Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

Old May 18, 2018, 10:53 am

So if you book a refundable ticket from KHI to AUH on EY222 at 5:05a - the same plane from AUH-KHI - showing your “onward connection” will that be exempt from visa before arrival? Allowing you to miss the AUH-KHI & refund the other ticket?
Old May 18, 2018, 2:44 pm

I have the EY record locator but it is not working on EY.com or virtuallythere.
Old May 18, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Well, I'm not surprised it doesn't work on EY.com - yes, the fare was cheap, but I don't think their systems are that integrated with their accounting provider yet. ;-)

Joking aside, same here, but it does work in TripCase (which is a Sabre product as well).
Old May 18, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
On a Visa note - I recently threw away a Bangkok - Lahore ticket because the Pakistan Embassy in Australia required that I must have the Pakistan Visa issued in my Australian Passport. I am a dual citizen and requested the Visa be issued in my Canadian passport due to ongoing travel and because the Australian authorities required I leave and enter Australia on my Australian Passport. The request was denied because the embassy was in Australia and not Canada. Normally I use two passports for travel as I am always travelling and one passport is often sitting on an embassy table somewhere awaiting a visa. Albeit a unique situation, my experience with the Pakistani Embassy is that they are very rigid. I did not have a 3 week window of time to not travel - hence - NO VISA for me. Ticket went into waste basket - ouch!
Old May 18, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I just did a TWOV at KHI yesterday. I had no idea what to expect and flew in on Thai Airways from Muscat. In Muscat nobody verified that I did or didn’t have a visa nor checked my onward ticket. (I was in Dubai, but routed through Muscat as my flight from KHI first goes to Dubai and the TWOV requires transit to 3rd country.)

When I arrived to KHI, I followed the signs to “connections”, passed a few security officers with assault rifles, and then was stopped by a guard who told me to go to immigration. When I told him I am transiting he told me to still go through immigration. I then told him I don’t have a visa and he look perplexed. The guard was incredibly nice and he told me that he has never seen somebody transit before and he has been there for 26 years since the new terminal opened. Wow! Anyway, he found some people that found some people and they called some people and then some people arrived on a golf cart, then they left and I was taken to the Emirates lounge where I stayed, and at some point somebody brought me my boarding passes.

So, except for apparently nobody transiting the airport (on an international to international connection), after people running around for 10 minutes, everything was sorted and it was an easy transit. What was nice is that everybody I interacted with was very friendly, probably friendlier than any other airport I have been to.
Knowing what I do now, I really wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. Especially now that I have been the first person to transit at KHI and the employees there now know what to do!!
AHO, Burj, TPJ and 5 others like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: BA
Is it worth going through the hassle to get a visa just to then drop the AUH-KHI leg?
Old May 19, 2018, 5:15 am

That sounds great! Where did you transfer to?
Old May 19, 2018, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Are there any convenient connections from KHI to East Asia to get out right away without needing a visa/entering Pakistan?
Old May 19, 2018, 8:31 am
Suspended

Anyone have confirmation that if you book the 19hr layover you can stay in AUH and ditch the other half/not get a .... visa? if so, I am going to book ASAP.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:34 am
AHO

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Anyone have confirmation that if you book the 19hr layover you can stay in AUH and ditch the other half/not get a .... visa? if so, I am going to book ASAP.
If you success to book the ticket with 19 hours layover in Abu Dhabi, you can try to book an onward ticket from Abu Dhabi instead of from Karachi. (if you don't want to fly to Karachi).
Then you don't need to apply either Pakistan visa or UAE visa.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AHO
If you success to book the ticket with 19 hours layover in Abu Dhabi, you can try to book an onward ticket from Abu Dhabi instead of from Karachi. (if you don't want to fly to Karachi).
Then you don't need to apply either Pakistan visa or UAE visa.
If I don't need a UAE visa (US passport), can I book ATH-AUH-KHI with the 19 hour layover with no .... visa, be allowed to board in ATH, toss the onward flight to Pakistan away and book something a few days later onwards to Asia?
Old May 19, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It would increase your chances, but I wouldn’t count on that.
Just book a refundable onward ticket from KHI and you should be good - at least that’s what I’ll do.
US OTAs usually have free cancellation within 24 hours after booking anyway.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:26 am

So was anyone able to book this in 2019? I tried and failed.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
So is this fare a mistake fare. will downgrades happen?
Old May 20, 2018, 1:52 pm

Sorry, I just sent in my crystal ball for repair.
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.