Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Neither airline will touch it. Your point of contact is your travel agency, i.e. Tripsta. I don't know what the latest is. The last I heard was that they had "temporarily ceased trading", which really doesn't sound good.

I'm not sure how this is going to end for those who have booked through Tripsta.
united can touch the ticket with some luck but yes need your agent to reissue ticket.

in my case, i contacted united and with some luck changed the Wednesday departure who was impacted by the EWR stopover and put my departure one day after to choose a direct flight from paris to sfo. This change was made on united side and told me to check with the agent who issued the ticket in order to re issue the ticket with the new changement.

in my second luck, tripsta was on service at this time and I asked him to re issue ticket because airline was changed it and I accept the change

good luck for others and hope our flights will not change anymore 😉😉
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Neither airline will touch it. Your point of contact is your travel agency, i.e. Tripsta. I don't know what the latest is. The last I heard was that they had "temporarily ceased trading", which really doesn't sound good.

I'm not sure how this is going to end for those who have booked through Tripsta.
Originally Posted by karlot_96

united can touch the ticket with some luck but yes need your agent to reissue ticket.

in my case, i contacted united and with some luck changed the Wednesday departure who was impacted by the EWR stopover and put my departure one day after to choose a direct flight from paris to sfo. This change was made on united side and told me to check with the agent who issued the ticket in order to re issue the ticket with the new changement.

in my second luck, tripsta was on service at this time and I asked him to re issue ticket because airline was changed it and I accept the change

good luck for others and hope our flights will not change anymore ����
Good news! I contacted United who told me to contact air NZ who told me to contact Tripsta. Told her tripsta is bust and she went "oh wait that's right, received a note of this 2 hours ago". She put me on hold to talk to her supervisor, got back to me after 5 mins and reissued the tickets via air NZ. Only 'downside' is that the itinerary changed to CDG-EWR-SFO instead of CDG-SFO direct. I received the new etickets already. Happy ending!
maciass, The_Bouncer and karlot_96 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
That was an ordeal but I managed to get the Tripsta booking reissued after about 90 minutes on the phone to ANZ. Operator did notice the absurdly low fare at some point but that didn't stop her reissuing it. Only way to process it was to give her my UA res details so she could log in to the booking on United.com and pick up the details from there.
The_Bouncer and karlot_96 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:07 am

Shahbazp, I am afraid you are not in a good position here.

The onus is on your travel agent to have the ticket reissued, and Flightfinder was able to do this for me after a similar change.

I am not sure whether your agency is giving you the correct information, when they state that Air New Zealand have refused to reissue the ticket.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself on the ins-and-outs of OTAs can confirm which of the parties involved is most likely to be the one who is being difficult?
The agent eSky states that the agency support of NZ air is not willing to reissue the ticket because it’s an error fare.
The customer support mentions that the ticket is valid. No mentions is made about what could explain that the agent is unable to reissue the ticket.
What would you advise me to do?

Last edited by Shahbazp; Aug 1, 2018 at 8:29 am Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Shahbazp

The agent eSky states that the agency support of NZ air is not willing to reissue the ticket because it’s an error fare.
The customer support mentions that the ticket is valid. No mentions is made about what could explain that the agent is unable to reissue the ticket.
What would you advise me to do?
Based on others' experiences with Air New Zealand, it sounds like eSky are the ones being difficult here. I would get back onto them and escalate the call to a supervisor or floor manager.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:34 am

I have the same problem. Change time flights, contact with OTA and information in reply that only refund is possible, because NZ do not authorize any change.
I exchanged a few mails with NZ directly and initially they said that it is not true, they will support OTA and do not insist on ticket refund.
However, finally, in last mail, NZ confirmed that refund is only the option. So in my opinion NZ is not playing fair.

BTW. From the legal matter. It is interesting they said, that they are not a side of the contact, because I bought a ticket through OTA.
Moreover, they said that the NZ regulations published on their website, as a conditions of carriage do not apply to me.
Of course OTA regulation is that they are only a broker and a ticket and contract is directly with the airline.

Last edited by opcio; Aug 4, 2018 at 5:39 am
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:00 am

eSky mentions that
"the reservation was the result of tariff error of the Air New Zealand line. You have been informed about the possibility of cancellation by the airline on our Partner's website during the booking process.
As a result of a scheduled change to your reservation, the ticket owner - the Air New Zealand airline - did not agree to change and re-issue the ticket. The only solution proposed by the line is the refund of the full ticket amount.
We will not refer to information that you receive directly from the line.
However, we emphasize, in accordance with the information provided to us by Air New Zealand in your case, that the purchased ticket does not guarantee you travel (even if the ticket is still in the booking system on the carrier's website)."

while New Zealand air states that
"Where a booking has been made through a third-party rather than directly with Air New Zealand, we have limited access to information regarding flights other than our own. Additional access is available to both your agent, and their Air New Zealand Agency Sales team.
On request by you directly to 'eSky', they can discuss your booking with Agency Sales to obtain the information you are seeking.
A schedule change to your flights would require the ticket to be re-issued by your agent. As this was originally issued by your agent, it is also they who must re-issue, following any conditions regarding ticket validity that may apply between them and their Agency Sales team for the fare offered.
Please contact your agent who can assist you further."

it's challenging to know if the airline or the travel agent is being difficult
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Shahbazp, it looks like it is the agent who is being difficult on this occasion, and I'm afraid I think you're probably hosed.

If the agent has their heels dug in, your only option is probably to rock up at the airport, play dumb and hope they can do something with it once it's under airport control.

As an aside, unfortunately I have had to cancel my own trip due to personal circumstances, but I wish all the best to everyone who got in on this deal.
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:37 pm

[QUOTE=The_Bouncer;30089182]Shahbazp, it looks like it is the agent who is being difficult on this occasion, and I'm afraid I think you're probably hosed.

If the agent has their heels dug in, your only option is probably to rock up at the airport, play dumb and hope they can do something with it once it's under airport control.

As an aside, unfortunately I have had to cancel my own trip due to personal circumstances, but I wish all the best to everyone who got in on this deal.[/QUOTE

yes i agree
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:21 am

Hello everyone!
I've been preparing my trip to New Zealand for a while now, but like most of you, I have noticed a change in my flights.
During the return trip (back from NZ to Paris), instead of doing SFO-CDG, they changed the route to SFO-ORD-CDG. I now have an additional connection in Chicago (bad luck, since the direct flight sill exists for all days except the day I travel). Some of the other flights have slightly minor schedule changes (like 5 minutes difference). The outbound trip is not affected.
I now get this message on United: "A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued."
I've booked my trip through Tripsta, which is dead. What should I do? Contact United? Do nothing?
If my outbound trip hasn't change, does it mean I can do it safely? Or a change on the return trip means the whole ticket needs reissuing to work?
I don't understand why some of you had their tickets reissued by Air New Zealand. The change is on a United flight, not a Air New Zealand one, right?
My trip starts on November 19.
Thanks a lot for your help, I'm kinda nervous right now
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by HommeCrabe
Hello everyone!
I've been preparing my trip to New Zealand for a while now, but like most of you, I have noticed a change in my flights.
During the return trip (back from NZ to Paris), instead of doing SFO-CDG, they changed the route to SFO-ORD-CDG. I now have an additional connection in Chicago (bad luck, since the direct flight sill exists for all days except the day I travel). Some of the other flights have slightly minor schedule changes (like 5 minutes difference). The outbound trip is not affected.
I now get this message on United: "A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued."
I've booked my trip through Tripsta, which is dead. What should I do? Contact United? Do nothing?
If my outbound trip hasn't change, does it mean I can do it safely? Or a change on the return trip means the whole ticket needs reissuing to work?
I don't understand why some of you had their tickets reissued by Air New Zealand. The change is on a United flight, not a Air New Zealand one, right?
My trip starts on November 19.
Thanks a lot for your help, I'm kinda nervous right now
Air New Zealand have issued the ticket, so at the end of the day, they're responsible for it. Call them, they seem to be willing to take control of the reservation and reissue the ticket.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
Air New Zealand have issued the ticket, so at the end of the day, they're responsible for it. Call them, they seem to be willing to take control of the reservation and reissue the ticket.
Thank you for your answer. I guess I'll have to call them. Just another question: how do you know ANZ issued the ticket? I would have thought United was the main company here. When I check my trip on ANZ, only a part of it shows (San Francisco - Wellington - San Francisco), not the rest.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:48 am

The e-ticket number starts 086, meaning it's issued by ANZ. If you call United on this, they'll tell you to contact ANZ. A ticket doesn't have to be issued by the 'main' carrier. In fact, the issuing carrier doesn't have to operate any of the flights (as will often happen on BA/AA/IB transatlantics)
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:20 am

Thanks again sigma421, I didn't know all of this!

I've called ANZ. After 20 minutes waiting, I got someone. I simply explained that I had booked a trip to New Zealand operated by United Airlines and Air New Zealand, that United recently changed the route of the return trip, and that they told me that tickets need to be reissued and to contact you. 10 minutes later, I received an e-mail with the new tickets No question about the error fare or Tripsta!

I'd like to thanks all the people involved in this thread, if I hadn't found it on Google, I would still be wandering about what I should do!
glennhaak likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:48 am

Hi all, any suggestion to where is best to credit miles for this trip (mine is due in February)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.