Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:17 am

It's been a week, does anyone still have an active booking ?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:36 am

Sorry for Your Loss...

Originally Posted by mkannuri
Saw this thread late and booked my hotels and car rental as my travel dates are with in 2 weeks. Got the email from Expedia that my NZ leg was cancelled. After 3 hours of discussion, they ended up cancelled my entire tickets and was advised to call back the airline directly incase of any cancellation penalties of car rentals.
Now I am back to square and totally disappointed that my dream trip got shattered and have to start searching again some where warm as Canadian cold is killing this season.

Btw..i did complained using the link (DoT), I highly doubt anything happens...
If this is any consolation, UA and AC are running some deals to Hawaii for next month:

UA YYZ -> HNL for $521 CAD:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...-IAHYYZ1UA6282

YUL -> OGG for $565 CAD:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...1-YVRYUL1AC302

Hope that helps.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Thanks James,Been there already (hawai) and don't feel like going again that too its expensive place.
I would probably go to cuba for budget gateway and save money for next trip and wait for other deals..Does this site posts any deals to Cuba? as I see every site has same prices and hardly see any deals despite flexible dates thought Feb/March..
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:22 pm

Thanks James,Been there already (hawai) and don't feel like going again that too its expensive place.
I would probably go to cuba for budget gateway and save money for next trip and wait for other deals..Does this site posts any deals to Cuba? as I see every site has same prices and hardly see any deals despite flexible dates thought Feb/March..
Couple more ideas (assuming you're based out of YYZ):

San Diego on AC/UA for $340 CAD:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...0-SFOYYZ0AC756

Hotels tend to be pretty cheap there + good weather.

Orlando on AA for $$305 CAD:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...-DCAYYZ0AA4324

Hotel has some of the cheapest hotels in the USA.

Could also go to Hawaii's 7th Island (Las Vegas) for $374 CAD on AA:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...-CLTYYZ1AA5360

Hotels there (especially in downtown) can be easily had for $50-$60/night.

Would probably recommend SAN since weather will be really nice and there's a lot to see and do there.

Safe Travels,
James
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-1K, EXEC-PLAT
Originally Posted by arcticgrin
It's been a week, does anyone still have an active booking ?
yes mine is still active on both sides , OTA's and UA ( NZ ) ..waiting already for an e-Mail ....but as of today everything looks fine ,,,
arcticgrin likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, MP, DL
They still have my money does that count :-p
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyer777lr
yes mine is still active on both sides , OTA's and UA ( NZ ) ..waiting already for an e-Mail ....but as of today everything looks fine ,,,
Who did you book with?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA
All tickets were cancelled.

You're almost certainly deluding yourself. UA does NOT equal Air NZ. Try using your Air NZ PNR and see if you're able to see your reservation.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: AA
“This responds to your communication regarding Air New Zealand. The U.S. Department of Transportation seeks to ensure that all airline passengers are treated fairly. Complaints from consumers are helpful to us in determining whether the airlines are in compliance with our rules and to track trends or spot areas of concern that warrant further action.

I will forward your complaint to the airline and ask the company to respond directly to you with a copy to us. Airlines are required to acknowledge receipt of a consumer complaint within 30 days and provide a substantive response to the complainant within 60 days. I will review the airline’s response.

If my review of your complaint and the response from the company discloses a potential violation of our rules, our office may pursue enforcement action. Generally, our office pursues enforcement action on the basis of a number of complaints which may indicate a pattern or practice of violating our rules. Your complaint may be among those considered and may lead to appropriate enforcement action including the assessment of civil penalties. However, our office has no authority to order compensation for individual complainants.

I have entered your complaint in our computerized industry monitoring system, and it will be counted among the number of complaints filed against this airline in our monthly Air Travel Consumer Report. This report allows consumers and air travel companies to compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators. The data in this report also serve as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research. Consumer information for air travelers, including the Air Travel Consumer Report and our pamphlet Fly-Rights, a Consumer’s Guide to Air Travel, can be found on our website: transportation /airconsumer.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

XXX
Aviation Consumer Protection Division
Office of Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings”
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by brillantesg
Who did you book with?
Hotwire
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:49 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Golden Puppy
You're almost certainly deluding yourself. UA does NOT equal Air NZ. Try using your Air NZ PNR and see if you're able to see your reservation.
well at least the UA & NZ Segments are showing in both systems status HK / seats are still confirmed and reserved
...so i guess it means they are good as of now
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
well at least the UA & NZ Segments are showing in both systems status HK / seats are still confirmed and reserved
...so i guess it means they are good as of now
congratulation then...so far most of us got cancellation emails and refunds were processed as well.
Try and change the seats in NZ segment..if that allows then you are super good.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
congratulation then...so far most of us got cancellation emails and refunds were processed as well.
Try and change the seats in NZ segment..if that allows then you are super good.
My UA reservation is still showing as active. My reservation has disappeared from AirNZ site.

I have not had an email notifying me of the cancellation from either AMEX or AirNZ, nor have I had a refund processed to my AMEX Platinum card. The card was charged for the fare (went from pending to charged).

My flight date was Feb 13th. I am currently in Asia, but when I get home I am going to call AMEX again to escalate.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Clincher

Seems I remember AMEX was ready and willing to fight and help customers when airlines canceled ticketed travel.
No longer, it appears!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:35 pm

Just out of curiosity what would happen if you book this ticket for say a two week stay, then book your standard non refundable hotel. Per DoT regulations If they want to cancel they must refund both the mistake fare and accommodation made in reliance. I suspect a 2 weeks stay in NZ will cost as much if not more than the fare difference.

wouldnt it therefore make sense for them to just honor the fare?

Safe travels,

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.