Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600

[Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600

Old Apr 21, 18, 7:04 am
  #106  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 4,764
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
ex-US to India round trip in J for this price is decent enough, but flying CX all the way makes this deal very attractive in my opinion

I found this while perusing Cathay's new promos and I was able to price it out on the CX website. Unfortunately Google flights links don't work even though it shows prices around $2500, and some availability, even on CX's website, prices out much higher when everything is selected.

At any rate this price can be found if you search a bit.

Hope this helps
I was able to get J fares in the $2500 - $2600 range for late May from ORD to MAA, HYD, DEL and BOM. I didn't try to book all at the CX site but the DEL and BOM flights I tried seem to book out for the fares I saw on ITA. Great find!! And all on CX metal (at least to MAA, HYD, DEL and BOM)
cheltzel is offline  
Old Apr 30, 18, 6:39 am
  #107  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AUS / GRK
Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Posts: 12,877
In case anyone else is on the fence, the Hilton APAC sale ends today!!! It is 25% off (whatever that means). Yesterday I booked this trip and the Hilton. I definitely want to do a day at the elephant preserve, but otherwise, pretty open for what I'll do there.
Ping me if you'd like more details.

The CX PE deal was rather tempting, and would save some $$$, but that is PE...and this is lie-flat biz.
aztimm is offline  
Old May 31, 18, 11:41 am
  #108  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Connecticut/NY
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
Mrs. Majuki and I opted for the Hotel Jen Mal due to the 8:45 pm arrival time of the Cathay Pacific flight. We're staying at the Conrad for our resort stay, but we didn't want to have a situation where we arrived late and ended up paying the resort price for a hotel in Mal. Booking at least one night in Mal or the Hulhule Island Hotel near the airport allows for a leisurely transfer to your resort the next day.
Originally Posted by ernad View Post
Fantastic fare to the Maldives or Sri Lanka, all in lie-flat. It also appears that some additional destinations in India may be bookable for a similar price with a combo of American / Cathay / Cathay Dragon. For the Male variant, the equipment is 77W ORD - HKG and A333 HKG - MLE and likewise on the returning legs. The Male variant appears to be CX's I fare class and crediting ~48.4k RT to Alaska with no status.

I'm not allowed to include links until I've reached 5 posts, but visit GF and use sample dates 6/4 - 6/13 for ORD - MLE and a price of $2,569.

Enjoy!
THANKS....got back about 2 weeks ago. I hope this fare is available next year. Stayed first night on Hulhume Island, where airport is located so no water taxi required. Stayed at Ocean Grand. Seamless pick-up and good restaurant at hotel , about 120.00 per night

.

Last edited by fish3d; May 31, 18 at 11:46 am Reason: additional info required
fish3d is offline  
Old May 31, 18, 12:34 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SJC
Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Posts: 5,130
Originally Posted by fish3d View Post
Stayed first night on Hulhume Island, where airport is located so no water taxi required. Stayed at Ocean Grand. Seamless pick-up and good restaurant at hotel , about 120.00 per night.
Yeah, there aren't too many options near the airport. I opted for Male just to walk around the town for a bit. I know there's not much to see, but at least I can same I've been somewhere other than the resort hotel. I hope the fare is available next year too.
Majuki is offline  
Old May 31, 18, 1:43 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Connecticut/NY
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
Yeah, there aren't too many options near the airport. I opted for Male just to walk around the town for a bit. I know there's not much to see, but at least I can same I've been somewhere other than the resort hotel. I hope the fare is available next year too.
I spent a week on Ukulhas Island. Mostly locals there. Inexpensive,good beaches, good food & fishing.
fish3d is offline  
Old May 31, 18, 1:52 pm
  #111  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AUS / GRK
Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Posts: 12,877
Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
I hope the fare is available next year too.
The fare is still out there for both MLE or CMB, but it has gone up to about $2800, and runs through late August.
aztimm is offline  
Old Jun 1, 18, 10:27 am
  #112  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: LAX
Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Posts: 1,104
Do anybody know how to book a (public) speedboat from Male in advance?
We will go to Mahibadhoo.
MrJBoy is offline  
Old Jun 1, 18, 10:32 am
  #113  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Connecticut/NY
Posts: 180
My suggestion is to let your hotel make the arrangements. Mine went as far as to get the cell phone of the captain so we knew exactly when to be at pier.
Sorry for the duplicate

Last edited by fish3d; Jun 1, 18 at 10:34 am Reason: mistake
fish3d is offline  
Old Jun 1, 18, 10:33 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Connecticut/NY
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by MrJBoy View Post
Do anybody know how to book a (public) speedboat from Male in advance?
We will go to Mahibadhoo.
My suggestion is to let your hotel make the arrangements. Mine went as far as to get the cell phone of the captain so we knew exactly when to be at pier.
fish3d is offline  
Old Jun 3, 18, 2:43 pm
  #115  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: LAX
Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by fish3d View Post
My suggestion is to let your hotel make the arrangements. Mine went as far as to get the cell phone of the captain so we knew exactly when to be at pier.
Thanks.
Our hotel in Mahibadhoo arranged pick-up at our hotel in Male and speedboat tickets for us.
MrJBoy is offline  
Old Jun 4, 18, 2:34 pm
  #116  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by aztimm View Post
The fare is still out there for both MLE or CMB, but it has gone up to about $2800, and runs through late August.
Thanks again for the post OP.

Booked at the $2800 rate going ORD-MLE in a few weeks. Good to getaway and leverage Citi Prestige's 4th night free benefit when in MLE.
mceagle555 is offline  
Old Jul 4, 18, 5:48 pm
  #117  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: LAX
Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Posts: 1,104
We will be flying into ORD by AA (terminal 3) then go to terminal 5 to catch CX 807 ORD-HKG flight. We have 3 hours connection time at ORD.
I heard there was a shuttle bus between the two terminals so that we don't need to go through the security again at ORD.

Do we need a boarding pass to get on the shuttle bus or we can just show our itinerary? If we can get our BP online (OLCI), that would be great, but I don't know if we have the option...
Anyway what is the best way to go to terminal 5 from terminal 3 in our case?
MrJBoy is offline  
Old Jul 4, 18, 10:05 pm
  #118  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Train
Dallasglobaltraveler is offline  
Old Jul 5, 18, 6:37 am
  #119  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Connecticut/NY
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by MrJBoy View Post
We will be flying into ORD by AA (terminal 3) then go to terminal 5 to catch CX 807 ORD-HKG flight. We have 3 hours connection time at ORD.
I heard there was a shuttle bus between the two terminals so that we don't need to go through the security again at ORD.

Do we need a boarding pass to get on the shuttle bus or we can just show our itinerary? If we can get our BP online (OLCI), that would be great, but I don't know if we have the option...
Anyway what is the best way to go to terminal 5 from terminal 3 in our case?
I had the same issue but just to be clear I arrived at ORD on a domestic flight. I took the train from 3 to 5 and had to go thru security. The whole process took about me
an hour.
fish3d is offline  
Old Jul 5, 18, 6:53 am
  #120  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: LAX
Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by fish3d View Post
I had the same issue but just to be clear I arrived at ORD on a domestic flight. I took the train from 3 to 5 and had to go thru security. The whole process took about me
an hour.
Ok, OK... Yes, our flight is a domestic/international connection at ORD. So it sounds there is no way to get a BP until we visit CX checking counter at Terminal 5 on the day of departure, and we need to go through security again. Is that right?
I thought there was a shuttle bus running in airside between the two terminals to make the connection easier. I hoped that was still going on, but if we need a BP to use the shuttle and there is no way to get the BP in advance, we still have to visit the CX check in counter at terminal 5...

Last edited by MrJBoy; Jul 5, 18 at 7:18 am
MrJBoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread