Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[NOT BOOKABLE] UX: UIO-BCN biz eco mixed, USD 1,028 rt?

Old Feb 18, 18, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold, HU Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Best Western Plat Diamond

A few Sat. departures showing up on Google Flights for Apr. and May. All dates seem to return UIO-LIM-MAD-BCN-MAD-LIM-UIO routing, UIO-LIM legs both way economy with TAME, the rest is business with UX. Google Flights tells me to click the button to get directed to book with FlightNetwork, although the prices jump more than 10x. I think that's because FN (and almost all OTAs) doesn't allow to book mixed cabins. Kayak allows me to search for different cabins each leg, but couldn't produce this itinerary.

Matrix ITA shows the fare, although with less dates available than Google Flights. I was going to call FlightNetwork to book over the phone, but Matrix ITA no longer shows this fare for the date I want (although it still shows up on Google Flights), so I'm hesitant to call.

Any ideas how to book this?
Fare details from Matrix:
Fare for 1 adult
Fare 1: Carrier UX ZLRTEC UIO to BCN (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code Q, ICovers UIO-LIM (Economy), LIM-MAD (Business), MAD-BCN (Business)$240.00
Fare 2: Carrier UX ZLRTEC BCN to UIO (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I, QCovers BCN-MAD (Business), MAD-LIM (Business), LIM-UIO (Economy)$240.00
Ecuador Government Transportation Tax (EC)$91.20Spain Security Tax (QV)$10.70Spain Aviation Safety And Security Fee (OG)$2.30Spain Departure Charge (JD)$50.30Ecuador Security Fee (WT)$3.00Ecuador Airport Tax (QB)$55.57Ecuador Airport Auxiliary Facilities Tax (QI)$5.00UX YQ surcharge (YQ)$280.00Ecuador Tourism Fee International (ED)$50.00Subtotal per passenger$1,028.07Number of passengersx1
Subtotal For 1 adult$1,028.07
  • This ticket is non-refundable.
  • Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Fare Construction (can be useful to travel agents)
UIO EQ X/LIM UX X/MAD UX BCN M 185.00ZLRTEC UX X/MAD UX X/LIM EQ UIO M 185.00ZLRTEC D LIMBCN 55.00 D LIMBCN 55.00 NUC 480.00 END ROE 1.00 XT 91.20EC 50.00ED 55.57QB 5.00QI 3.00WT 50.30JD 2.30OG 10.70QV 280.00YQ
Total Airfare & Taxes$1,028.07
Old Feb 18, 18, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc View Post
A few Sat. departures showing up on Google Flights for Apr. and May. All dates seem to return UIO-LIM-MAD-BCN-MAD-LIM-UIO routing, UIO-LIM legs both way economy with TAME, the rest is business with UX. Google Flights tells me to click the button to get directed to book with FlightNetwork, although the prices jump more than 10x. I think that's because FN (and almost all OTAs) doesn't allow to book mixed cabins. Kayak allows me to search for different cabins each leg, but couldn't produce this itinerary.

Matrix ITA shows the fare, although with less dates available than Google Flights. I was going to call FlightNetwork to book over the phone, but Matrix ITA no longer shows this fare for the date I want (although it still shows up on Google Flights), so I'm hesitant to call.

Any ideas how to book this?
Fare details from Matrix:
Fare for 1 adult
Fare 1: Carrier UX ZLRTEC UIO to BCN (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code Q, ICovers UIO-LIM (Economy), LIM-MAD (Business), MAD-BCN (Business)$240.00
Fare 2: Carrier UX ZLRTEC BCN to UIO (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I, QCovers BCN-MAD (Business), MAD-LIM (Business), LIM-UIO (Economy)$240.00
Ecuador Government Transportation Tax (EC)$91.20Spain Security Tax (QV)$10.70Spain Aviation Safety And Security Fee (OG)$2.30Spain Departure Charge (JD)$50.30Ecuador Security Fee (WT)$3.00Ecuador Airport Tax (QB)$55.57Ecuador Airport Auxiliary Facilities Tax (QI)$5.00UX YQ surcharge (YQ)$280.00Ecuador Tourism Fee International (ED)$50.00Subtotal per passenger$1,028.07Number of passengersx1
Subtotal For 1 adult$1,028.07
  • This ticket is non-refundable.
  • Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Fare Construction (can be useful to travel agents)
UIO EQ X/LIM UX X/MAD UX BCN M 185.00ZLRTEC UX X/MAD UX X/LIM EQ UIO M 185.00ZLRTEC D LIMBCN 55.00 D LIMBCN 55.00 NUC 480.00 END ROE 1.00 XT 91.20EC 50.00ED 55.57QB 5.00QI 3.00WT 50.30JD 2.30OG 10.70QV 280.00YQ
Total Airfare & Taxes$1,028.07
I'm almost 100% percent certain this can be booked if you can pull it up on matrix. Do you mind sending me the flight page on matrix, so I can try to help you? I can't even pull this fare up.
Old Feb 18, 18, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold, HU Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Best Western Plat Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA_DLflyer View Post
I'm almost 100% percent certain this can be booked if you can pull it up on matrix. Do you mind sending me the flight page on matrix, so I can try to help you? I can't even pull this fare up.
LOL, somebody already put 'not bookable on the title.

On calendar view, I sometimes don't see the fare anymore, but when I choose certain dates, the fare shows up:
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...-04-07;stay=11
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...LN29SUY1Ks300a

The date pair that I found on Google Flights and want to book is 4/14-20.

Last edited by maverikbc; Feb 18, 18 at 6:49 pm
Old Feb 18, 18, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc View Post
LOL, somebody already put 'not bookable on the title.

On calendar view, I sometimes don't see the fare anymore, but when I choose certain dates, the fare shows up:
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...-04-07;stay=11
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...LN29SUY1Ks300a

The date pair that I found on Google Flights and want to book is 4/14-20.
It seems that the fare is there, but no OTAs can price it out. I recommend calling a travel agent to book it for you.

Search this Thread