Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

Old May 20, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Lol. So if I wanted to book this, and head over to bangkok. Should I get a refundable ticket for any subsequent flights from KHI?

What has happened in the past when airlines made errors in pricing?
Old May 20, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yes, if you have neither a visa for Pakistan nor an onward ticket from KHI, you may be denied boarding at ATH.

All kinds of things have happened, they may cancel the ticket (and it could take weeks or months to get the money back), they may downgrade you, you may be able to fly.
Just DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE as that will increase the chances of them canceling all tickets, ruining the deal for everyone.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
I'm willing to book onward travel from KHI to ensure boarding, but I'm not willing to travel in Y. In similar circumstances in the past, if they involuntarily downgrade us, and we choose to cancel, can we seek compensation for any other cancellation fees stemming from needing to refund onward travel?
Old May 21, 2018, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
In similar circumstances in the past, if they involuntarily downgrade us, and we choose to cancel, can we seek compensation for any other cancellation fees stemming from needing to refund onward travel?
No. The airline is never responsible for any other plans/tickets/expenses you incur.

"Onward travel" from KHI won't ensure boarding. What you need to have to ensure boarding is the correct visa for entry to Pakistan.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
The 19 hour layover prices at least.
How did you select seats on the PIA website? I'm able to pull up my booking with the PK PNR and with the Etihad PNR on tripcase but "PNR Seat Map" gives me a blank screen..
Old May 21, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28

"Onward travel" from KHI won't ensure boarding. What you need to have to ensure boarding is the correct visa for entry to Pakistan.
At least according to Timatic, it will. Although, being on a separate ticket may make things a bit messy.
Attached Images  
Old May 21, 2018, 2:36 pm

Has anyone actually flown this yet? I still think chances are extremely high that you'll end up being seated in economy. Etihad/PakistanAirlines typically don't screw around like this and will not let this slide once they find out.

Back in 2015 or so, I had booked an AAward ticket on Etihad departing from karachi, where I paid approx $100 in Etihad taxes/fees. By the time my date of travel came, Pakistan Airport had increased the departure taxes/fees to approx $200. I was made to pay at the airport the extra taxes and fees, even though I clearly had my flight ticketed before the change came into effect. No amount of telling Etihad "hey, fly me as ticketed" worked. I would've been denied boarding by Etihad had I not paid the difference and when you're at the airport there's not much negotiating power.

I hope this doesn't happen, but my suspicion is that once folks arrive at the airport, they'll be downgraded or asked the pay the difference. At least until we get some successful datapoints from some intrepid travellers I wouldn't buy this if flying in economy is non-negotiable (I might buy this for next year if its still around since I do have to fly to Khi and don't mind flying Y).
Old May 22, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
I still think chances are extremely high that you'll end up being seated in economy. Etihad/PakistanAirlines typically don't screw around like this and will not let this slide once they find out.
But surely, forcing someone to accept a downgrade is the very definition of "screw around like this"???
Old May 22, 2018, 5:46 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
even if you downgraded due EU law they must refund You 75% price of ticket so it's very cheap one way ticket to AUH/KHI

do anybody know is it possible to credit this flight ath-auh (s class) to etihad even is on PIA number....

Last edited by p78; May 22, 2018 at 5:52 am
Old May 22, 2018, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by p78
even if you downgraded due EU law they must refund You 75% price of ticket so it's very cheap one way ticket to AUH/KHI
Only if there was unanimity on both sides that this was a validly-issued business class ticket. Which wouldn't be the case in the scenario envisaged here, whereby they forced you to travel in Economy Class, and given that (as I reported above) that they were charging the exact same fare for an Economy Class ticket.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
This has to be the lamest EF thread ever.
Its several days since the fare was discovered and STILL nobody has threatened to sue the airline.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
But surely, forcing someone to accept a downgrade is the very definition of "screw around like this"???
I meant the opposite. English is weird like that, "I don't screw around you better watch out" and "I will screw you" means the same

So ... no trip reports yet from someone?
Old May 26, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
Booked this ticket. Tried to choose seats at the PIA website, but didn't succeed. I don't get a seatmap after login within my PNR. Tried several webbrowsers. Somebody has a hint how to choose seats?
Old May 26, 2018, 4:01 am

Worked fine for me on the PIA website.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:32 pm

I booked it today as well.
Logging into PIA shows me Business Class and logging into EY shows me Economy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.