Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

How do I craft an ex SIN to NYC (or the east US) in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold

More specifically I am looking for a MR ex SIN-NYC in J in late April (26th is the best date but flexible by a few days) that will earn me good AA miles and is not completely expensive. I have been trying to glean ways, and have spent many hours learning from threads I read on Flyertalk but I realize my time is getting limited and good airfares are getting sparse. My reasoning is that a few years ago I had repositioned myself and used the great ex HKG flights opportunities found on FT. My last one ends in SIN so I figured a stay a few days and then do a "Mileage Run", from SIN to maximize EQM and bank some EQD's enroute back to NYC. As an aside I barely made EXP this year and only because I paid up. It was one of my own bucket list moments and I know it was not the most logical move to make but I thought just once. So lounge viewing would be an extra added bonus I have been combing the info on Flyertalk, I dream an incredible opportunity comes up that gives me cheap and cheerful and some amazing connections/layovers in the Middle East to explore enroute home but I am also willing to just get home as basically as possible. Any suggestions on ways to find ex HKG or SIN (or reposition in Asia) flights are appreciated.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
You are asking for a travel agent. The specific dates and city pairs implies that the destination and dates are more important than the miles. If you need a mileage run, then it is good to be flexible in the destination, dates, and even departure location.
singapore and New York are expensive markets, so you shouldn’t expect to find any “MR ex SIN-NYC in J in late April that will earn me good AA miles and is not completely expensive.”
You should think of flying from Kathmandu/Colombo on Qatar, or from Jakarta to Boston on JAL. they are cheaper than other city pairs ongoigle flights.
trooper likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:20 pm

I suspect you are looking at this backwards.... MR's..at least cheap ones in J...are things that occur from certain ports to certain destos on certain dates...NOT something that can be "crafted" between any two points on any given date...

Looking for a ONE way (?) fare doesn't help .....

Second the KTM/CMB suggestion....(USD$2085 on 26 April KTM-DOH-NYC on QR)
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:45 am

I suggest you look into this thread - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...ovember-2.html

It's still available in some form. I pulled a sample booking and it's showing ~$1,800 for outbound in April and return in December. Although, you also need to spend extra on your positioning flight to CMB. However, the great thing about this is it would be a cheap starting point on your next mileage run when you return to CMB.

Since you will be in SIN, perhaps you can fly out of KUL to CMB. The cheapest I can find on this route is $280 o/w biz on MH or fly in Y which would be even cheaper.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Thanks people - I am on it. Much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.