Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Old May 15, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
On another topic I saw folks reported AF agents blaimed that OTAs issued something incorrectly. If I hear this I will try to record (not prohibited in Russia from what I understand) and then sell back to AF or send to OTAs
Really this is pissing off to hear things like this about OTAs and this shall stop.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Keter
On another topic I saw folks reported AF agents blaimed that OTAs issued something incorrectly. If I hear this I will try to record (not prohibited in Russia from what I understand) and then sell back to AF or send to OTAs
Really this is pissing off to hear things like this about OTAs and this shall stop.
in my case they blamed it on Delta that they made mistake
Old May 29, 2018, 6:42 am

I am still on it and exploring a few routes to get my tickets (to end 18) restated by AF into J/P. Feel free to contact me via private message if still have yours with trip planned later this year and I keep you posted on how I approach this / latest updates. Might be worth to keep exchanging on communciations received from AF / OTAs on this.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Genevaflyer2017
I am still on it and exploring a few routes to get my tickets (to end 18) restated by AF into J/P. Feel free to contact me via private message if still have yours with trip planned later this year and I keep you posted on how I approach this / latest updates. Might be worth to keep exchanging on communciations received from AF / OTAs on this.
pm
Old May 31, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by havane2009
Anyone slipped through the cracks? Say in 1 month from now no sign of F to Y transfer, nor any call from OTA/AF; what would you do?
I'm wondering if I have slipped through. I called Air France yesterday, and was told there was no modification to my ticket since booking. I specifically asked about La Premiere. Now I'm left to decide if I have enough confidence to make other travel plans.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
Am I the only one that is having trouble getting refund from AF? I did book through Orbitz, but I finally got sick of it and put in a request via my CC to investigate.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by xedubx
Am I the only one that is having trouble getting refund from AF? I did book through Orbitz, but I finally got sick of it and put in a request via my CC to investigate.
I have a similar problem - booked by expedia.de, one month in talks with AF and lawyer, after AF not answering my Final demand I canceled my tickets two weeks ago but was told it will take up to 12 weeks to get money back!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:11 am

Initiate a disputed charge with your CC

Upon waiting 18 days after cancelling my booking with AF, and seeing no credit within the 10 business days indicated to me, I initiated a CC dispute. I was asked to fax in relavent documents, i.e. the original and amended tickets, and the email from AF mentioning a refund,. As well, I added a reference to the booking codes being refundable. Oddly, I received an email from DL, in response to the AF online refund request that I completed, stating that the refund had been accepted and would take up to two billing cycles to be processed. A couple of days later, I saw the credit posted to my account, just shortly before payment was due. I don't know if it appeared due to the CC dispute or if it was from AF directly. As I had already paid my bill, I have a credit balance to use for my next (mis)adventure. BTW, I used Expedia for TD through the TD bank portal here in Canada. It was TD that handled the CC dispute, forwarding the information to Visa.
​​​​​​

Last edited by flyme2; Jun 15, 2018 at 8:14 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
I have a similar problem - booked by expedia.de, one month in talks with AF and lawyer, after AF not answering my Final demand I canceled my tickets two weeks ago but was told it will take up to 12 weeks to get money back!
I had the same behavior. Did not want to ruin my vacation because of them. And got the same "12 weeks to refund" thing. I must say I was expecting that to be on the safe side, but 5 weeks after I still do not have the refund back to my account.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
Upon waiting 18 days after cancelling my booking with AF, and seeing no credit within the 10 business days indicated to me, I initiated a CC dispute. I was asked to fax in relavent documents, i.e. the original and amended tickets, and the email from AF mentioning a refund,. As well, I added a reference to the booking codes being refundable. Oddly, I received an email from DL, in response to the AF online refund request that I completed, stating that the refund had been accepted and would take up to two billing cycles to be processed. A couple of days later, I saw the credit posted to my account, just shortly before payment was due. I don't know if it appeared due to the CC dispute or if it was from AF directly. As I had already paid my bill, I have a credit balance to use for my next (mis)adventure. BTW, I used Expedia for TD through the TD bank portal here in Canada. It was TD that handled the CC dispute, forwarding the information to Visa.
​​​​​​
That seems pretty painful. Luckily for me, I used an AMEX and their process tends to be lot less painful.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by xedubx
Wasted too much time on phone calls with Orbitz...so I just disputed on AMEX and didn't have to worry about it again. I just got a letter from Amex last week that AF finally issued refund end of June... this is from May 7th so I certainly wasn't willing to pay and then wait and see.

Next time, I won't bother with all the follow up phone calls with Orbitz.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by xray
Wasted too much time on phone calls with Orbitz...so I just disputed on AMEX and didn't have to worry about it again. I just got a letter from Amex last week that AF finally issued refund end of June... this is from May 7th so I certainly wasn't willing to pay and then wait and see.

Next time, I won't bother with all the follow up phone calls with Orbitz.
This is how my dispute ended as well, although I haven't received the letter yet. Shows up as credited on May 6th.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
has anyone gone to court with this or is willing to put some presure on them?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I gave up, and received absolutely no compensation despite several interactions with Customer Service. Moreover, they took a crazy long time to refund. They offered absolutely nothing, especially no W or J offer at that price.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:26 am

I gave it a try and went to my lawyers after I sent them the Final Demand which they never answered. But I was told that if I would like to go to court, I have to go to France as it is a country where is AF registered. It is not possible to make i in my country also in EU so this surprised me. And I am not willing to waste my time looking for french lawyers, waiting at the court to find out that french courts won't go agains their own company. So we all gave up. And thatsalways with airlines. You have to pay for non refundable fares but when airlines makee mistakes...nobody cares...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.