Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{Fare Gone} Qf: Sfo-zqn/akl/wlg/ new zea $575-$675

{Fare Gone} Qf: Sfo-zqn/akl/wlg/ new zea $575-$675

Reply

Old May 4, 18, 4:21 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 48
{Fare Gone} Qf: Sfo-zqn/akl/wlg/ new zea $575-$675

These are QANTAS basic economy fares that include bags but cost $60 more round trip to pick basic seat. No quick turn around that I can see so please move if this doesn't fit with mileage run. I think it books in O and S fare which would be 100% miles on AS. Am I mistaken?

Last edited by tobikosan; May 4, 18 at 5:10 pm
tobikosan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 18, 4:50 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: YYJ
Posts: 2,762
When?
sokolov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 18, 5:01 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Orangevale, CA USA
Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Posts: 383
Anyone know how you can book an extra seat with this fare? I saw you have to pay $60 extra to choose a seat. Would they make you pay $60x3 to make sure you had three seats together?

Last edited by daveinsf; May 4, 18 at 8:32 pm
daveinsf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 18, 5:06 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 48
Not so good at this: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...D;e:1;sd:1;t:f

Looks like needs to be longer stay. Found to all kinds of New Zealand destinations. Mostly looking early 2019 but flights in Nov and Dec also. Not showing up on ITA but easy to find on Qantas website. Seems like 14 day is needed for lowest fare.
tobikosan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 18, 7:37 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast Best Coast
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 14,877
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
Not so good at this: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...D;e:1;sd:1;t:f

Looks like needs to be longer stay. Found to all kinds of New Zealand destinations. Mostly looking early 2019 but flights in Nov and Dec also. Not showing up on ITA but easy to find on Qantas website. Seems like 14 day is needed for lowest fare.
Interesting. You can get a ~10 day minimum for $775 rt.

I can work with this. Thank you for the post.
tobikosan likes this.
PV_Premier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 18, 11:57 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Posts: 3,155
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
These are QANTAS basic economy fares that include bags but cost $60 more round trip to pick basic seat. No quick turn around that I can see so please move if this doesn't fit with mileage run. I think it books in O and S fare which would be 100% miles on AS. Am I mistaken?
qantas always charges for seat selection unless ow elite ? I had no idea qantas had BE.
Mauibaby2008 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 18, 1:26 pm
  #7  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN CP & A-list preferred, Interstate BBQ at MEM B17, Hotwire, Priceline, tent
Posts: 19,098
FWIW I recently flew this route and I had no problem getting decent seats for free by phoning Qantas a day or two before the flight. Coach seating in their 747's is the best I've ever experienced.

Take a good pair of hiking boots and explore north from Te Anau. Your feet will thank you.
tobikosan and Brandinho1 like this.
nsx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 18, 3:33 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 48
Does anyone what fare this books in? It shows up on ITA Matrix at $1700 so perhaps not the same code. Specifically I am wondering how it credits to AS.
tobikosan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 18, 5:29 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 339
Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
Does anyone what fare this books in? It shows up on ITA Matrix at $1700 so perhaps not the same code. Specifically I am wondering how it credits to AS.
This would book in as 'O' and 'S' fare class.

The earnings credited to AS would be (for SFO-SYD-AKL as an example):

17,524 Miles and Elite Miles credited to your Alaska Airlines MileagePlan
tobikosan likes this.
laptoptravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 18, 6:28 am
  #10  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN CP & A-list preferred, Interstate BBQ at MEM B17, Hotwire, Priceline, tent
Posts: 19,098
Fare gone.
nsx is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: