight, I've usually had good experiences with DL FA's but the ones on our flight were a surly lot. Had to go seek them out to ask for anything to drink (i.e. soda) and they acted like they were doing me a huge favor when they provided it.

When we were trying to switch the flights (Hotwire customer service is TERRIBLE by the way, guaranteed 2-3 hours on the phone to try to solve any small problem) we ended up on a three way call with a Hotwire supervisor and a KE agent who let slip that this fare was actually a mismapping on the part of certain OTA's and was meant to be an econ fare. However KE knew and was honoring the fares. Interesting - don't feel so bad as it's not a crazy fare for DPS and there was a similarly priced fare from KLM available not long after this one.

Ended up with 30k+ MQM and a lot of MQD's as noted above. RDM's for me as silver before the flights (Gold now after) were around 50k.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Also just returned, and enjoyed 4 excellent flights, our first on KE. The upper deck on the 747-800 (ATL - ICN) is very peaceful, especially in row 18 (with the large open expanse between that row and row 17, due to the emergency door exits). The front 2 rows of the 777 (ICN - DPS) are also very comfortable, especially the wide, unconstrained space for your feet while lying flat.

In general KE offers an excellent service, but could very greatly up their game by offering a meaningful duvet or equivalent for bedding. The single, thin blanket offered was really disappointing. There was also a quirk that I had never before experienced --- the hot towels distributed before each meal were really HOT --- much too much so on more than one occasion. It's easy to let them sit and cool off a bit, but one's first instinct is to unroll it immediately on receipt. Given how all four flights were the same in this regard, I'm surprised to not have previously read about third degree burns suffered by KE's "prestige" passengers. Another "quirk" was in regard to arrival at ICN on the 747-8, and the apparent requirement to have the plane slowly, slowly towed to the terminal. That towing process added at least 20 minutes to the flight, and connecting passengers had cause for concern as the plane appeared to crawl the final 1,000 feet or so. Finally, we were surprised to see how much the routing from ICN back to ATL changed throughout the flight; the original planned routing had us flying well north of Anchorage and then crossing from Canada to the U.S. over Minnesota; throughout the day the the routing kept changing a little further south, such that we eventually never overflew Alaska or Canada at all (entering North America south of Seattle). The tailwinds on the adjusted new route were so strong (our airspeed often exceeded 750 mph) that we arrived at ATL an hour early ^ despite taking this southern route.

Congrats to all that were able to take advantage of these tickets!

Last edited by jbalmuth; Apr 18, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.