Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA / ANA Biz YVR/YYZ - SIN USD $1970

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] UA / ANA Biz YVR/YYZ - SIN USD $1970

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:22 pm

Hi -

Last August I booked YVR-SEA-NRT-SIN also. Lie flats the entire way.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by akhenaton
Looking at booking this from YYZ. I am usually oneworld, can someone comment on the mileage earning for this flight, probably credit to MileagePlus?
PQM? RDM?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Looking at booking this from YYZ. I am usually oneworld, can someone comment on the mileage earning for this flight, probably credit to MileagePlus?
Assuming you're talking about redeemable miles:
If you buy on UA 016 ticket, you will earn based on the fare you paid and the status multiplier. Fare without tax is $1,864, so you'll earn 5x (9,320 miles) without any status. You would probably be better off crediting to a mileage based program like LH, TK or AC, and get at least 21,890 miles, if you fly YYZ-LAX-SIN.

If you buy on NH 205 ticket, you will earn 150% miles on MileagePlus. But you'll have to double connect via the US since NH doesn't fly to YYZ. If you maximize your routing, you can do YYZ-EWR-LAX-HND-SIN and get 34,731 (23,154 x 1.5).

If you are talking about status miles, then it's 200% miles on UA or NH ticket crediting to MileagePlus.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
NH HND-YVR was scheduled to be operated by lie-flat 787's since October 2017 or something, but NH did an aircraft change and so far has not started operating the route with lie-flats. I see that it's currently scheduled to be operated by lie-flats again, but don't take that for granted. Perhaps the reason they pushed back the start date of the lie-flat service was because of the 787 engine issues, which meant that they needed the lie-flat planes on different routes? But then, it could just be because JL isn't operating a competitive product on the route either.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by rill2503456
NH HND-YVR was scheduled to be operated by lie-flat 787's since October 2017 or something, but NH did an aircraft change and so far has not started operating the route with lie-flats. I see that it's currently scheduled to be operated by lie-flats again, but don't take that for granted. Perhaps the reason they pushed back the start date of the lie-flat service was because of the 787 engine issues, which meant that they needed the lie-flat planes on different routes? But then, it could just be because JL isn't operating a competitive product on the route either.
It's got to be the latter. They have lie-flats on HND-PEK routes when that equipment seemingly could be used for TPAC routes.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rill2503456
But then, it could just be because JL isn't operating a competitive product on the route either.
or perhaps because they mistakenly filed an error fare on that route and wanted to stick it to all the freeloading FTers
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
wow, this fare is amazing...

Code:
PERMITTED 01MAY 18 THROUGH 14JUL 19 ON THE OUTBOUND                           
  TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR. 
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 15FEB 18.

​​​​​​​
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:17 pm

Published fare you will earn RDM base on fare, 1800x11 ~ 20k RDM for 1k. Or 1K on bulk far will earn 250% distance flown, ex: YYZ-EWR-LAX-SIN-LAX-EWR-YYZ will earn ~55k RDM.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Published fare you will earn RDM base on fare, 1800x11 ~ 20k RDM for 1k. Or 1K on bulk far will earn 250% distance flown, ex: YYZ-EWR-LAX-SIN-LAX-EWR-YYZ will earn ~55k RDM.

Are there any sites you'd suggest for buying it as a bulk fare?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by shuttlerider
CITI Thank You Point / CHASE UR booking, or your local travel agent
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shuttlerider
CITI Thank You Point / CHASE UR booking, or your local travel agent
It's not that simple. This is a published fare, so therefore it is (by definition) not a bulk fare. Bulk fares are those sold by consolidators -- they purchase seats from UA in "bulk" (hence the term) and resell them at whatever price they see fit. Bulk fares may have any number of additional restrictions; for example, they may not be changeable (at all), or you may have to involve the original purchasing agent to get changes made, etc.

So, while gokeeper is correct, that Citi and Chase both sometimes sell bulk fares, they'll typically sell you whatever is cheapest for them. In this case, it's entirely possible -- even likely -- that this sale price is better than whatever bulk fares may have been made available, and they'd just ticket this as a normal fare. In general, if you see the same price in the rewards portal / via a consolidator as you do on United.com, you're buying a normal (non-bulk) fare. If the portal offers a discount, it's likely to be bulk.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
wow, this fare is amazing...

Code:
PERMITTED 01MAY 18 THROUGH 14JUL 19 ON THE OUTBOUND
TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 15FEB 18.
I need to get to Asia end of August-September and was able to book YYZ-SFO-SIN on UA site on 787's the whole way for under $2000 (Air Canada YYZ-SFO). Added my positioning flights from EWR to the itinerary and it is still a great deal.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
It's got to be the latter. They have lie-flats on HND-PEK routes when that equipment seemingly could be used for TPAC routes.
Interesting. KUL, YVR, and PEK were the only 3 routes impacted by the aircraft swap from last October, but looking back on discussions from that time, it does seem like it was due to maintenance issues. This makes me hopeful this time that the YVR options will not be in subpar business cradle.

Also, last time the aircraft change happened, a number of people who booked on NH ticket stock were successfully able to ask for alternate routings to get lieflats, including changing the departure city to SEA/other west coast cities.

Originally Posted by dogloverjb
I need to get to Asia end of August-September and was able to book YYZ-SFO-SIN on UA site on 787's the whole way for under $2000 (Air Canada YYZ-SFO). Added my positioning flights from EWR to the itinerary and it is still a great deal.
I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are routings that go through EWR (via SFO/LAX/TYO) so you should be able to get away with a single positioning flight if you are comfortable dropping the last segment.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:00 am

having a brain cramp and obvious rookie mistakes, would someone be able to provide a google flights or OTA link for the YYZ-EWR-LAX-SIN-LAX-EWR-YYZ routing?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:11 am

Will the ticketed carrier change the fare post-flight if the transborder return segment is dropped?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.