Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
ex-US to India round trip in J for this price is decent enough, but flying CX all the way makes this deal very attractive in my opinion

I found this while perusing Cathay's new promos and I was able to price it out on the CX website. Unfortunately Google flights links don't work even though it shows prices around $2500, and some availability, even on CX's website, prices out much higher when everything is selected.

At any rate this price can be found if you search a bit.

Hope this helps
I was able to get J fares in the $2500 - $2600 range for late May from ORD to MAA, HYD, DEL and BOM. I didn't try to book all at the CX site but the DEL and BOM flights I tried seem to book out for the fares I saw on ITA. Great find!! And all on CX metal (at least to MAA, HYD, DEL and BOM)
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
In case anyone else is on the fence, the Hilton APAC sale ends today!!! It is 25% off (whatever that means). Yesterday I booked this trip and the Hilton. I definitely want to do a day at the elephant preserve, but otherwise, pretty open for what I'll do there.
Ping me if you'd like more details.

The CX PE deal was rather tempting, and would save some $$$, but that is PE...and this is lie-flat biz.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
Mrs. Majuki and I opted for the Hotel Jen Malé due to the 8:45 pm arrival time of the Cathay Pacific flight. We're staying at the Conrad for our resort stay, but we didn't want to have a situation where we arrived late and ended up paying the resort price for a hotel in Malé. Booking at least one night in Malé or the Hulhule Island Hotel near the airport allows for a leisurely transfer to your resort the next day.
Originally Posted by ernad
Fantastic fare to the Maldives or Sri Lanka, all in lie-flat. It also appears that some additional destinations in India may be bookable for a similar price with a combo of American / Cathay / Cathay Dragon. For the Male variant, the equipment is 77W ORD - HKG and A333 HKG - MLE and likewise on the returning legs. The Male variant appears to be CX's I fare class and crediting ~48.4k RT to Alaska with no status.

I'm not allowed to include links until I've reached 5 posts, but visit GF and use sample dates 6/4 - 6/13 for ORD - MLE and a price of $2,569.

Enjoy!
THANKS....got back about 2 weeks ago. I hope this fare is available next year. Stayed first night on Hulhume Island, where airport is located so no water taxi required. Stayed at Ocean Grand. Seamless pick-up and good restaurant at hotel , about 120.00 per night

Last edited by fish3d; May 31, 2018 at 11:46 am Reason: additional info required
Old May 31, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by fish3d
Stayed first night on Hulhume Island, where airport is located so no water taxi required. Stayed at Ocean Grand. Seamless pick-up and good restaurant at hotel , about 120.00 per night.
Yeah, there aren't too many options near the airport. I opted for Male just to walk around the town for a bit. I know there's not much to see, but at least I can same I've been somewhere other than the resort hotel. I hope the fare is available next year too.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:43 pm

Yeah, there aren't too many options near the airport. I opted for Male just to walk around the town for a bit. I know there's not much to see, but at least I can same I've been somewhere other than the resort hotel. I hope the fare is available next year too.
I spent a week on Ukulhas Island. Mostly locals there. Inexpensive,good beaches, good food & fishing.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I hope the fare is available next year too.
The fare is still out there for both MLE or CMB, but it has gone up to about $2800, and runs through late August.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Do anybody know how to book a (public) speedboat from Male in advance?
We will go to Mahibadhoo.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:32 am

My suggestion is to let your hotel make the arrangements. Mine went as far as to get the cell phone of the captain so we knew exactly when to be at pier.
Sorry for the duplicate

Last edited by fish3d; Jun 1, 2018 at 10:34 am Reason: mistake
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
Do anybody know how to book a (public) speedboat from Male in advance?
We will go to Mahibadhoo.
My suggestion is to let your hotel make the arrangements. Mine went as far as to get the cell phone of the captain so we knew exactly when to be at pier.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:43 pm

Thanks.
Our hotel in Mahibadhoo arranged pick-up at our hotel in Male and speedboat tickets for us.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
The fare is still out there for both MLE or CMB, but it has gone up to about $2800, and runs through late August.
Thanks again for the post OP.

Booked at the $2800 rate going ORD-MLE in a few weeks. Good to getaway and leverage Citi Prestige's 4th night free benefit when in MLE.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:48 pm

We will be flying into ORD by AA (terminal 3) then go to terminal 5 to catch CX 807 ORD-HKG flight. We have 3 hours connection time at ORD.
I heard there was a shuttle bus between the two terminals so that we don't need to go through the security again at ORD.

Do we need a boarding pass to get on the shuttle bus or we can just show our itinerary? If we can get our BP online (OLCI), that would be great, but I don't know if we have the option...
Anyway what is the best way to go to terminal 5 from terminal 3 in our case?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:05 pm

Train
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
We will be flying into ORD by AA (terminal 3) then go to terminal 5 to catch CX 807 ORD-HKG flight. We have 3 hours connection time at ORD.
I heard there was a shuttle bus between the two terminals so that we don't need to go through the security again at ORD.

Do we need a boarding pass to get on the shuttle bus or we can just show our itinerary? If we can get our BP online (OLCI), that would be great, but I don't know if we have the option...
Anyway what is the best way to go to terminal 5 from terminal 3 in our case?
I had the same issue but just to be clear I arrived at ORD on a domestic flight. I took the train from 3 to 5 and had to go thru security. The whole process took about me
an hour.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:53 am

I had the same issue but just to be clear I arrived at ORD on a domestic flight. I took the train from 3 to 5 and had to go thru security. The whole process took about me
an hour.
Ok, OK... Yes, our flight is a domestic/international connection at ORD. So it sounds there is no way to get a BP until we visit CX checking counter at Terminal 5 on the day of departure, and we need to go through security again. Is that right?
I thought there was a shuttle bus running in airside between the two terminals to make the connection easier. I hoped that was still going on, but if we need a BP to use the shuttle and there is no way to get the BP in advance, we still have to visit the CX check in counter at terminal 5...

Last edited by MrJBoy; Jul 5, 2018 at 7:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.