Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] QR J: £1366 MAN - AKL Round Trip - Wide Open...

[PREM FARE GONE] QR J: £1366 MAN - AKL Round Trip - Wide Open...

Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by EvD86

And let everyone else wait, maybe mis connections because you intentionally mis a connection? Thats just #*@#€
QR gates close 20 minutes before flight departure time, which is the time required to offload luggages, so no delay should come from a voluntary missed connection...
And if marketing genius were not selling tickets with such discrepancies in price per mile/km and were not making us to fly to crazy destinations just to get a huge bonus of miles, things like this would not happen... But it would be less funny ;-)
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
The problem of the 777-200LR seat is the foot part of the seat is not fully horizontal in bed position, I need to use my carry-on and a blanket to stabilize it in a firm horizontal position but all in all, I sleep better there than in QR 787. However the entertainment system of the 777-200LR is very difficult to navigate, it takes ages to browse movies on offer either via the remote control or via the touch screen that is quite far from the seat, unlike the better entertainment system of the 787 which is then better for lounging.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:09 am

Is this offer long gone? I missed out badly couldnt replicate it even a a day after the OP.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by dsched
Is this offer long gone? I missed out badly couldnt replicate it even a a day after the OP.
Was a 48 hour flash sale I'm afraid. Keep an eye on ARN / OSL as departure points also as they're probably your best bet for seeing a fare close to this from previous experience.
dsched likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by mrow
I actually quite like the QR 777 2-2-2 seating. Lots of space and easy to get out if your neighbour has reclined. I actually prefer the seat on the 777 for a long flight over the A380/B787 seat.
I just flew DOH-SYD with the old 777 seats and found it less comfortable compared to the newer seats (not q-suites). I found the seat had a very uncomfortable ridge around shoulder height which stopped me sleeping much more than a few minutes. The newer seats only had one problem for me, and that was bruised elbows from hitting them against the shell of the seat round my head. Positive of flying the 777 was that the flight was very quiet compared to the A380, which meant that I could move to an empty row.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
I've booked one of these for my gran in September / October .
She's chuffed as a butty.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
And it's probably best to take the 4 BA flights shortly before/after the QR trip to maximise the length of status you can get as BAEC memberships run from the month you had your first account activity.
While technically correct, in the end the difference is meaningless.

There is no Avios Tier bonus awarded for flights on Qatar, so getting your 4 flights in early, and trying to hasten the increase in status, will have no actual effect as regards how the QR flights post to your BA account. As you said, the membership year is fixed, so regardless of which order you clear the various hurdles (earning TPs, taking the required number of BA flights) the status will end up being valid until the same date anyway. The number of Avios earned, and the type of lounge available, will in no way change whether one has status with BA at any point during these QR flights.

But for someone whose only planned oneworld flying were these QR tickets, performing the 4 BA sectors prior to taking these QR flights, or waiting until after the QR flights to take the 4 BA sectors, will have no other visible effect other than the status is reached "earlier" in the current membership year.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:00 am

I have a general question surrounding this fare. I booked this deal last month, but am flying to Christchurch instead of Auckland. (MAN-DOH-SYD-CHC), booked on a single ticket as a Qatar business class fare.
The final leg of that ticket (Sydney to Christchurch) however is operated by Air New Zealand and is in economy (This was all booked through Qatar on one ticket, and was all that was offered for the final leg.)

I am wondering whether I will be allowed to use the business class lounge in Sydney (on my way to NZ) if my final outward leg to Christchurch is only in economy, but my long haul flight into Sydney was in business class? Any ideas?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mikeyd1
I have a general question surrounding this fare. I booked this deal last month, but am flying to Christchurch instead of Auckland. (MAN-DOH-SYD-CHC), booked on a single ticket as a Qatar business class fare.
The final leg of that ticket (Sydney to Christchurch) however is operated by Air New Zealand and is in economy (This was all booked through Qatar on one ticket, and was all that was offered for the final leg.)

I am wondering whether I will be allowed to use the business class lounge in Sydney (on my way to NZ) if my final outward leg to Christchurch is only in economy, but my long haul flight into Sydney was in business class? Any ideas?
Unfortunately you won't.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyd1
Do you have *A status? Do you have an AMEX card that grants lounge access?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hate it when fares which have gone get bumped !!
like now !!

Get all excited thinking it's a new and available one :-(
Freddorick likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Apologies for resurrecting

For those also booked on the MAN-DOH-AKL run, I've just received an alert for airframe change from B788 to A359 on the MAN-DOH legs in November - there may be some opportunities for a seat change...

(Presumably the continuing engine saga?)
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I am doing in early September and still showing 787 but would be happy if it changed to A350 as prefer that plane when in QR J

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.