Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?

[Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?

Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crombiestone
Hi sorry for the late reply . Just got back yesterday . The flights from CAI-MXP are nothing special . I was the only paying pax in business the rest were crew . A snack only despite a 4 hour flight ! . Cold breakfast going out and some very dry mini pizza with cold meats and fruit on the way back . No IFE .

On the way to JFK the lounge at MXP was the Montale Lounge which was very crowded for most of the time . On the return it was the Pergolesi which was quiet . The food & Drink is the same in both .

The A330 from MXP-JFK is fine.The business cabin was full apart from 1 seat outbound and maybe 3 empty on the return . The plane interiors look very clean . The meals were pretty good on the outbound but a bit overcooked on the way back . Six courses if you want the lot (Appetiser,Pasta,Main,Fruit,Cheese and desert)! The menu is the same for both JFK and MIA .The IFE works OK but there is a fairly limited choice .The seat reclines far enough flat to sleep ok . I didn't find the flight crew to be particularly friendly or engaging but it didn't really bother me .

We took off about 50 minutes late but we landed on time, then sat on the tarmac for 45 minutes waiting for a gate to deplane.We arrived at exactly the same time as an Air France A380 . Luckily we managed to get to immigration first or it could have been a long wait . Oh and despite having a lovely gold priority baggage tag , my bag was the absolute last one off the carousel .

For the return the lounge at JFK it was the Air France lounge but upstairs was for AF pax only ! Food was ingredients to make a salad or sandwich and soup . They had some kind of Champagne but I'm guessing the good stuff was upstairs .

For the price paid I have no complaints at all but at times before the flight the fare reached 2000 . At this price I would have been disappointed.
Did you get the 737MAX from CAI to MXP?

I recently flew MXP-CAI on Air Italy and was supposed to be on a 737MAX but it was changed to an old 737-800 :/
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Did you get the 737MAX from CAI to MXP?

I recently flew MXP-CAI on Air Italy and was supposed to be on a 737MAX but it was changed to an old 737-800 :/
No Both CAI flights were on a beaten old 737-800 . The return flight didn't even have a dividing curtain for business class and crew had to keep sending people back from the front rows .

I do indeed live in Egypt so I had every intention of using the return portion to CAI .

I didn't bother mentioning the Cairo Lounge as other than a coffee and a dry pastry there's nothing to mention . I also do my best to blank out the CAI Terminal 1 experience as its always bloody awful . Harassed by "porters" on the way out and a complete scrum for immigration and customs on the way in as 2 flights arrived at the same time .

There are definitely some elements of the Qatar experience , particularly towards the meal presentation but its not dine on demand and horror of horrors they even used a trolley to deliver the appetisers ;-)

johnnywho likes this.

Last edited by crombiestone; Jul 23, 2018 at 11:09 am Reason: add pics
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
I also enjoyed my flights with IG, particularly the long-haul flights between JFK and MXP.
The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Keep up the good work Air Italy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.