Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Tripsta has "temporarily ceased trading" (read: gone bust). TBH, I think you are going to struggle to get this reticketed.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Go back to your original e-mailed confirmation. There will be a link to your flight details. Then send them a message via their web page (I'm sure it will be fine if you write in English). I did this on the French site and they got back to me very quickly (although I had to pay 15EUR for some BS "service package" before they would do anything.

If the English message doesn't work, pm me or post here and I'll write out a text in German for you.

Thank you! I've sent them a message so now we wait and see what happens
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:34 am

Did anyone book through eSky?
it’s been 3 months since I received the e-tickets.
now I’m contacted by the OTA because New Zealand air won’t reissue the ticket and I’m offered a refund.
i already made another (non-cancellable) flight booking meanwhile.
Do I need to accept this explanation?
if i have no other choice, can I seek any compensation?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Shahbazp
Did anyone book through eSky?
it’s been 3 months since I received the e-tickets.
now I’m contacted by the OTA because New Zealand air won’t reissue the ticket and I’m offered a refund.
i already made another (non-cancellable) flight booking meanwhile.
Do I need to accept this explanation?
if i have no other choice, can I seek any compensation?
hey,

why do you need to reissue the ticket ? Did your itinerary changed from the first booking ? I mean if united transfers you via EWR to SFO ?

If your itinerary was not changed from the initial booking and you said that u got ur etix, so I guess it's ok
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by karlot_96

hey,

why do you need to reissue the ticket ? Did your itinerary changed from the first booking ? I mean if united transfers you via EWR to SFO ?

If your itinerary was not changed from the initial booking and you said that u got ur etix, so I guess it's ok
I was told:
Good morning,

i want inform you that UNITED AIRLINES changed your flight reservation.

Original details of flight

UA 984K 30JAN CDGSFO 915A 1145A

UA 917K 30JAN SFOAKL 1045P 855A

NZ 421S 01FEB AKLWLG 1100A 1205P

NZ 849S 15FEB WLGSYD 340P 525P

UA 870K 16FEB SYDSFO SS1 1230P 705A

UA 990K 16FEB SFOCDG SS1 235P 1015A

Changed flight details:

UA 800K 30JAN EWRSFO 1500 1831

UA 917K 30JAN SFOAKL 2245 855

NZ 421S 01FEB AKLWLG 1100 1205

NZ 849S 15FEB WLGSYD 1545 1730

UA 870K 16FEB SYDSFO 1300 0735

UA 990K 16FEB SFOCDG 1440 1015

Ticket was issued in tariff error and the airline AIR NEW ZELAND, don't give authorisation to reissue this ticket. We can only refund this ticket.

Last edited by Shahbazp; Jul 24, 2018 at 1:19 pm Reason: Private data
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Shahbazp

I was told:
Good morning,

i want inform you that UNITED AIRLINES changed your flight reservation.

Original details of flight

UA 984K 30JAN CDGSFO 915A 1145A

UA 917K 30JAN SFOAKL 1045P 855A

NZ 421S 01FEB AKLWLG 1100A 1205P

NZ 849S 15FEB WLGSYD 340P 525P

UA 870K 16FEB SYDSFO SS1 1230P 705A

UA 990K 16FEB SFOCDG SS1 235P 1015A

Changed flight details:

UA 800K 30JAN EWRSFO 1500 1831

UA 917K 30JAN SFOAKL 2245 855

NZ 421S 01FEB AKLWLG 1100 1205

NZ 849S 15FEB WLGSYD 1545 1730

UA 870K 16FEB SYDSFO 1300 0735

UA 990K 16FEB SFOCDG 1440 1015

Ticket was issued in tariff error and the airline AIR NEW ZELAND, don't give authorisation to reissue this ticket. We can only refund this ticket.

this is another story. Your flight was changed

need to reissue the ticket with the new itinerary..... sound not too good to deal with them now
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Shahbazp, I am afraid you are not in a good position here.

The onus is on your travel agent to have the ticket reissued, and Flightfinder was able to do this for me after a similar change.

I am not sure whether your agency is giving you the correct information, when they state that Air New Zealand have refused to reissue the ticket.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself on the ins-and-outs of OTAs can confirm which of the parties involved is most likely to be the one who is being difficult?
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:36 pm

Shahbazp, I am afraid you are not in a good position here.

The onus is on your travel agent to have the ticket reissued, and Flightfinder was able to do this for me after a similar change.

I am not sure whether your agency is giving you the correct information, when they state that Air New Zealand have refused to reissue the ticket.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself on the ins-and-outs of OTAs can confirm which of the parties involved is most likely to be the one who is being difficult?
Indeed, i don’t know who is being difficult here and i don’t know what’s the next step to take.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I doubt you will get the OTA to reissue the ticket when the OTA seems to insist that only a refund is possible. You could refuse the refund and try to travel on the ticket as it is. Most likely the UA agents at check-in at CDG will be able to fix/reissue the ticket and to send you off to EWR and SFO. The same for the NZ segment with the minor time/schedule change - the NZ check-in agents should be able to either allow you to travel on the ticket as it is or reissue it on the spot. At the airports the agents are more flexible and have much more leeway to fix issues and get the pax to the destination.

However, this approach is not for the faint-hearted as nothing is guaranteed and the risk is obviously that the check-in agents or airport ticket offices will not play along and you will not be able to travel on the ticket as it is. So it is really up to you and how adventurous you are. Good luck!
maciass and karlot_96 like this.

Last edited by SK AAR; Jul 25, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:23 am

So, as per my post above, I emailed Airfinder/Flightfinder/FlyUvet (I've had correspondence from all three and believe they're the same company?) and finally, after coughing up 15EUR, they've reissued my ticket and it's all showing as confirmed for CDG-EWR-SFO-SYD-WLG-AKL-SFO-CDG.
I'm assuming this is as certain as it's ever going to get now, so would we say I'm safe to start making some bookings? Thanks everyone who's posted here to help!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by arisser
So, as per my post above, I emailed Airfinder/Flightfinder/FlyUvet (I've had correspondence from all three and believe they're the same company?) and finally, after coughing up 15EUR, they've reissued my ticket and it's all showing as confirmed for CDG-EWR-SFO-SYD-WLG-AKL-SFO-CDG.
I'm assuming this is as certain as it's ever going to get now, so would we say I'm safe to start making some bookings? Thanks everyone who's posted here to help!
So you had to buy the BS "Service Package" too? Anyway, it's a good result. I would say this is a go now. The booking has had human attention now - if they were going to can it they would not have reticketed it.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:40 pm

So you had to buy the BS "Service Package" too? Anyway, it's a good result. I would say this is a go now. The booking has had human attention now - if they were going to can it they would not have reticketed it.
Yeah. My first email got an almost instant response telling me they weren't able to look at my reservation until I bought the service package. Awful customer service practice but on this occasion I figured 15€ is nothing to secure the flights. This whole experience is putting me off ever using an OTA for anything else though, haha.
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
UPDATE:

My booking has now been updated, with a new 086 e-ticket number attached to all segments, CDG-EWR-SFO-AKL-WLG-SYD-SFO-CDG.

I think I can now safely say this is definitely a go.
I now get the same message

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

Do I contact tripsta or do i contact united?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Originally Posted by jvde

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

right so i just contacted united who are telling me to contact air new zealand ... Currently on hold with them. Tried a few Tripsta contact numbers but no luck it just says number doesn't exist. Are they really bust?

Last edited by jvde; Jul 31, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jvde

Neither airline will touch it. Your point of contact is your travel agency, i.e. Tripsta. I don't know what the latest is. The last I heard was that they had "temporarily ceased trading", which really doesn't sound good.

I'm not sure how this is going to end for those who have booked through Tripsta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.