Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: Cairo to Cairns in D/J/C for $1,230+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: Cairo to Cairns in D/J/C for $1,230+

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Originally Posted by recki2016
some example?
tried expedia, orbitz, priceline and many others.... everywhere no way to book it
Try multi leg flight search
Old May 15, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by recki2016
some example?
tried expedia, orbitz, priceline and many others.... everywhere no way to book it
bookwithmatrix -> flightnetwork

edit: and priceline does price it out as well:
AHO likes this.

Last edited by alp67; May 15, 2018 at 6:14 am
Old May 15, 2018, 7:24 am

another booking link:

kayak.com -> travelocity
Old May 15, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Any travel agent can book it, if you can still find one. Per above, I got it to allow BA and CX operated flights, and the travel agent GDS (computer system) autopriced it with no problem.

I'm not taking this one, but the system priced it and would have ticketed it no problem. And I can echo YYZC2's comments about ET being miserable regarding error fares. Not sure if this one is an error or not though!
Old May 15, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
It does appear to be a valid fare. Well - it's loaded and autoprices properly in travel agent GDSes. I built as a sample itinerary:

EgyptAir codeshare (ET code operated by Egyptair) CAI-ADD
ADD-SIN (ET)
SIN-SYD (BA, books into I class)
SYD-CNS on Jetstar (B class)
CNS-HKG on CX (I class)
HKG-ADD-CAI on ET

JQ will be very much economy. No lounge access (it departs for another terminal to QF) and probably no seat or luggage. But the rest may make up for that. ( JQ is awful though)
Old May 15, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
These fares have been around a long time,since Dec 2016 at least. I cannot recall if discussed on FT buried in a thread on another ex-CAI fare or discussed on sites other than FT, but it has definitely been discussed. Initially it was not bookable, my recollection from looking at it was that none of the fares had routing tables in them. Then in Mar 2018 the fares were refiled/updated, same price just with routing tables (the one cut and pasted above), making them bookable. I say "these fares" because there are a few classes and both OW and RT. The bit of searching through OTAs that I did with another hacker in March when the routing table was added suggested that only the HKG routing can be booked via OTAs, others need a real world TA.

This is what was in the system prior to Mar 16, 2018- just space and a period where the routing table should be.PUBLISHED RTG CAI-CNS/ET144 /TAR-MERG EF-23DEC16 DIS-16MAR18

BTW- pick your poison on the first segment, 10:35pm- 3:15am or 2:20am-7:20am on a 737, nice!
Unionruler likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
A real travel agent may be able to book these fares but it's virtually impossible to get them to ticket online as far as I can see.

BookwithMatrix is an obvious solution. Yes you can get to the screenshots above but if you go one step further Flightnetwork either fails ("Oops something has gone wrong") or reprices to $4000+. Priceline either reprices to $4000 or it offers a ticket at approximately the same price (circa $1200) but the seats are actually in Economy. When you re-run a search in Priceline in Business the fare isn't even the cheapest (even more than Emirates and Etihad). Depending on your routing you may also be offered an option to book with Kiwi and that prices out at circa $14,000 (yes you read that right, fourteen thousand dollars).

The Kayak and Travelocity link just does the same thing. It'll show the flight at the price advertised until you get to the booking stage then it reprices to $4000.

Either these tickets are selling like hotcakes and the prices are changing every few seconds or possibly these tickets simply cannot be ticketed online. I've tried numerous different dates and slightly tweaked the routes and connecting flights. They all start at about $1200 but everything I have tried either fails or ends up at $4000+.

My challenge is can someone post a screenshot of the final confirmation screen on any of these sites that is still $1200 and in Business?
Old May 15, 2018, 6:53 pm

I was able to price up OW on Expedia UK for £544 in J/I using multi trip search, but this did not work for a RT booking unfortunately
​​​​
Old May 15, 2018, 9:12 pm

Heck of a deal if you can get it to book.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:24 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
hm

free hotel at ADD?
arriving 7.20
deparding next day 0.05
Old May 15, 2018, 11:32 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just a note to all jumping on this fare (if you can book it), I believe a yellow fever cert will be needed since the transit is more than 12 hours on both ways. I had wanted to jump on this too, but due to this decided to not pull the plug on what is quite a good fare. Furthermore, the reviews of both ET and the airport transit is a mix bag.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Combine with this for a RTW trip:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...hnd-570-a.html
Old May 16, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller

JQ will be very much economy. No lounge access (it departs for another terminal to QF) and probably no seat or luggage. But the rest may make up for that. ( JQ is awful though)
Absolutely - I was just playing with it to see if I could get the BA and CX-operated flights to price. The BA flight to SYD required the JQ flight up to CNS which, as you rightly point out, is nasty!

If I was to do it, I'd probably do the CX option via HKG, but once again, too, I haven't really concentrated on the connecting times, which also looked nasty from what I recall.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by lhr baby
A real travel agent may be able to book these fares but it's virtually impossible to get them to ticket online as far as I can see.

BookwithMatrix is an obvious solution. Yes you can get to the screenshots above but if you go one step further Flightnetwork either fails ("Oops something has gone wrong") or reprices to $4000+. Priceline either reprices to $4000 or it offers a ticket at approximately the same price (circa $1200) but the seats are actually in Economy. When you re-run a search in Priceline in Business the fare isn't even the cheapest (even more than Emirates and Etihad). Depending on your routing you may also be offered an option to book with Kiwi and that prices out at circa $14,000 (yes you read that right, fourteen thousand dollars).

The Kayak and Travelocity link just does the same thing. It'll show the flight at the price advertised until you get to the booking stage then it reprices to $4000.

Either these tickets are selling like hotcakes and the prices are changing every few seconds or possibly these tickets simply cannot be ticketed online. I've tried numerous different dates and slightly tweaked the routes and connecting flights. They all start at about $1200 but everything I have tried either fails or ends up at $4000+.

My challenge is can someone post a screenshot of the final confirmation screen on any of these sites that is still $1200 and in Business?
This is the furthest I'm willing to go. It's just one click before buying, after all details have been submitted. It still shows $ 1'255 and all in business as my screenshots prove. If 99% is not enough and you wanna be 100% sure, book it yourself. You can cancel for free within 24 hours with priceline.

Old May 16, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by lhr baby
....The Kayak and Travelocity link just does the same thing. It'll show the flight at the price advertised until you get to the booking stage then it reprices to $4000.
No, it does not. at least not on my pc as you can see:

All in business as well. You can book it yourself, if something goes wrong, just cancel within 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.