Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2013 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: M&M
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
ok, so if one ends in YYZ, you are looking at

$135+$157 base fares (lowest winter fares YYZ-LHR, KRK-YYZ), no matter what the routing, backtracking, whatnot is.

you are also looking at a minimum of these taxes (and this doesnt include any backtracking, or extra connections. (total of $91) Any other route, including backtracking, or whatever, would add more.

Toronto Airport Improvement Fee (SQ) CA$25.00
Canadian Harmonized Sales Tax (ON) (RC) CA$3.25
Canadian Air Travelers Security Charge (CA) CA$25.91
German Passenger Service Charge (RA) CA$21.80
Poland Airport Tax (XW) CA$15.00
Poland Passenger Service Charge (ND) CA$0.20

The lowest possible total cost is at least $383 before any 3x can even be added. You presented a price of $350.

Which means you are either:
a) dumping taxes
b) have access to non-published base fares below a LH/AC K fare.

feel free to PM me how you get your total cost below currently available base fares (I suspect we are using the same 3x anyway that is the result of hard work by neither you or me but another FTer)
I didn't work on this fare but sometimes taxes are dumpable and other times there are some ota which allow you to book without fee....I don't know if it's your case.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jorun
sometimes taxes are dumpable
Can I hire you to fill out my 2012 tax return?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:38 am

Dumping JFK-SIN

Last edited by waver99; Jul 26, 2013 at 4:44 am Reason: ...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:43 am

Various C2 Airport to PVG in J Class (Z).
A ST carrier. Summer and Autumn.
A/I 662€
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:44 am

Last edited by belfordrocks; Nov 17, 2013 at 5:29 am
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Pretty sure this isn't a trick?

Plus, fare rules state that its an economy ticket
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by run44
Plus, fare rules state that its an economy ticket
If you buy a Z class you'll earn Z class...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Vaiuba
Various C2 Airport to PVG in J Class (Z).
A ST carrier. Summer and Autumn.
A/I 662€
And it's dumpable... 389 EUR
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
ok, so if one ends in YYZ, you are looking at

$135+$157 base fares (lowest winter fares YYZ-LHR, KRK-YYZ), no matter what the routing, backtracking, whatnot is.

you are also looking at a minimum of these taxes (and this doesnt include any backtracking, or extra connections. (total of $91) Any other route, including backtracking, or whatever, would add more.

Toronto Airport Improvement Fee (SQ) CA$25.00
Canadian Harmonized Sales Tax (ON) (RC) CA$3.25
Canadian Air Travelers Security Charge (CA) CA$25.91
German Passenger Service Charge (RA) CA$21.80
Poland Airport Tax (XW) CA$15.00
Poland Passenger Service Charge (ND) CA$0.20

The lowest possible total cost is at least $383 before any 3x can even be added. You presented a price of $350.

Which means you are either:
a) dumping taxes
b) have access to non-published base fares below a LH/AC K fare.

feel free to PM me how you get your total cost below currently available base fares (I suspect we are using the same 3x anyway that is the result of hard work by neither you or me but another FTer)
Lots of assumptions about taxes and routing. I am sure that you are right in your price calculation using those assumptions. You make it sound like there is a brand new 3X out there. This 3X is at least 2 years old if my memory serves me right. If I remember correctly it worked initially on PriceLine.com. It would appear now to work in a different context though. My friend in Burlington Ontario and his wife bought two tickets yesterday.

Originally Posted by FrankTalk
Based on that posting I assume that you found the proper site, routing and price also. Great.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jan 8, 2013 at 9:28 am
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Lots of assumptions about taxes and routing. I am sure that you are right in your price calculation using those assumptions.
What assumptions?

Those are the facts,
Base fares are $292 on that route - that is the absolute lowest fare published.
Heck, even the lowest base fares in/out of YYZ to anywhere on LH to Europe are in the $260 range (but I am using KRK, like in your magic price)

Canadian departure taxes are at least $54. Poland departure taxes are at least $15. Add to it connecting in Europe (at least $25 - since there are no KRK-YYZ flights)

That is already at the very least $385, and we havent even added a 3x yet.

Again, I welcome a PM about the routing to get the base fare + tax to around $320. (dont care about the 3x, but I assume its the same $33 one I use)

Flying from BUF one can theoretically save $50 on base fare, and $30 on tax, but would add another connection in Europe for more tax - so maybe a net gain for $60.... Still doesnt add up.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:40 am
Suspended

What assumptions?
(but I am using KRK, like in your magic price)
I do not have "magic price" or access to anything unpublicized secret base fares. I am reporting the final pricing quotation from the booking site and in the currency of the site. To the best of my knowledge this is not a flaky site such as Travelation. CheapOAir etc.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do not have "magic price" or access to anything unpublicized secret base fares. I am reporting the final pricing quotation from the booking site and in the currency of the site.
Which is somehow below any published base fare + mandatory taxes ....

I know the site you are using, another FTer has discovered it a long time ago, and was kind enough to share, it still cant magically lower published base fares or dump taxes (havent even began to add the $33 3x)
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:56 am
Suspended

Which is somehow below any published base fare + mandatory taxes ....

I know the site you are using, another FTer has discovered it a long time ago, and was kind enough to share, it still cant magically lower published base fares or dump taxes (havent even began to add the $33 3x)
Your postings seem so agitated and you are spending a lot of time on something you are probably not going to use anyway.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your postings seem so agitated and you are spending a lot of time on something you are probably not going to use anyway.
Would not use anyway? Have you looked at my two homes to the left on my profile? I do this route on AC/LH a few times a year since UA became undumpable. I know something about base fares on this particular route, and trends of base fares.

But yes, very agitated when someone posts made up or purposely lowered prices that defy logic and math, and are below even the lowest published base fares+taxes.

The only thing that causes is people will end up spending hours chasing your magic fare that doesnt exist, because its impossible to exist using your parameters given the current base fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.