Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar Airways CGK-MXP/ZRH/BCN roundtrip business class +/- USD 1400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar Airways CGK-MXP/ZRH/BCN roundtrip business class +/- USD 1400

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
Good tip on through checking bags. Hadn’t thought of that. Avoided MH as they fly to T3 in CGK now and I was keen to avoid changing terminals, QR are in T2.
So I arrived SQ (also operate to/from T2) just hand carry only, and had to sit around for many hours.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Hotcat1970
Good tip on through checking bags. Hadn’t thought of that. Avoided MH as they fly to T3 in CGK now and I was keen to avoid changing terminals, QR are in T2.
So I arrived SQ (also operate to/from T2) just hand carry only, and had to sit around for many hours.
Depending on when you travel, but all international flights are scheduled to move over to T3 within the next few months.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by nov11
Depending on when you travel, but all international flights are scheduled to move over to T3 within the next few months.
And changing terminals is now a breeze with the new train system.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This one looks pretty dead.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
How often does this one come up ?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Not sure, but I managed CGK-DOH-LHR return for 1540 GBP a week or so ago, including one Qsuite flight. Booked with BA codeshares for the London flights to save money and increase avios earning in BAEC.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Blackmagic
Hi Guys,

Was just playing around with google flights and these low fares departing from Jakarta popped up. MIlan is as low as USD 1306, with the other two destinations about a $100-150 more. Rome is also possible for about $300 more. Available throughout the summer till early December, trip needs to be completed within 2 months by the looks of it. Hope it helps!

First time posting so unfortunately I am not able to post links but just try put in some dates on google flights, wide availability.
Thanks OP. I ticketed this in June and flew July-August CGK-DOH-MXP return with a separate one way to KUL on MH. It was a fantastic fare and my first time on QR J. Also took advantage of the +Qatar program inbound and booked an overnight at the fabulous Westin Doha. Following advice from some bloggers, I took Uber to and from Doha airport for ~QAR43 or US$12 each way instead of requesting hotel pickup, which would have cost 4 times as much.

I wanted my checked bag with me at Doha, but check in desk at MXP said it wasn’t allowed. They were able to check bag through to KUL however. With scheduled arrival on QR 958 into CGK terminal 2 at 07:45 and MH 712 scheduled to depart from terminal 3 at 09:55, I thought I would have plenty of time to check out the new lounge in terminal 3. But CGK had a surprise in store. After calling MH to tell them I was arriving on QR connecting to their flight, I was met at the gate by an MH staff who told me I had to clear immigration and also collect my bag even though I saw that it was tagged for KUL. Sure enough it was on the luggage carousel. He accompanied me all the way through to MH check in and practically to the gate. But it was still excruciating slow the whole way.

We had to exit with all my bags from a busy terminal 2 and walk outside about 50m to the shuttle train to terminal 3. The shuttle was extremely slow and seemed infrequent. I’m glad that the Qatar flight arrived early for it took almost 90 minutes just to get to the MH check in counter in terminal 3. Then it was a rush through immigration (priority lanes for Garuda premium customers only, not MH J) and security to get to the lounge for a few minutes before last call for the MH flight. Lesson learned: transit at CGK isn’t what I thought it was going to be.

All in all, a good trip. Hooked on Qatar J now.
kaffir76 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.