Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA / ANA Biz YVR/YYZ - SIN USD $1970

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] UA / ANA Biz YVR/YYZ - SIN USD $1970

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Def wanted to take a hard look at this, but needed end of March which doesn't seem available.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jsloan
Yes. UA-operated flights will accrue to MileagePlus at 5 points per dollar (plus any elite bonus) regardless of booking code or ticket stock.
What if it's a UA code share operated by AC or NH?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
What if it's a UA code share operated by AC or NH?
If it is a UA ticket (purchased from UA -- ticket number begins with 016), then you will get revenue-based earning on partner flights also (so, 5 miles per dollar). If it is a non-UA ticket, you would get distance-based earning, because it's the operating carrier that matters, not the marketing carrier.

In short, if crediting to UA on a published fare:
UA-operated flights always accrue revenue-based (5 miles per dollar), and always accrue PQD.
Partner flights will accrue revenue-based on a UA ticket (starts with 016) or distance-based on any other ticket. These will only accrue PQD when on a 016 ticket.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
So if I understand correctly:

1) UA flight on non 016 ticket stock will accrue miles based on PQDs
2) Other flights on the same ticket will accrue miles based on distance flown
3) UA code share flight (partner airline) on non 016 ticket stock will accrue miles based on distance flown

Please confirm if I have this straight.

TIA
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:46 pm

Does anyone know where and how I can get this on NH ticket stock? Does not seem to be pricing on OTAs ...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:34 pm

Is there UA/SQ (SQ metal) code share on LAX-NRT-SIN or SFO-HKG-SIN?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
So if I understand correctly:

1) UA flight on non 016 ticket stock will accrue miles based on PQDs
2) Other flights on the same ticket will accrue miles based on distance flown
3) UA code share flight (partner airline) on non 016 ticket stock will accrue miles based on distance flown

Please confirm if I have this straight.

TIA
Yes, all three of those are correct (for non-016 tickets), although it would be fairly rare to see a UA codeshare on a non-016 ticket. Not impossible -- just rare. The other point to keep in mind is that the PQDs (and, hence, mileage earned) on the UA segment in a mixed-carrier non-016 itinerary are entirely at UA's discretion and may be seemingly random.

Originally Posted by mileageking
Is there UA/SQ (SQ metal) code share on LAX-NRT-SIN or SFO-HKG-SIN?
Are you asking if UA puts its code on the SQ flights to North America? I don't believe so, and it wouldn't matter anyway. The fare rules for the UA fare require that the TPAC flights be UA-coded flights operated by UA,NH, or NQ ("Air Japan" -- essentially, NH). So, even if UA did codeshare on the SQ-operated flights, you wouldn't be able to purchase this fare on them anyway.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:49 pm

Are you asking if UA puts its code on the SQ flights to North America? I don't believe so, and it wouldn't matter anyway. The fare rules for the UA fare require that the TPAC flights be UA-coded flights operated by UA,NH, or NQ ("Air Japan" -- essentially, NH). So, even if UA did codeshare on the SQ-operated flights, you wouldn't be able to purchase this fare on them anyway.
Yes that's what I was asking. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by pinoysojourner
Does anyone know where and how I can get this on NH ticket stock? Does not seem to be pricing on OTAs ...
You can still book it on NH website.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
It may be worth asking, but, again, there's a decent chance that a local travel agent / consolidator won't be able to offer a cheaper bulk fare than this current sale fare. And if they're selling you this fare, it won't be bulk and you won't be able to get distance-based credit on MileagePlus. It may be worth trying to credit to another carrier: Where to Credit Where to Credit United Airlines Flights in P Booking Class Where to Credit Where to Credit All Nippon Airways Flights in P Booking Class
Well, I can confirm there is bulk fare for this fare basis and it's even cheaper than published price on UA.com
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Well, I can confirm there is bulk fare for this fare basis and it's even cheaper than published price on UA.com
Where might one find that?? lol
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:29 pm

BTW, this fare could be used as a fare to Tokyo if you space it as YYZ-TYO - long stay in Tokyo - TYO-SIN - short stay in Singapore - SIN-YYZ
Example June 19 - Aug 14 - Aug 19 (and that way you get some of the nicer routings on NH from ORD-NRT, for example)
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by br2k
BTW, this fare could be used as a fare to Tokyo if you space it as YYZ-TYO - long stay in Tokyo - TYO-SIN - short stay in Singapore - SIN-YYZ
Example June 19 - Aug 14 - Aug 19 (and that way you get some of the nicer routings on NH from ORD-NRT, for example)
Yes, this is what I am looking at. Tried playing around with cities other than SIN from TYO, but no dice, only SIN giving the cheap fare.

Would you suggest NH ORD-NRT or ORD-HND, with respect to best business cabin?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I think it's dead now.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:40 am

It's still out there through the end of the calendar. It even looks under $2k from YYZ now on some dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.