Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thanks, hoping it lasts for a while. Surely less tiring than ex-JNB. Good for CX status too.

Also, for those of you with MR points this fare also allows upgrades to First class for the ORD flights for 105k roundtrip.
I am also interested in this now that I realized I was completely wrong in thinking I could use AA miles for a CX upgrade. Is the process to create an AsiaMiles account, transfer in the MR points and hope the upgrade waitlist goes through? Any tips are much appreciated.

Also thanks to the OP. I purchased this for a June trip to the Maldives with a multi day stopover in Hong Kong. It will be great to check Maldives off the bucket list.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by jcadmin1
I am also interested in this now that I realized I was completely wrong in thinking I could use AA miles for a CX upgrade. Is the process to create an AsiaMiles account, transfer in the MR points and hope the upgrade waitlist goes through? Any tips are much appreciated.

Also thanks to the OP. I purchased this for a June trip to the Maldives with a multi day stopover in Hong Kong. It will be great to check Maldives off the bucket list.
hope it is safe to go at that time.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Be careful on this one. I am seeing the fare available on GF but when go to book on CX or Orbitz it is gone. Not sure what is up with that but you may see some false positive results initially.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:40 pm

Priceline coming in even cheaper than GF

Looks like there are multiple flight options on Priceline in the low $2,400s.

Amex IAP doesn’t offer any discounts and after their booking fee, makes it worth it to forgo the extra points and just take 3x with the CSR.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Was able to book the whole family via LAX both ways both with stop overs at LAX. Thanks OP
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by Bonaventure

too lazy to check yourself? OP already shared and isn’t your travel agent.
I am, perhaps, not as savvy as an average Flyertalker in scoping out fare conditions. I looked for a few Indian ports in November without seeing the quoted fare and hence my question. No need to get your panties in knots over something so innocuous.

Thanks to other flyer talkers who have added positively to the conversation, I know the travel timelines now. Thanks OP; the missus and I will be vacationing in India and the Maldives this summer.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
i don't see this fare available any longer.

ATL
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Still works, but the days are a bit more limited now. Check sample dates 6/25 - 7/1 on GF.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
There is a 10 day live aboard whale watching trip in the Maldives next month. And I'm going to be on it!! Hot damn. With a stopover in HK so I can have a cocktail in Macao. Thanks OP!
FWIW, I found 3/28-4/11 yesterday (Sunday in the US) for $2776. Would have been $2575 if I returned one day earlier.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
Slightly mean spirited.

Originally Posted by Bonaventure

too lazy to check yourself? OP already shared and isn’t your travel agent.

I am never to lazy to check for myself, but there are people in this community that probably know what "GF" to check means. I personally have N O idea. It could be helpful to remember that if someone is shown how to fish, they can feed themselves for life...I know you are not my travel agent either. I was not too lazy to check "booking engine GF" but could only find Gulf Air, which I have personally never used.

If this is it, great, I will never ask again.

Have a good day.

RSR
tobikosan likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rodsren
I am never to lazy to check for myself, but there are people in this community that probably know what "GF" to check means. I personally have N O idea. It could be helpful to remember that if someone is shown how to fish, they can feed themselves for life...I know you are not my travel agent either. I was not too lazy to check "booking engine GF" but could only find Gulf Air, which I have personally never used.

If this is it, great, I will never ask again.

Have a good day.

RSR
Google Flights
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by torontochinese
hope it is safe to go at that time.
Why wouldn't it be?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Route thru and get off at SFO on the return?

Still a bunch of dates available. I see I can route thru SFO on the return (with CMB-HKG-SFO and SFO-ORD treated as separate segments). This seems ideal as SFO is my home airport.

Any issues if I get off at SFO and don't continue to ORD? I'm going to credit to Alaska (currently MVP and can make MVP Gold with this and other trips). Any chance I don't get full mileage credit? I'd check in for SFO-ORD and just play dumb. "Yeah I was on the flight!"
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Paella747
Why wouldn't it be?
State department warning
It doesn't look particularly worrisome as long as you stay on resorts. I wouldn't wander around Malé anyways - no drinking allowed.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
State department warning
It doesn't look particularly worrisome as long as you stay on resorts. I wouldn't wander around Malé anyways - no drinking allowed.
Haha, this is the same level of warning as they give to... UK!!
UK Travel Advisory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.