Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Per the mods, the Mileage Run Deals forum is only for posting/discussing active deals. If you were looking for the previous mega-thread including suggestions on things to do in Singapore etc. and peripheral stuff related to the SIN MR but not directly having to do with fares or booking it, that thread can still be found in the Mileage Run Discussion forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1427486-fare-gone-dl-sfo-atl-jfk-nrt-sin-1-232-30-ai-rt-25-318-mi-4-9-cpm.html

In addition, discussions about DL and SkyMiles including recent program changes can be found in the Delta forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/

Questions/advice about Singapore as a destination can be found in the Singapore forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
West coast start

It is difficult to get a Start in LAX or SFO that goes thru ATL JFK DTW at a reasonable price from cpm perspective and that is the reason for starting at IAH or ORD. You can always try FLL MIA MCO or other airports if they are more convenient but try to keep an eye on your overall cost. It has been a long time since I have been able to do a multicity with DL.com and get any reasonable prices from LAX or SFO.
Blessings & Happy Travels!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Smile Prices Jan 25 IAH SIN

IAH SIN still best fare but not as good as a few weeks ago. Mult dates but usually best M - W and about 4 cpm with 21,668-21,734 MQM. Best price is $858.51 for Apr 16-18, Sep 3-5, 10-12, 17-19, 24-26, Oct 15-17, 22-24, Nov 5-7, Dec 3-5. Tried JFK ORD FLL SFO LAX and all of these were higher and other dates higher as well. Just have to keep checking and watching.

Get your Flu shots. Bad Flu season, Don't get sick! Happy Travels. Please post lower fares if you find them and all questions and comments welcomed. Happy Travels and Blessings to all. Keep reading and posting. Next trip is Mar SMF LAX AMS DEL ATQ and Mar 21-30 - work - mission trip - ophthalmology - corneal surgery and transplants and health education - Lifestyle Management and Reversal of Diabetes. Have a great week and stay well!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Timeout for the Olympics

Haven’t forgotten all the readers but when checking fares the best have only been in the $900 range and those aren’t till Sept with a few closer to $790 but that is in Basic economy and there is no chance for UG and you can’t pick your seat not a way to do that long flight. If any of you see any decent prices please post. Please get your flu shot if you haven’t. Too many unnecessary deaths and I don’t want it to be any of our readers. Have a great weekend and keep your comments and questions coming! 🙂🙂🙂 Blessings to all!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:18 pm

Having done several of these over last few years. Glad to see this discussion still going on, even after the archiving of the other long running thread.
nichelle and laptoptravel like this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Smile Best fares are for Sep-Dec $884.31

My apologies for delay in posting updates but have been 4+ busy.
There are multiple dates from Sep thru early Dec starting Sep 2-5. 3 day turn around with one night in SIN if you do it is 2 days price goes up and you can pick Sun-Tue, Mon-Wed, Tue-Fri for most weeks and get the same price of $884.31. If you do it in 2 days the price goes up and over the weekend the price goes up. The routing is usually IAH ATL NRT SIN NRT ATL IAH which gives a few more MQM than coming back thru DTW. If you go thru DTW and fly 350 you will net get C+ as they only have PS unless you want to use GUC which I would not use on PS. There are even some dates during the week of Thanksgiving Nov 20-23 which is Tue-Fri. Dec 3-6 is a few $ more at $990.79. Prices will usually come down in Jul or Aug for these dates. Have to be patient and keep checking.
If you have and question, comments or lower fares, please post. Have a great week. Flu epidemic finally seems to be slowing down. Have been able to avoid it this year and did get my shot. Had some friends who didn't and one of them almost died. Please get your flu shots each year.
Blessings to all and have a great week!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
This is a bit off topic, but for next year (2019) I've booked partner tickets to SIN to help get status. Why partner? Well, with AF in Z, $3400 gets me 8,400 MQD and almost 59,000 RDM. (Which is in addition to the 31,500 MQM.) Routing is IAD-CDG-SIN-CDG-IAD. 1/1/19 departure with a 1/5/19 return.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by DCAhome
This is a bit off topic, but for next year (2019) I've booked partner tickets to SIN to help get status. Why partner? Well, with AF in Z, $3400 gets me 8,400 MQD and almost 59,000 RDM. (Which is in addition to the 31,500 MQM.) Routing is IAD-CDG-SIN-CDG-IAD. 1/1/19 departure with a 1/5/19 return.
I am usually departing from the West Coast (never as a MR), but have been considering this routing as well since I noticed the fares to get to SIN aren't too bad.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Trips to SIN

Both of you have made valid observations. To make DM for 2019 it will be easier to spend some extra $ on partner airlines to get your MQD up to $15,000 than trying to charge $250,000 I’m AMX. If you only want PM than MR can still be helpful if you don’t fly enough to get 75,000 MQM. If you start in SFO or LAX and go thru ATL NRT DIN or DTW NRT SIN you can get 24,000+ MQM very fast. Thanks for your comments.
Blessings! 🙂 🙂
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
This makes perfect sense to me. Besides a trip booked in Premium Select on the A350 during a sale, I haven't booked another SIN run. I'm hoping a GUC clears as I'd like to try the new suites. Anyway, I'll have a lot of miles, but would be more concerned about hitting the minimum spend. I'm looking at an itinerary on China Eastern in 'I'. MQM's are 150% and will net almost $8K in MQD's.

I haven't been able to match the 59,000 RDM's but maybe I'm calculating it wrong? From the charts on delta.com for Air France I thought for Z that the RDM's are 200%? Either way, I'm planning to go this route. I just want to make sure I'm calculating it correctly. Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by Csfing1
If you go thru DTW and fly 350 you will net get C+ as they only have PS unless you want to use GUC which I would not use on PS.
If you have and question, comments or lower fares, please post.
@Csfing1 .... I follow your posts diligently, and noticed your above mentioned remark from 3/6/18 about upgrades on the A350 - DTW-NRT - if I understand it correctly.
While I was trying to keep up with Delta's "enhancements", I came across this remark from SkyMilesTeam.
It clearly states that upgrades with GUCs are possible from Main Cabin to D1 Suites.
Could you please clarify your remark, if I have misinterpreted it as such - and that the SkyMilesTeam notice is correct ?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

GUC

Yes they can be used for suites, you are correct. If you get UG please give us a report. Would not use for PS and they don’t have C+ sobuless you get UG to suites would go for bulkhead or exit row. Thanks for your comment and question. Keep questions and comments coming. Will probably do some MR in fall as well as some J on China Eastern to get up the MQD. Safe travels our next trip is to DEL and ATQ vis AMS on KLM for some work in in a few weeks. Have a great week to all readers and safe travels!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nichelle
This makes perfect sense to me. Besides a trip booked in Premium Select on the A350 during a sale, I haven't booked another SIN run. I'm hoping a GUC clears as I'd like to try the new suites. Anyway, I'll have a lot of miles, but would be more concerned about hitting the minimum spend. I'm looking at an itinerary on China Eastern in 'I'. MQM's are 150% and will net almost $8K in MQD's.

I haven't been able to match the 59,000 RDM's but maybe I'm calculating it wrong? From the charts on delta.com for Air France I thought for Z that the RDM's are 200%? Either way, I'm planning to go this route. I just want to make sure I'm calculating it correctly. Thanks!
How much will your ticket be on China Eastern for that fare and MQD as 2 of those would put you over the 15,000 MQD for DM and that would be a lot easier than trying for
AX $250,000. Thanks for your comments and ideas! Blessings and Safe Travels!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by nichelle

RDM's also get a bump from status. From Delta.com:

(4) Medallion Mileage Bonus is based on Base Miles earned: Diamond - 120%; Platinum - 80%; Gold - 60%; Silver - 40%
I'm expecting to be PM, so I was calculating RDMs at 280%, which I hope is correct.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by Csfing1

How much will your ticket be on China Eastern for that fare and MQD as 2 of those would put you over the 15,000 MQD for DM and that would be a lot easier than trying for
AX $250,000. Thanks for your comments and ideas! Blessings and Safe Travels!
Right. I have absolutely no shot at the AMEX $250,000 waiver. It never crossed my mind to even try for that

The cost is ~$2800 but it's in business class (JFK - PVG - SIN) .I've never flown MU (China Eastern) so this will be a first. From the reviews I've read, they offer a pretty good hard product in business. I'll make up the rest of the MQD's via my regular travel so I'm planning to do 1 trip. I don't mind paying $2,800 for an itinerary that will result in almost $8K in MQD's, +30K in MQM's and a lot of RDM's. I like the benefit of adding a bunch to my account. I have some family travel coming up this year and it will be nice to cash in some miles for those trips.

Last edited by nichelle; Mar 12, 2018 at 10:52 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:51 am

RDM's also get a bump from status. From Delta.com:

I'm expecting to be PM, so I was calculating RDMs at 280%, which I hope is correct.
Gotcha! Thank you! I missed that when I initially looked up the RDM rate. I went back and looked at the rate I'd get with a China Eastern itinerary and per Delta, Diamond adds 120%. And according to 'wheretocredit.com' the earning rate is 320% of miles flown so that matches. So, I guess that really will translate my actual miles flown of 19,474 into 62.3K RDM's. That's not too bad at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.