Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?

[Premium Fare Gone]: Meridiana $599 RT CAI-JFK W/ Qatar Aircraft?

Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by daniellovesflying
Has anyone been able to select seats online? If not, how is the call center?
Yes I could through Manage Booking on the Air Italy site but only for the MXP-JFK-MXP sectors.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
Cairo to JFK via MXP at $599 round trip - bookable in J. The flights show Airbus A330 aircraft, presumably from Qatar and definitely offering lie flat seats...
Glad to see theyre not thinking of using QR metal on the CAI MXP CAI sectors - that would provoke an interesting incident!
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:50 am

Fare gone?
GF still shows in monthly overview but once you select return flight price jumps to > $ 4'500
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Was anybody able to log in on Air Italy's website? (The name Meridiana is no longer being used.)
I booked through Expedia and everything looks ok on their website, but I can't log in on Air Italy's site.

Last edited by johnnywho; Mar 6, 2018 at 4:11 am
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by skunker
Based on past experiences, it usually takes 12-18 months from announcement to entering OW.
How's that 12-18 month timeframe working on Aer Lingus ...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
How's that 12-18 month timeframe working on Aer Lingus ...
Did oneworld ever announce Aer Lingus was joining? Lots of speculation from FT and blogs but no official announcement as far as I can tell, quite the opposite actually: https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...rld/865526001/

The last airline to join oneworld, UL, took just over 2 years from official announcement by oneworld until they joined.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by johnnywho
Was anybody able to log in on Air Italy's website? (The name Meridiana is no longer being used.)
I booked through Expedia and everything looks ok on their website, but I can't log in on Air Italy's site.
Yes I could manage my booking through the Air Italy site .
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:49 am

Did anyone have their tickets cancelled by the airline?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:27 am

I wasnt able to find a way to select my seats online. Anyone else have any luck? My reservations havent been cancelled so far...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Did anyone have their tickets cancelled by the airline?
Nothing canceled yet, but I can't access my flights and only two out of four segments show up on checkmytrip, and even these two are not correct.

Would it be ok to call Expedia now or would that do some harm?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:31 am

I just tried again on the Italian version of their website using my ticket number and voil - all my flights seem to be there!
How long would you guys wait before booking the feeder flights to/from CAI?
godsavethepoints likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:48 am

I just tried again on the Italian version of their website using my ticket number and voil - all my flights seem to be there!
How long would you guys wait before booking the feeder flights to/from CAI?
I'd wait a few days at least so to see it hasn't Bern cancelled ALSO it would be comforting to read reports that others have travelled successfully on this fare
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I'd wait a few days at least so to see it hasn't Bern cancelled ALSO it would be comforting to read reports that others have travelled successfully on this fare
thanks for your input, however, I am not sure I understand exactly what you mean.
What is "Bern cancelled"?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
thanks for your input, however, I am not sure I understand exactly what you mean.
​​​​​​
I would suggest that Bern is a typo for been. After all the e and r are next to each other on many keyboards.
johnnywho likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:37 pm

typo...I meant "been".
Good luck and please report back when you've hopefully flown .It's always interesting to know when error fares have been respected.
johnnywho likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.