Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyme2
I'm not sure the fare will stick, but tickets are fully refundable. Using the US AF website, IST-AEP, yields a fare of $2,122.52 USD. You are able to pick seats for all segments, even those on the SAO-AEP AR (economy) flights. However, when looking at the fare details, the fare bucket is "M," which is full fare economy. It's perplexing, as seat selection on the CDG-SAO segment is in La Premiere, and IST-CDG is in Business, albeit on Joon.
Orbitz and Expedia do not appear to offer the same IST-AEP fare, but IST-SAO for $2359.50 USD with IST-CDG being a "J" fare and CDG-SAO being a "P" fare.
Perhaps the "M" fare actually does actually refer to the fare bucket. If that is the case, most, but probably all, reservations will be downgraded to economy.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I cancelled J ticket on AZ already after getting BP for this flight
Oh dear, that will have probably costed you around 2/300€ [in cancellation fees] as well? Yet, as much as I like Magnifica and the Bvlgari kit, I understand why you went for La Premiere's fare and would have taken the risk myself as well

G
Old May 7, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Oh dear, that will have probably costed you around 2/300€ [in cancellation fees] as well? Yet, as much as I like Magnifica and the Bvlgari kit, I understand why you went for La Premiere's fare and would have taken the risk myself as well

G
Actually it was free of charge (check TUN-FCO-JNB). I had to forfit 230 usd though in tickets to TUN and from FCO. I never flew AZ so I wanted to try it, but this was interesting opportunity to try La Premiere. I guess I should learn, AF screwed me month ago with their strike, but I was quite happy to try J on VS :-) Much better than KL on the return leg.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flyme2
Perhaps the "M" fare actually does actually refer to the fare bucket. If that is the case, most, but probably all, reservations will be downgraded to economy.
Not sure what you booked, but indeed it needed to be a P fare.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1MM - SPG Gold - HH Gold - MR Silver
BAD NEWS! My entire booking was just downgraded to Y. I'm a travel agent, so booked myself in Sabre. At least I can still void the ticket. I was pretty sure this was going to happen, but thought I'd give it a try. Sorry guys!

2.SSR OTHS 1S REBOOK TO ECO CABIN DUE INVALID FARE FILING
Old May 7, 2018, 7:52 pm
Suspended

V fare basis bk fare travel-ticket ap minmax rtg
22 mffwtr p o 1317.00 ---- - -/ - at01
passenger type-adt auto price-yes
from-ist to-sao cxr-af tvl-02nov18 rule-trff iprsaa2/27
fare basis-mffwtr normal fare dis-n vendor-atp
fare type-fu ow-first class unrestricted
usd 1317.00 0271 e07mar18 d-infinity fc-mffwtr fn-
system dates - created 06mar18/0524 expires infinity
Old May 7, 2018, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AerophilePS
BAD NEWS! My entire booking was just downgraded to Y. I'm a travel agent, so booked myself in Sabre. At least I can still void the ticket. I was pretty sure this was going to happen, but thought I'd give it a try. Sorry guys!

when were you supposed to be flying?
Old May 7, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1MM - SPG Gold - HH Gold - MR Silver
Originally Posted by oneworld82
when were you supposed to be flying?
25May
Old May 7, 2018, 8:08 pm
Suspended

25May
I guess they are reconverting based on uplift date. My ticket is for November so we'll see...
Old May 7, 2018, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by palmanfr
I believe that OP will be more disappointed to fly in economy on the CDG-GRU leg that on the shorter IST-CDG flight. And the CDG-GRU.is operated by AF, which is a community carrier. Downgrades compensation are not linked to overselling of flights. At least this is what the app the EU commission created about passenger rights mentions...
And I am also commenting based on the what happened with some passengers during the last SFO F "error" fare. The first few passengers managed to fly in J instead of F, with some compensation paid at the counter in SFO.....
OK. Who will be the first to file EU261 downgrade compensation claim? Please keep all posted on outcome of downgrade claim.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)

Got an email from Orbitz asking me to accept the changes...first leg IST-CDG in Y as opposed to J and CDG-GRU just happens to be in Y (despite the fact it was confirmed in P)...
Old May 7, 2018, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by christravelblog

as far as i know the last leg is JOON. They only have 1 class.
That’s incorrect.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:50 pm

Mine (booked on Expedia, to JNB in OCT) looked all good until I refreshed the “manage my booking” site on airfrance.com just now: all segments changed to Y

AWWWW

well, was worth the thrill
Old May 8, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by hassanal
Mine (booked on Expedia, to JNB in OCT) looked all good until I refreshed the “manage my booking” site on airfrance.com just now: all segments changed to Y
AWWWW
well, was worth the thrill
+1
booked for NOV to MVD
Old May 8, 2018, 1:24 am

Same here. I had booked this First Class deal via Expedia to CPT in November. Inital booking classes confirmed in J and P with flexible/refudnlae ticket. Booking was immediatley confirmed by Expedia and I received a ticket number + seat selection in First via AF site. Booking was visibile in Air France and also received AF ticket confirmation. Still valid last night. This morning I rechecked AF site and now all in Economy. No Email from Expedia and no email from AF. What happened here? And more important what can/should I do now? I do not want to fly this is Eco and the fare is to expensive for Eco. Thanks all for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.