Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

[Premium Fare Gone]: EY ATH - KHI o/w us$189

Old May 17, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I don't think so.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I guess if you have an onward flight from KHI, you won't need a visa?
If you need a visa to enter Pakistan, you will need to show that visa to the airline that is transporting you to a final destination on their ticket of Pakistan. [What you do after you get there is up to you; the airline's interest in you ends when they transport you to your final ticketed destination - for which they will require to see your visa if that destination requires you to have a visa. Consider also the consequences of arriving in KHI after a delay after which this "onward" flight has already departed; or the cancellation of your "onward" flight on the separate ticket. You should never rely on being able to stay airside when self-connecting and should therefore have all visas necessary to enter the country in place. Never having been there, I do not know whether KHI even has an airside transfer channel; you should never assume that you can stay airside, and even if you could, you should never assume that your "self connection" absolves you of the need to comply with ALL immigration requirements of that country]

The airline that carries you only sees your ultimate destination as KHI. If you want to "absolve" them of the need to worry about your visa requirements, you should book that onward journey on the same ticket.

Of course, the issue of whether a transit visa or a regular visa was required for any particular passenger even to change planes in KHI would still arise and would still need to be checked by the airline.

As far as you are concerned, you may consider yourself to be only in transit when moving from one ticket to another, but as regards the airline and the law, that is not how you would be viewed [in almost all cases]
Old May 17, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Actually the cost for the visa isn't that bad. Maybe I'll just fly to KHI for ..... and giggles. I'll just have to find a cheap flight back from there.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Just got my etix from travelgenio for June 22 incl. 20h or so in AUH.. let's see how this works out
Old May 17, 2018, 10:14 am

You might also be able to book through AA, on AA stock. Seems like that works through September at least.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:39 am

Damn, I should have thrown in a stopover. Much less hassle with the visa.
Won't price.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:43 am

The 19 hour layover prices at least.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:32 pm

Booked this earlier today, took a few hours to ticket but all looks good. Chose seats on the PK website. As usual, it will be interesting to see how this works out. Another country to tick off if I can get there. Got a free night in AUH on the way too.

Have to see how to get the visa.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:59 pm

those who are interested in this excursion, might find following interesting...
A multiple-entry 30-day visa on arrival can be issued to nationals of the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, China, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Greece, Belgium, Austria, Finland, Iceland, Korea, Portugal, Singapore, Thailand, and Luxemburg.
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/pakista...-24-countries-

I initially read it on BBC News but I can't find the link for that...
Old May 17, 2018, 2:14 pm
AHO

Originally Posted by ccuser11
those who are interested in this excursion, might find following interesting...

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/pakista...-24-countries-

I initially read it on BBC News but I can't find the link for that...
I guess it requires an onward (or return) ticket from Pakistan with flight which depart within 30 days from arrival.
Directorate General of Immigration & Passports, Ministry of Interior, Government of Pakistan
Old May 17, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by AHO
I guess it requires an onward (or return) ticket from Pakistan with flight which depart within 30 days from arrival.
Directorate General of Immigration & Passports, Ministry of Interior, Government of Pakistan
I can only see this applies for people who book with a tour operator. Am I missing something?

The 19 hour layover prices at least.
How do I do this? I tried in Google Flights but can't find it.
EDIT: nevermind, found it on Momondo
Old May 17, 2018, 3:04 pm

Only works if you book with a tour operator or some Pakistani business sends you an official invitation for a business trip.
But a regular tourist visa is 40$ or so, shouldn't be hard to come by. I might apply for one just to be on the safe side.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Looks legit indeed

RD1
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 SOWE60 S O 100.00 ---- - -/ - EH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-ATH TO-KHI CXR-PK TVL-10SEP18 RULE-PKCS IPREUAS/4
FARE BASIS-SOWE60 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BOX OW-BUSINESS CLASS ONE WAY EXCURSION
USD 100.00 0039 E27JUL15 D-INFINITY FC-SOWE60 FN-5Y
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 20APR16/0326 EXPIRES INFINITY

50.RULE APPLICATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS
NOTE - THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS INFORMATIONAL AND NOT
VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
ECONOMY/BUSINESS EXCURSION FARES FROM PAKISTAN TO THE
UNITED KINGDOM
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
FROM PAKISTAN
TO UNITED KINGDOM.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR BUSINESS/ECONOMY CLASS
SERVICE.
TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
Old May 17, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
FYI for any Americans - Visas are a PITA and expensive at $192. You need to be on a 'tour' and have a tour company issue paperwork (sponsor letter) stating such in order for your visa to be processed. It is possible though, just not very common.

PM me if you need the link of a company who will just issue you paperwork for a small fee. Other nationalities shouldn't have the same draconian paperwork requirements.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:23 pm

I guess I should be fine with a flex ticket:

Code:
Information as of  17MAY18 / 2222 UTC
National Germany (DE)           /Embarkation Greece (GR)
Transit Pakistan (PK)           /Destination Germany (DE)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW
Pakistan (PK)

Visa required, except for Passengers with a Pakistan Origin
Card (POC) or a National ID Card for Overseas Pakistanis
(NICOP).
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Passengers with a confirmed onward
ticket for a flight to a third country within 24 hours. They
must stay in the international transit area of the airport and
have documents required for the next destination.
- TWOV does not apply at Islamabad (ISB).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.