keeping *A Gold status via UA?

Old Mar 23, 18, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
keeping *A Gold status via UA?

I am 100% leisure flyers. Majority of my flying has been on oneworld. I flew 250K in 2017 and more or less around the same in previous years but peaked in 350K in 2014 when delta had these 80 USD fare to ANC in boxing day of 2013 (I booked 11 of those).

I was 1k for a number of years before it was changed to revenue based earning. Flew 100k before Feb 2015 for 1k on a bunch of mileage run to Lebanon for it.

I am at 650k UA lifetime miles. Does it worth to run 350k UA lifetimes UA (on UA metal) for lifetime star alliance gold status (I am single).

I am still keeping A3 *G even after A3 has ended the lifetime status (got my A3 star gold back in 2012).

In the first year, I had one way J class on CA BKK PEK JNB for 1k USD (200%) and so other short trips for 24k status miles on A3 ( I had to position to JNB for another deal), and W fare on UA (applied SWU)
and some intra Japan trip as well.

In the second year, I had some OZ flights via the FLR DUS deal to Palau (6k) and some other intra Japan short haul, with 4 A3 segments to get 12k.

Now in the thrid year, I am almost done from the ET BKK - ADD - YYZ deal (200%) for 24k status miles.
My A3 *G should last till Nov 2019 for now and it is too early to think about status beyond that.

Given these, do u think it is worth to pursue UA 1MM? Should I look into other program for *A Gold?

(I am also oneworld emerald on AA and oneworld sapphire on JAL together with Alaska MVP 75k gold).

I am going to qualify for ST elite soon as well.
Old Mar 26, 18, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
Given these, do u think it is worth to pursue UA 1MM?
Isn't that more a question for the UA forum?
Old Mar 27, 18, 10:49 pm

woah woah woah, hold on, you flew the FLR DUS deal? What ticket stock were you on?
And if you have been going like this for the past 5 years, isn't it currently useless to get lifetime *G anyway? You have 5 statuses with all alliances, you must be spending like crazy, even though you are on those deals. it is not hard to match to another program if you want to, in case anything fails.

Search this Thread