Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
What do you guys think? Can we safely assume that they are going to honor the fare and start making plans?
Old May 7, 2018, 1:52 pm

bump!
Old May 13, 2018, 5:52 pm

I see some pretty cheap premium fares for Air Italy JFK-MXP on the leased A330 from QR. Any idea if thats flat bad or angled flat?
Old May 14, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ILman
I see some pretty cheap premium fares for Air Italy JFK-MXP on the leased A330 from QR. Any idea if thats flat bad or angled flat?
Removed, see below.

Last edited by flyingislove; May 14, 2018 at 9:38 am Reason: Made an error
Old May 14, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepointsguy.com/news/air-italy-reveals-first-pictures-of-a330/amp/

Sorry, actually it's angled.
johnnywho likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:19 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Inaugural flight was today, should be expecting a trip report soon . Who's first to fly among us?

I'm CAI-MXP-JFK / July 19 - JFK-MXP-CAI / July 24
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by hsk
Inaugural flight was today, should be expecting a trip report soon . Who's first to fly among us?

I'm CAI-MXP-JFK / July 19 - JFK-MXP-CAI / July 24
July 9 - July 16 for me
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:57 pm

For those with upcoming flights here is a review of the Inaugural JFK-MXP flight

https://airwaysmag.com/special-fligh...gural-jfk-mxp/

Shame he didn't take one for the team and review the whole meal service(s) but I have to say that I like what I see
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:16 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by crombiestone
July 9 - July 16 for me
Welcome back! How was the flight?

+ alerted mods to move this to discussion
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by hsk
Welcome back! How was the flight?

+ alerted mods to move this to discussion
Hi sorry for the late reply . Just got back yesterday . The flights from CAI-MXP are nothing special . I was the only paying pax in business the rest were crew . A snack only despite a 4 hour flight ! . Cold breakfast going out and some very dry mini pizza with cold meats and fruit on the way back . No IFE .

On the way to JFK the lounge at MXP was the Montale Lounge which was very crowded for most of the time . On the return it was the Pergolesi which was quiet . The food & Drink is the same in both .

The A330 from MXP-JFK is fine.The business cabin was full apart from 1 seat outbound and maybe 3 empty on the return . The plane interiors look very clean . The meals were pretty good on the outbound but a bit overcooked on the way back . Six courses if you want the lot (Appetiser,Pasta,Main,Fruit,Cheese and desert)! The menu is the same for both JFK and MIA .The IFE works OK but there is a fairly limited choice .The seat reclines far enough flat to sleep ok . I didn't find the flight crew to be particularly friendly or engaging but it didn't really bother me .

We took off about 50 minutes late but we landed on time, then sat on the tarmac for 45 minutes waiting for a gate to deplane.We arrived at exactly the same time as an Air France A380 . Luckily we managed to get to immigration first or it could have been a long wait . Oh and despite having a lovely gold priority baggage tag , my bag was the absolute last one off the carousel .

For the return the lounge at JFK it was the Air France lounge but upstairs was for AF pax only ! Food was ingredients to make a salad or sandwich and soup . They had some kind of Champagne but I'm guessing the good stuff was upstairs .

For the price paid I have no complaints at all but at times before the flight the fare reached Ł2000 . At this price I would have been disappointed.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:07 am

Is there anybody else out there who already did that trip?

Since there is such a long layover in Malpensa do you think it would be ok to not fly the last leg?
Would I be able to get my checked bag in MXP?

Arrival from JFK at 10:35am and the last leg to CAI is not scheduled until11:30pm!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:12 am

@ crombiestone
Thanks for your report. I guess it would be better to keep my expectations low and not expect any Quatar-like experience.

Since your location says El Gouna I believe you really wanted to fly back all the way to CAI, right?

I am still toying with the idea of throwing away the last segment.
Since I can't really spend any time in Cairo it would be pretty useless and just a waste of time and money to go there on the way back. Flights back to MUC are way more expensive from CAI and I would probably have to pay twice for a visa etc.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by johnnywho
Is there anybody else out there who already did that trip?

Since there is such a long layover in Malpensa do you think it would be ok to not fly the last leg?
Would I be able to get my checked bag in MXP?

Arrival from JFK at 10:35am and the last leg to CAI is not scheduled until11:30pm!

i am still in nyc with this Trip. Same experience as crombiestone, but i got a Voucher for the Lounge in Cai.
The flight from mxp to Jfk was on time and Food and meals were really good.
the aperol spritz was exzellent.
And the champagne was Chilled.

the Crew also did a good Job.

I will also not go back to Cairo.
but I have no checked Baggage because of that.

johnnywho likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Ramgad
i am still in nyc with this Trip. Same experience as crombiestone, but i got a Voucher for the Lounge in Cai.

Which lounge did you get into in CAI?

Originally Posted by Ramgad
I will also not go back to Cairo.
but I have no checked Baggage because of that.
That's probably easiest. They should be generous with hand luggage in Business anyway.

Enjoy the rest of your time in NYC!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:12 am

I dont know the Name of the lounge. But i think there was only one.
was nothing Special.but quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.