Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL plat
I'm in for four! Hope nobody books positioning flights just yet
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:06 pm

Any good positing flights to cairo?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by SomethingFun
Any good positing flights to cairo?
I was just looking at AZ flights from JFK, via FCO for around $856 RT in Y. Cheapest biz from the US is around $2000 in summer, but I didn't try to book.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
Yeah you can already earn Avios, but if they join OW it'll expand. Not a bad way to collect 125% flown Avios...
Great find! Would it be better to credit to Iberia @150% and then transfer to BA? https://www.wheretocredit.com/ig/i
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
It looks like the outbound can be flown up until August 12 and then again starting in December. It also looks like you can get free stuff overs in Malon. If you do a search in the GDS this one comes up smack in the middle of the economy fares, which makes me think somebody fat fingered entering in the fare.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stephem
It looks like the outbound can be flown up until August 12 and then again starting in December. It also looks like you can get free stuff overs in Malon. If you do a search in the GDS this one comes up smack in the middle of the economy fares, which makes me think somebody fat fingered entering in the fare.
What dates in December are you seeing?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
What dates in December are you seeing?
Fare Rules:ORIGINATING MIDDLE EAST - PERMITTED 01JUL THROUGH 13AUG OR 26DEC THROUGH 30DEC FOR EACH TRIP.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stephem
Fare Rules:ORIGINATING MIDDLE EAST - PERMITTED 01JUL THROUGH 13AUG OR 26DEC THROUGH 30DEC FOR EACH TRIP.
Thanks for this. Have you been able to find anything bookable in December though?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Also I read you can only earn RDMs with Avios atm, no status credits
Correct. No tier points so no good if you take up this fare purely to chase OWS/OWE status.

I think Air Italy will eventually join OW. Before JUL though will be massively unlikely.

I also tend to be a little cautious about relying on dates with Qatar especially when it comes to 'launching' things. Have they given a definitive date that will see a QR aircraft on the Milan - JFK route? As good as the fare is i'd be bummed to book it and turn up on the day to see one of Meridiana's 767's at the gate.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by bananahead
Correct. No tier points so no good if you take up this fare purely to chase OWS/OWE status.

I think Air Italy will eventually join OW. Before JUL though will be massively unlikely.

I also tend to be a little cautious about relying on dates with Qatar especially when it comes to 'launching' things. Have they given a definitive date that will see a QR aircraft on the Milan - JFK route? As good as the fare is i'd be bummed to book it and turn up on the day to see one of Meridiana's 767's at the gate.
Definitely fair. My only two cents (and I know Akbar Al Baker loves to be bullish) but when I was in Toulouse... he seemed really hellbent on getting Air Italy the best and fast. He mentioned Dreamliners with doors ASAP in 2019. I think it's a win win where they could launch a successful Euro arm, while sticking it to EY and their Alitalia struggles. I honestly don't think it's an "error" either. I think they like to make a splash, just like the many QR golden tickets, Price is right in line.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by bananahead

Based on past experiences, it usually takes 12-18 months from announcement to entering OW.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:37 pm

Has anyone been able to select seats online? If not, how is the call center?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by daniellovesflying
Has anyone been able to select seats online? If not, how is the call center?
Hehe idk why don't you find out and report back here with your findings?
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Calling the call center is generally the best way to endear you to flyertalk
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:01 pm

Super helpful guys, thanks a lot...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.