Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: QR Gold
Still learning this - so please direct me to the best place... (be nice, in other words)

Having problems getting a flight from C2 to C3 with a 3xFD - any hints anyone can give me?

I am searching via ITA...

Thanks..
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by cundall
Still learning this - so please direct me to the best place... (be nice, in other words)

Having problems getting a flight from C2 to C3 with a 3xFD - any hints anyone can give me?

I am searching via ITA...

Thanks..

Yes, do your homework..

one of the rules is to not code your questions... and if you read just a few posts up, WWE posted what can be done
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Yes, do your homework..

one of the rules is to not code your questions... and if you read just a few posts up, WWE posted what can be done
Thanks - it' amazing what WWE has found...

I will keep on reading up but I am trying to get to SE Asia (MNL, BKK, HKG, SIN) from MAN/LHR/LBA/BHX (UK) though i am trying to reduce the YQ of £142.00

I hope this is clear enough or have a broken a rule by posting airport codes?

editing as Deltahater's advise ------

QR and Flying Blue

Last edited by cundall; Jan 19, 2012 at 7:53 am
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by cundall
Thanks - it' amazing what WWE has found...

I will keep on reading up but I am trying to get to SE Asia (MNL, BKK, HKG, SIN) from MAN/LHR/LBA/BHX (UK) though i am trying to reduce the YQ of £142.00

I hope this is clear enough or have a broken a rule by posting airport codes?

No, posting routings for what you want is great. Posting 1x or 3x, that is what gets you in trouble.

It also helps if you post what airline/alliance you want if you have a preference
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
ITA vs Vayama

This is driving me crazy, how is it that flights are found and priced out on vayama, but I can't find it on ITA?

I am feeding the flights one by one to ITA and once I add a specific flight ITA shows a big fat zero? I don't want to post the specifics on this forum, but this is something that was posted on a different site for C1-C2 and wanted to learn the specifics of this dump.

Please PM me if you know what's going on here. I am starting to give up on ITA, as I thought that it would at least show every flight that a regular booking engine would find.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by aarato
This is driving me crazy, how is it that flights are found and priced out on vayama, but I can't find it on ITA?

I am feeding the flights one by one to ITA and once I add a specific flight ITA shows a big fat zero? I don't want to post the specifics on this forum, but this is something that was posted on a different site for C1-C2 and wanted to learn the specifics of this dump.

Please PM me if you know what's going on here. I am starting to give up on ITA, as I thought that it would at least show every flight that a regular booking engine would find.
What is ITA doing exactly? I have found that if you click on ''complet trip'' instead of ''individual flights'' ITA can find the ticket, but sometimes will come up empty handed if using individual flights.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Shadownite
$29 each way from NYC-FRA on stylized bird, multiple dates.
Also on maple leaf
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:56 am

true. even the recent ... fare that went on the blogs wouldn't show up, even after adding all the constraints to reduce search space...

well, I guess vayama just uses a different system to search for fares

Last edited by kostasn0; Jan 19, 2012 at 12:48 pm
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Also on maple leaf
Zinedine Zidane lovers can get there for $19 one way
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
Originally Posted by rizwank
Do you get console access to the GDS from this?
Yes, comes with the regular GDS and graphical view which is easier to search.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by hearna
What is ITA doing exactly? I have found that if you click on ''complet trip'' instead of ''individual flights'' ITA can find the ticket, but sometimes will come up empty handed if using individual flights.
When you select your flights one at a time, ITA restricts the subsequent possibilities based on your previous choices. For example, if your first two flights are AA TATL flights, ITA has already decided this ticket will be issued by AA. So it restricts the subsequent flights to choices that can be issued on an AA ticket.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
Originally Posted by janetdoe
When you select your flights one at a time, ITA restricts the subsequent possibilities based on your previous choices. For example, if your first two flights are AA TATL flights, ITA has already decided this ticket will be issued by AA. So it restricts the subsequent flights to choices that can be issued on an AA ticket.
makes sence, and so does: let ITA do the heavy lifting, etc etc..
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by kostasn0
You don't have to guess. You can go back and read the thread, where all of this is explained. There are links posted that explain the major systems and specify the airlines and booking engines using them.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kostasn0
true. even the recent ....... fare that went on the blogs wouldn't show up, even after adding all the constraints to reduce search space...

This is exactly what I meant, but did not want to spell out the flight city pairs. I guess the cat is out of the bag now....but at least I want to learn from it. Is there a way to have ITA show this somehow?
what am I doing wrong? I even specified the flight number for the ITA search engine. I guess ITA can NOT (or refuses) to find all valid flight combinations?

IF I am incorrect (very possible), how was this even found in the first place?

Last edited by aarato; Jan 19, 2012 at 11:41 am
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: M&M
Is there a way to have ITA show this somehow?
what am I doing wrong?
You are not doing anything wrong, neither does Matrix. Vayama is mispricing because it let's you use a combination that shouldn't be possible.

how was this even found in the first place?
It as found by someone who was searching for SFO-ZRH, got a weird result, and had enough knowledge to deduce what just happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.