Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:32 am

We offer complimentary accommodation services for eligible guests connecting to and from Abu Dhabi International Airport, depending on the fare and route you purchased.
is these fare eligible for free hotel?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:34 am

"depending on the fare"

Also, it's a PK ticket, so probably not eligible.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by raporot
is these fare eligible for free hotel?
No, but you can get a chauffeur service if you have the long layover.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by nilsrtw
Just came back from KHI - can really recommend anyone to stay here for a weekend or so if you have the chance to. It is completely untouched by tourism plus Karachiites are some of the nicest people around and they sure know how to have fun

Despite 19h in AUH I was asked for a visa at check-in (there was E-Checkin though they would've probably checked at the gate..) but as mlqsko mentioned with an onward ticket that wouldn't have been a problem. Etihad uses the Swissport Lounge in ATH wich is okay but a little crowded with DL departing around the same time. AUH T3 was a pleasent experience in the afternoon with pretty much no one around - took me less than ten minutes from the taxi to the (okay) lounge.
Btw TK only charges 27,5k miles in business (although high taxes) from KHI to EU1 if anyone can use that..
Hi Nilsrtw, do you mind to share how you managed to get a visa? I would like to visit Karachi for a few days, but I was wondering how to get a letter of invitation, which is needed when applying for a tourist visa. Your help would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
The visa was super easy. I applied at the Embassy in Berlin (no appointment needed) and got it glued in right away - I did however have a nice chat with the undersecretary who was excited about a tourist visiting KHI so ymmv.
An invitation letter isn't required for german passports so I didn't provide it - but any good travel agency in PK should be able to ge you one.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:04 pm

Thanks for your quick answer. I have a Dutch passport. Would be strange if that makes a difference. I am going to check again.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:09 am
AHO

It seems it's end of the party.
PIA has adjusted the fare of this fare basis (SOWE60) to 890 EUR excl. taxes.

Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:30 am

I tried to book a chauffeur by calling Etihad, but they say the ticket isn't entitled to a chauffeur because it doesn't show 'Stopover' on the ticket. Another agent (I called 3 times) said that a chauffeur is not eligible because the next flight is less than 24 hours later. So no success till now. Somebody else had more success?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:30 pm

Anyone else got a schedule change for their AUH-KHI leg? It shows arrival 4 hours later than originally scheduled in my itinerary, but if I check the timetable for that flight number/date, it is showing as operating at the original time.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yes, but I think the difference was only 30 minutes or so in my case. But as I dont plan to fly to KHI anyway, I dont care.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.