Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Per the mods, the Mileage Run Deals forum is only for posting/discussing active deals. If you were looking for the previous mega-thread including suggestions on things to do in Singapore etc. and peripheral stuff related to the SIN MR but not directly having to do with fares or booking it, that thread can still be found in the Mileage Run Discussion forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1427486-fare-gone-dl-sfo-atl-jfk-nrt-sin-1-232-30-ai-rt-25-318-mi-4-9-cpm.html

In addition, discussions about DL and SkyMiles including recent program changes can be found in the Delta forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/

Questions/advice about Singapore as a destination can be found in the Singapore forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by BeatBoy04
Hey looking for help with MR. Currently Gold with MQDs completed. Need approx 20,000MQM to Platinum and not planning additional flights this year.
Easiest way is going to use a positioning flight to get in on one of the SIN routes. Csfing1 does a great job of staying on top of dates/prices in this thread.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I know there was some talk of LAX to SIN on this thread. I saw prices of $510 LAX (v class)-PVG (v class)-SIN (b class) -PVG (v class) -LAX on MU.

According to my calculations, this works our to approximately 18K MQMs, 9K RDM miles, plus medallion bonus. It's about 2.9cpm. Medallion Mileage Bonus is based on Base Miles earned: Diamond - 120%; Platinum - 80%; Gold - 60%; Silver - 40%

Both connections, however, include at least a 5 hour layover in PVG. Many dates in 2019 available in Feb, Mar, and April (didn't check after that).
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
If anyone needs 20,000 MQM you can do ATL NRT SIN NRT DTW ATL Nov 5-8 for $796,43, there is 1 ticket left at that price will give 20,356 MQM. The price was $40 less an hour ago. If you need it better do it before the price goes higher. Get your flu shot. Happy Travels!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Csfing1
If anyone needs 20,000 MQM you can do ATL NRT SIN NRT DTW ATL Nov 5-8 for $796,43, there is 1 ticket left at that price will give 20,356 MQM. The price was $40 less an hour ago. If you need it better do it before the price goes higher. Get your flu shot. Happy Travels!
That's a surprisingly cheap flight out of ATL.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Prices same this morning but only a 2 seats left

From DTW there are 2 left for $746.63 Nov 5-8. Trying other dates prices higher.
Nov 5-9, 6-9 $796.63 from DTW $846.63 from ATL. Happy Travels - if you need MQM just do it! Get your Flu shot! Blessings!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Positioning flight

Starting today SMF SEA NRT SIN. Got a great price 40,000 SM and $90. The lowest I have ever seen. Still have some dates in Nov Dec for 60,000 but not as good as 40,000. If anyone flying to SIN today let us know an we can meet at SC in NRT. Happy Travels and get your Flu shot, the life you save could be yours!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Csfing1
Starting today SMF SEA NRT SIN. Got a great price 40,000 SM and $90. The lowest I have ever seen. Still have some dates in Nov Dec for 60,000 but not as good as 40,000. If anyone flying to SIN today let us know an we can meet at SC in NRT. Happy Travels and get your Flu shot, the life you save could be yours!
i will be flying to SIN 5-8 from Atl
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Meet Thr Nov 8

Hopefully we can meet in SIN or NRT and possibly on plane if not before. We are in C+ 17 CD on 167 SIN NRT Thr Nov 8. We may be meeting another MRer on Wed for an early dinner. If you are interested in joining us send me a PM with contact info WhatsAp and or email. Looking forward to meeting. Currently in NRT waiting for 166 NRT SIN. Happy Travels!

Last edited by Csfing1; Nov 1, 2018 at 5:31 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:49 am
Original Poster

MR MQD run half completed.

You can actually do it without staying overnight if know where to go and what to do. You will need a Tourist Visa on arrival for $40 as you will have to exit immigration and customs and go out of arrival area and walk 3 min to check in area. The airport is 1-2 hrs from Columbo depending on traffic. Staying at a modest guest house which charges $40 with breakfast and an extra $20 for late checkout. Happy Travels
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Run completed

My wife is not interested in returning to Sri Lanka, alas no sense of adventure. It was a comedown to C+ for our positioning flights SIN NRT SEA LAX SMF. Checkedbags made it without any problem with notices along the way that they had been loaded. One nice touch was that one of the staff came by to welcome us as DM and 2 and 1 MM. No have to wait for MQD and MQM yo post. 1/4 already posted but may have work for rest but have carefully saved boarding passes. Will wait a few more days. No more flying until 11/28 and last trip to SIN for work there and Malaysia. Multiple trips there helps fulfill MQM easily but it is certainly more comfortable on MU in J. Happy Travels to all and please get your Flu shot.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond
At the last minute due to some unforeseen business travel, I have made Silver (DTW-LHR-DTW, DTW-LAX-GDL-MEX-DTW, DTW-SEA-DTW a few times each).
As my work travel seems to be ramping up, I am now looking into this MR to possibly bump up to Gold and as a possibly uncomfortable Christmas gift to myself.
I have found the following dates and prices so far, out of DTW. I am limited to travel the week of Dec 3-8 and Dec 17-22. I was only able to find <$1k prices for the week of Dec 3-8.

$955 Dep Mon Dec 3rd DTW-NRT-SIN, Return Fri Dec 7 SIN-NRT-DTW
$905 Dep Mon Dec 3rd DTW-NRT-SIN, Return Thur Dec 6 SIN-NRT-DTW

It appears that I need to fill out this form to obtain a travel visa, to be able to leave the airport. But I am not sure it is worth it for less than 24 hours or just over 24 hours. Although not as fun, would it make sense just to stay in the airport? Is that even an option or would I need to pass through Border / Customs? I would only be taking a carry on if that matters. Thank you in advance for any pointers. And thank you to Csfing1 for all the updates and great information on this MR.

Edited to add: found out there is a transit hotel at SIN, but some folks recommended getting out of the airport to maximize the experience.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Nov 13, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:27 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by infinityplusone
It appears that I need to fill out this form to obtain a travel visa, to be able to leave the airport.
What is your citizenship?

But I am not sure it is worth it for less than 24 hours or just over 24 hours. Although not as fun, would it make sense just to stay in the airport? Is that even an option or would I need to pass through Border / Customs?
You can remain in the secure area, which is feasible if you are doing the ~6 hour turn or however much it is these days (I haven't looked in a while ) but if it's longer than that, it would be a shame to go that far and not visit Singapore

The wiki in the previous version of this thread has a bunch of collected wisdom (although some of it may be a bit dated at this point)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1427486
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
What is your citizenship?

United States

You can remain in the secure area, which is feasible if you are doing the ~6 hour turn or however much it is these days (I haven't looked in a while ) but if it's longer than that, it would be a shame to go that far and not visit Singapore

I agree!

The wiki in the previous version of this thread has a bunch of collected wisdom (although some of it may be a bit dated at this point)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1427486
Thank you for sharing that.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
United States
US citizens don't need a visa for Singapore visits under 90 days.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...Singapore.html

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/o...uirements.html

US Passport Holders (regular, official and diplomatic) do not require a visa to enter Singapore for business or for social visit purposes. They must, however, meet the entry requirements as mentioned above.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Visiting SIN

Definitely worth visiting and Zorak is right as usual. No visa for US citizens for as long as you will be there. Leave airport and explore lots of interesting things to see and experience. Can’t say the same for Sri Lanka my wife is not interested in a return visit and I agree. Can do an out and back without staying over night but you can’t waste time. Have a good trip we will be in area from Nov 30-Dec 12. Happy Travels!
Get your Flu shot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.