Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

BA / OW mileage run needed for EC Tier Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Hi all, frequent reader, not-so-frequent poster here (but changing that). I'm looking to finally achieve BA Exec Gold for the first time - last collection year I hit a little under 1000 tier points and while I'm pretty much certain to hit Silver again by the date it rolls over in August, I'm now based in the US so would love to do some mileage runs to try and achieve Gold for all the additional benefits it brings. Given that you can get 40 tier points for an AA first class domestic flight, it's going to be a lot of flying to achieve it but would allow me to check out more of the States!

Some info:

Departure Airport(s): Preferably SFO. (OAK also acceptable - not averse to a cheap flight to somewhere to position for a mileage run).
Tier points needed: 985
Max Budget: as low as possible as will need multiple trips
Available Travel Dates: mostly weekends but somewhat flexible
Collection ends: August 8, 2018
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: any airline that I can collect tier points on
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no

Any help would be great thanks! Is it even feasible to attempt this? I sometimes upgrade to CW at the airport when it's a cheap rate as you get full tier points and avios on long haul and I have 2 long haul flights coming up during this collection period. There is also the potential for 2-3 other long haul OW trips this year (probably E or PE) which will add to the coffers but I'd rather not rely on them!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
SFO-MIA-PTY (rt) on AA in J costs $1,269 and will get you 360 TP.

SFO-MIA-LIM (rt) on AA in J costs $1,791 and will get you 560 TP.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much! Both of these are pretty damn awesome and I could book a couple of holidays to South America in the process (the continent has been on my bucket list forever!)
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Have a look at this thread in the BA forum
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread

Check out this amazing example itinerary from @rossmacd

Originally Posted by rossmacd
The best £/TP ratio in the US that I am aware of is LAX-PTY and return, taking in 16 sectors (over approx 4 days) and earning 840 TPs for ~£781 (£0.92/TP).

Something like this:
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Have a look at this thread in the BA forum
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread

Check out this amazing example itinerary from @rossmacd
Thank you so much!
WickedStepMother likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.