Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] RJ 54th Anniversary Sale: CAI-JFK/ORD $1000 Business rt and More

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] RJ 54th Anniversary Sale: CAI-JFK/ORD $1000 Business rt and More

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond

Looks like RJ is having some sort of sale on a large number of their routes. I am seeing rt from CAI to the US for around $1000. Also TLV to the US for around $1500 rt.

Sale is ending in a few hours and the RJ website isn't working well so act fast.

Shoutout to OMAAT for the headsup
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:26 pm

Can't really find any routes out of HKG, BKK, KUL
expatOWflyer likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hilton, IHG
Website seems to be working a bit better now.

Some ex-US fares that i found, wide open availability:
JFK-BEY $2088
JFK-KUL $2180
ORD-Muscat $2125

Hard to find the fare class but I'd imagine these would be I fares. Earn 1.5 EQM and 20% EQD on AA.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: SK, BA, KL, Hertz, Sixt, Avis
You can also find CAI-BKK r/t with Turkish Airlines from January throughout May for 850€. Would say that's a pretty decent deal too.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Just booked for myself for next year. I really shouldn't have but $1036 rt CAI-ORD for next year was too good to pass up

Also, mine booked into D not I, so it earns a 25% cabin bonus, as well as 25% EQD instead of 20%
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:00 pm

anyone found EUROPE-ASIA/Afrika destionations?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raporot
anyone found EUROPE-ASIA/Afrika destionations?
try TXL-BKK, should be around $990
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:33 pm

Reminder to anyone booking, not sure if it's common knowledge: don't forget your original credit card you used with booking when you take your flight! My Chase Sapphire Reserve was used for fraudulent charges 2 days before I left for Amman on RJ over this Thanksgiving, and so they overnighted me a replacement. I didn't bring the original with me. Turns out, RJ agents cannot "open" the ticket to check you in without your original credit card. One supervisor politely told us we'd have to book another ticket, with no sympathy for the dramatic cost increase there would be in booking one last minute (he finally relented by "taking on the risk himself" after almost an hour and my girlfriend feigning tears). Then, when checking in for our flight back to JFK from AMM, it took over 2 hours for them to get someone on the phone who was willing to override and open the ticket, and we almost missed our flight.

All that said: even flying in Y with RJ was a solidly pleasant experience. Outside of the credit card issue, we had great flights, and even their Y longhaul product is solid with great service.

Edit: one more things on these. It seems that it's very unlikely your flights on RJ will credit automatically to AA. Only two of my four segments did, and zero of my girlfriend's did. AA requires you to fax a copy of your ticket receipt plus your boarding passes(!) to request credit. So don't forget to keep your boarding pass stub.

Last edited by am350; Dec 15, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:43 pm

IST-KUL pretty decent at 940 EUR

EDIT, awesome ow is pricing at half, 470 EUR, you don't see that often
Book as far ahead as the 6th of December

Last edited by Croupier; Dec 15, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

According to the promo, this ends in less than 30min so get your bookings in
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:34 pm

Its now erroring on any ex IST flights
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Just booked for myself for next year. I really shouldn't have but $1036 rt CAI-ORD for next year was too good to pass up

Also, mine booked into D not I, so it earns a 25% cabin bonus, as well as 25% EQD instead of 20%
Ditto i got D as well $1010 out the door CAI-ORD jan-apr 2018
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Coffee84
Ditto i got D as well $1010 out the door CAI-ORD jan-apr 2018
Very nice ^

Should net over $3200 EQD which is great
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Congrats to those getting through. I am using Chrome and Safari and getting errors for over an hour on ex BKK & KUL.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by am350
Reminder to anyone booking, not sure if it's common knowledge: don't forget your original credit card you used with booking when you take your flight! My Chase Sapphire Reserve was used for fraudulent charges 2 days before I left for Amman on RJ over this Thanksgiving, and so they overnighted me a replacement. I didn't bring the original with me. Turns out, RJ agents cannot "open" the ticket to check you in without your original credit card. One supervisor politely told us we'd have to book another ticket, with no sympathy for the dramatic cost increase there would be in booking one last minute (he finally relented by "taking on the risk himself" after almost an hour and my girlfriend feigning tears). Then, when checking in for our flight back to JFK from AMM, it took over 2 hours for them to get someone on the phone who was willing to override and open the ticket, and we almost missed our flight.

All that said: even flying in Y with RJ was a solidly pleasant experience. Outside of the credit card issue, we had great flights, and even their Y longhaul product is solid with great service.

Edit: one more things on these. It seems that it's very unlikely your flights on RJ will credit automatically to AA. Only two of my four segments did, and zero of my girlfriend's did. AA requires you to fax a copy of your ticket receipt plus your boarding passes(!) to request credit. So don't forget to keep your boarding pass stub.
Use PAYPAL?
• If you selected PayPal as form of payment , you are NOT requested to present your credit card or any other documents of payment verification purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.