Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2013 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Mile & More, Flying Blue
C2 to NAN / Fiji

Been out of the game for a while and I am willing to invest time and effort to generate savings for the above route. Was just wondering what's the lowest that can be had and if it fits into a rtw construction. At the moment I am stuck at around 1000eur on KE with (apparently) no FD potential
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:09 pm

i'm sorry this probably isn't the correct place to post this question but i figured if there are flightfox experts on FT they'd probably be around this thread i was considering putting a request for an australia trip thru flightfox but the problem is i have almost no flexibility - i'd like to be on the same united flight outbound as family members who have already booked flights and on the return i'm flying from cairns so there aren't a ton of flight options (plus work wise i have little flexibility in days). flightfox already warned me during the submission process that this might not be a good trip to have the experts work on (too simple) and i was wondering if you experts agree? from having skimmed this thread on several different occasions i get the feeling that united flights in general are harder to FD on regardless. thank you in advance for any thoughts!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by brownie20
i'm sorry this probably isn't the correct place to post this question but i figured if there are flightfox experts on FT they'd probably be around this thread i was considering putting a request for an australia trip thru flightfox but the problem is i have almost no flexibility - i'd like to be on the same united flight outbound as family members who have already booked flights and on the return i'm flying from cairns so there aren't a ton of flight options (plus work wise i have little flexibility in days). flightfox already warned me during the submission process that this might not be a good trip to have the experts work on (too simple) and i was wondering if you experts agree? from having skimmed this thread on several different occasions i get the feeling that united flights in general are harder to FD on regardless. thank you in advance for any thoughts!
Why go through flightfox?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:26 am

Indeed it's fully dumpable in all ex c1 routes.
Safe construction (I like WWE words ahahahhaha)

€693,18 AI for C1w-C6 RT (It is improvable)

Last edited by jorun; Nov 12, 2013 at 2:27 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Have you seen the latest BCN/MAD-C4 (and C1.5) offerings on AA? E.g. BF for BCN/MAD-LIM is 5€ with 300€ YQ.

Can anything (flyable) be done with that?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:14 am

Very nice RT prices from Bud-Yul-Bud on Tk 2014 jul-aug.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by kurtis78
Indeed... Even Business class for 1000€.

Is there a way to remove YQ from this route? The only trick I know isn't very flyable
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by zagy
Have you seen the latest BCN/MAD-C4 (and C1.5) offerings on AA? E.g. BF for BCN/MAD-LIM is 5€ with 300€ YQ.

it's seem difficult ... I found nothing
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by kurtis78
Yes, but 50% discount on YQ is included, so price rise of cca 130e is expected.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Extreme North to Extreme South

55.6 ° N to 26.2° S Einhundertsechsundfünfzig.
in a currency which was never the currency of Any but now the currency of All.
I recently found the following in a fortune cookie: Confusius says: "safe" is: that which has been tested many times by many people over longer periods of time without adverse consequences. However, it is not safe to use the word "safe" if you are not sure what safe is.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 12, 2013 at 5:40 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by zagy

Yes it can. for an amazingly low price too. Good through 4/30, Tues, Wed, Thu
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
55.6 ° N to 26.2° S Einhundertsechsundfünfzig.
in a currency which was never the currency of Any but now the currency of All.
I recently found the following in a fortune cookie: Confusius says: "safe" is: that which has been tested many times by many people over longer periods of time without adverse consequences. However, it is not safe to use the word "safe" if you are not sure what safe is.
nevermind.
As always 1x involved :/

Last edited by jorun; Nov 12, 2013 at 6:34 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:19 am

thanks so much for the replies!!

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Why go through flightfox?
sadly i don't know how to FD myself and i don't think i'll have the time to learn at the current time. jealous of all you experts tho

Originally Posted by jorun
Indeed it's fully dumpable in all ex c1 routes.
Safe construction (I like WWE words ahahahhaha)

€693,18 AI for C1w-C6 RT (It is improvable)
thanks so much! may have to put a request thru to flightfox after all! tricky thing is i have a tight schedule and really want to be on certain flights outbound from C1E. thank you tho for letting me know it's possible!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: BA, Gold Hilton, Gold SPG
thanks so much for the replies!!

thanks so much! may have to put a request thru to flightfox after all! tricky thing is i have a tight schedule and really want to be on certain flights outbound from C1E. thank you tho for letting me know it's possible!

You are not in a good position to use FD. My advice to you is to buy the ticket and pay the full fare. FD is a hobby. I personally have been following this thread and managed to find few tricks. But never bought an FD ticket.

Fyi, Do not have high expectation from flightfox.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:29 am

Last edited by belfordrocks; Nov 17, 2013 at 4:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.