Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jayenoh
What kind of automated searching software/scripts are people using?
iWWE
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
iWWE
QUESTION: I would like to follow up on this. Since the demise of ITA matrix1, I've struggled to even build my repertoire of possible strikes. What engine are you pros now using?

COMMENT: Note: I did read this question about 20 pages ago, but we got off track and I didn't think there was a clear answer...

GRATITUDE: I'd like to add that after reading this thread through - and yes, I did... with the help of a couple long wi-fi enabled flights and a few drinks - I'm still learning everything, but have booked a five-segment C1-C1-C2-C2-C2-C1 2 week summer vacation with favorable times to the cities I wanted in July at a ridiculous sub-1400 rate for all five flights... each one with a 3 night layover, it just worked out very very well. thanks to all of you for your guidance and to the newbies... it can be done, I assure you! That is all
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:12 pm
Suspended

iWWE
I was joking

Originally Posted by ArniesArmy
QUESTION: I would like to follow up on this. Since the demise of ITA matrix1, I've struggled to even build my repertoire of possible strikes. What engine are you pros now using?
Considering the barrage of help request however, maybe it is time to set up a FD service. Charging 50% of the FD as fee.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by janetdoe
Yes, this is definitely a thread for people who prefer to spend time rather than money.
IMO spending hours reading this thread is better than buying a ****ty MR with high CPM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

COMMENT: Note: I did read this question about 20 pages ago, but we got off track and I didn't think there was a clear answer...

GRATITUDE: I'd like to add that after reading this thread through - and yes, I did... with the help of a couple long wi-fi enabled flights and a few drinks - I'm still learning everything, but have booked a five-segment C1-C1-C2-C2-C2-C1 2 week summer vacation with favorable times to the cities I wanted in July at a ridiculous sub-1400 rate for all five flights... each one with a 3 night layover, it just worked out very very well. thanks to all of you for your guidance and to the newbies... it can be done, I assure you! That is all
I have GDS access.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
What engine are you now using?
ITA matrix2, occasionally supplemented by dabbling on other sites. It's not any more difficult, it just takes longer.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:16 pm

Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by palefire
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Considering the barrage of help request however, maybe it is time to set up a FD service. Charging 50% of the FD as fee.
For those of us who can dump 50% in our sleep but haven't yet graduated to the more advanced level, paying 50% to dump 100% doesn't sound like that great of a deal.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Can anyone clarify what about the combinations between two airlines actually causes the fuel to dump? I thought it was something related to the IET agreements, so I looked at them for the dumps that I know, but it appears that each airline has an agreement with the other.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by SkyBuck
For those of us who can dump 50% in our sleep but haven't yet graduated to the more advanced level, paying 50% to dump 100% doesn't sound like that great of a deal.
Sure it is... but this one dimensional thinking is what keeps you at 50%

In this example, you are out no money, no time, and are handed a 100% dump that is potentially applicable for future flights... and if it isn't at least you can learn why it worked and MAYBE create your own 100% dump that you can then sell to the next noob.

Do you really not see these advantages?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I have GDS access.
Can you share how to get GDS access without being a TA or airline?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum

I am newbie when it comes to fuel dumping, but why is a C1-C1-C2-C2-C2-C1 is ridiculous at sub-1400? I am pretty sure I could do this myself.

Now if this is C1-C2-C1-C2-C1-C2, I would like to talk....
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
SOLD!

pm me your bank details..
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.