Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: Cairo to Cairns in D/J/C for $1,230+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: Cairo to Cairns in D/J/C for $1,230+

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 6:47 am

I’ve tried searching this to book this many ways but I’m getting a price of over $11K
Old May 16, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by haroon145
I’ve tried searching this to book this many ways but I’m getting a price of over $11K
What are your dates?
Old May 16, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: AA ExecPlatinum; AF Silver; HH Diamond; IHG Spire; MB Platinum; Avis President; and, Hertz President
Bizarre :-) Like lhr baby I also get $3,500 to $4,000 fares - very same dates, flights, same screenshots as above from alp67, just diferent numebers!!! I'd love to know what the explanation is. WIll try to spend more time on it tonight, or at the weelkend.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
THX, but that one is not in C.
jbalmuth likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by alp67
What are your dates?
the dates in the screenshot above 27/11-10/12
Old May 16, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by alp67
THX, but that one is not in C.
It can be forced into C for a little extra, read the latest posts in that thread.
Also, LATAM elites (they match status) get free C upgrades on LATAM metal.
alp67 likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by haroon145

the dates in the screenshot above 27/11-10/12
This is weird. The only reason I can think of might be your location or IP address, respectively.
If I change the kayak link I provided to ".de" instead of ".com" (simply by typing it in the address line), I get Flysmarter as OTA to book from for Euro 1'149.
If I change it to .fr (France) I get $9000 with EK, to .dk / .se / .co.uk (Denmark / Sweden / UK) brings up $3'500 on each site; .nl (dutch site) comes up with very cheap Euro 1'050 and even two OTA
So, I suggest making sure your kayak address is either .com .de or .nl and it's not automatically forwarded to where you are located.
.de

.nl

Next step I would try VPN.
lhr baby likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
has anyone been able to get availability for AKL or PER with this fare?
Old May 16, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
has anyone been able to get availability for AKL or PER with this fare?
The fares being discussed here are from CAI to CNS and the routing table aet out above dont mention PER or AKL, so the answer is no.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by stephem

The fares being discussed here are from CAI to CNS and the routing table aet out above dont mention PER or AKL, so the answer is no.
ok thanks
Old May 16, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
This is indeed a most bizarre fare.

Thanks @alp67 for replying to my challenge and for your IP address theory. Thanks @MikeWhiskey and @haroon145 too for confirming to the rest of the forum that I'm not going completely mad. I've tried it again tonight with the same dates as the screenshots and I'm still getting the same behaviour as last night i.e. a $4000 ticket or none at all.

I can't book it and cancel @alp67 because the only site I can manage to get to display a booking screen at $1200 is Priceline and it's pointless me booking on that site because I can clearly see from my screen it's in Economy. I am inclined to accept your idea that the problem must be IP address related. Not sure if VPN would work as it may still detect location settings but it might be worth a try. However, can't understand why ITA doesn't give a different price when you change the sales city if that's the issue.

If anyone who either can or can't get it to work is willing to state their location it might shed some light on this. At least two of us who can't get it to work are in UK and Ireland but I can't see the location of others.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by lhr baby
This is indeed a most bizarre fare.

Thanks @alp67 for replying to my challenge and for your IP address theory. Thanks @MikeWhiskey and @haroon145 too for confirming to the rest of the forum that I'm not going completely mad. I've tried it again tonight with the same dates as the screenshots and I'm still getting the same behaviour as last night i.e. a $4000 ticket or none at all.

I can't book it and cancel @alp67 because the only site I can manage to get to display a booking screen at $1200 is Priceline and it's pointless me booking on that site because I can clearly see from my screen it's in Economy. I am inclined to accept your idea that the problem must be IP address related. Not sure if VPN would work as it may still detect location settings but it might be worth a try. However, can't understand why ITA doesn't give a different price when you change the sales city if that's the issue.

If anyone who either can or can't get it to work is willing to state their location it might shed some light on this. At least two of us who can't get it to work are in UK and Ireland but I can't see the location of others.
I get priced 1049 euro, located in Belgium, from kayak.nl.
I am really tempted to book this but I won't survive if they put me in economy for the ADD-BKK-HKG stretch. On top of that I am not sure if I can get free the dates the fare is available and not sure how refund would work.... BRU-CAI is usually not cheap too.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Well, there is another fare that is about 100€ more that has completely free cancellation (at least one way, didn't check for a return fare).
And this fare has 150€ cxl if I recall correctly, not to bad either.
Can't somebody just book this and let us know how it goes?
Old May 16, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
My wife authorized me to book this to tag onto a one way SEA-Europe next christmas if i can find us a way back to seattle in biz class from Australia for a not break the bank cost in cash or miles. She said “when else will we get to take the kids to ADD and stopover in HKG too?!” I know cheap one ways from asia, but doubt I’ll figure anything out. I guess the other option is to buy the RT, hop off in HKG and find miles tix from there. No way we are flying back to CAI from CNS and then to west coast US from there.

I do love that someone from ET “fixed” this fare in March by adding the routing table. I’d been eyeing this as a novel trip to take.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Well I'm ready to book October 2, returning anytime March. Can get it to price with matrix and google flights, but it's going up to $4k like others have said. Weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.