Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by andrees71
Hi, I booked 3 flights from BUF-AKL. Our tickets are still showing on United. I have ticket numbers for Air New Zealand as well. Does anyone know how to check on Air New Zealand? I only have a United confirmation number. I searched through Momondo and booked with eDreams.com.

Thanks
If you're on UA.com and go to the Manage Reservation screen you'll get this. Simply click on on View Additional Confirmation Numbers and you'll get the NZ confirmation. Check the screenshot to help you if need be.
andrees71 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by kodawg9
Air New Zealand is notorious for cancelling these mistake fares. I got hit badly with the biz error fare in Sept 2017 where I positioned all the way in Australia to fly the Syd - LAX RT flight only for them to cancel my itinerary after I landed in Sydney from the US to position. I don't even bother w/ANZ mistake fares anymore but good luck to everyone who still has outstanding tickets.
Thats nightmare. Did ANZ refund you for the positioning flight ?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:18 am

uh oh, today I can't find my reservations on either United or New Zealand's websites.....
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by yuel

why you being a negative nelly? Seams the only cancelation is with the cheapfaremart site
Unfortunately not. Read back through the thread, and there are cancellations from Expedia, Smartfares, and Hopper as well. Seems like it's only a matter of time before they're all canceled. Hopefully not, and a few get to take advantage of this amazing deal.
ldubin likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:26 am

United Confirmation Number XXXXX

! Your itinerary cannot be retrieved because it has been canceled. You may use the remaining value of your ticket toward a new flight by selecting the "Change Flight" link below. A change fee may apply.

This itinerary will be located in your Inactive tab when you view this itinerary again.
This reservation has been cancelled.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by katstarr

! Your itinerary cannot be retrieved because it has been canceled. You may use the remaining value of your ticket toward a new flight by selecting the "Change Flight" link below. A change fee may apply.

This itinerary will be located in your Inactive tab when you view this itinerary again.
That's what I saw last night. Received a call from the OTA about 30 minutes later.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, MP, DL
Originally Posted by katstarr

BOOOOO...BOOOO I say...mine still there but again...I hold less and less hope each day...How like life :-p
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Do you have the 086 ticket numbers (these are the ones issued by NZ)? You'll need the NZ issued PNR for the flights to be able to view them via the NZ website (You should be able to get them from the OTA you booked with) NZ issues PNR's will always end with an H.
Yes I have the 086 ticket numbers. I'll check with the OTA thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Curious on this, is NZ mandated to cancel tickets by a particular time period after booking if they don't intend to honor them?
ldubin likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CGNC
Curious on this, is NZ mandated to cancel tickets by a particular time period after booking if they don't intend to honor them?
Based on past experience with carriers in that area of the world...no... I believe VA took 7 days to officially say no. My experience with US based carriers has been they say within 24-48 hours...but YMMV
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by ldubin
Based on past experience with carriers in that area of the world...no... I believe VA took 7 days to officially say no. My experience with US based carriers has been they say within 24-48 hours...but YMMV
Seems that the DOT regulation re: error fares should address this. Give them 48 hrs to figure it out and cancel. Its poor form to know they can take the ticket from right underneath you whenever they so please.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CGNC
Seems that the DOT regulation re: error fares should address this. Give them 48 hrs to figure it out and cancel. Its poor form to know they can take the ticket from right underneath you whenever they so please.
You'd think that but post that AA China biz class not so much https://thepointsguy.com/2016/01/dot...mistake-fares/
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ldubin
You'd think that but post that AA China biz class not so much https://thepointsguy.com/2016/01/dot...mistake-fares/
Did DOT ever issue a final ruling? I've nt seen one (but I may have missed it).
ldubin likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:21 am

No cancellation yet for me but now I'm unable to pull up the booking on ANZ site.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:42 am
zow

Originally Posted by Doctorslices
No cancellation yet for me but now I'm unable to pull up the booking on ANZ site.
How did you purchase your ticket?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.