Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Skymiles
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm...Wouldn't that mean that both you and the OP would need to individually edit your posts to remove the possibly over-explanatory information? Perhaps the countdown is in hours or days?[/QUOTE]

And the other peeps that quoted too. It's been known to happen across the board, i.e. the BA mistake fare to India for one. When BA unilaterally canceled the tix, initially it seemed that they were refunding the full fare, including YQ, even to those that had dumped. There was much discussion, and it was all retracted.

I've edited my post...

Last edited by The Juiceman; Jan 6, 2011 at 6:41 am Reason: stuff
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:57 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by The Juiceman
Hmmmmm...Wouldn't that mean that both you and the OP would need to individually edit your posts to remove the possibly over-explanatory information? Perhaps the countdown is in hours or days?
And the other peeps that quoted too. It's been known to happen across the board, i.e. the BA mistake fare to India for one. When BA unilaterally canceled the tix, initially it seemed that they were refunding the full fare, including YQ, even to those that had dumped. There was much discussion, and it was all retracted. I've edited my post...[/QUOTE]

The guy who asked the question also quoted, and he would be least likely of all to edit his post. It is not an end of the world post. I just think it was close to being an overly detailed explanation of how this works. When that damned dog explained FDing a year ago, it shut down things for a while. I'm just trying to remind people to be careful since we've had more activity today than in the last week.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:03 am

I would deeply appreciate knowing if a C1-C2 bride or groom dump is still possible -- tried cable beach, 13mi, the Great White North, etc. and nothing seems to work like it used to. Sigh...there's a very low base fare out of SJC that I have my eye on too...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by chewy3
The reason is quite simple. This is a retaliatory fare against AA (even pre-fuel dump it's a pretty good fare) - so you won't find it out of any other city.
+1 on that, and it's a damn shame really as I am based out of WAS. What sucks even more is that one of the routings is THRU EWR. Now, with that cheap of a total fare..we northerners might want to look into potential cheap positioning flights.

Last edited by limitless; Jan 6, 2011 at 12:25 am
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Anyone have any luck dumping that DFW-MXP with a $58 r/t base that LRD posted in the MR Deals forum?
Thanks, was able to get the MIA sub $200 routing because of your post (5:45 pm pacific). Positioning will bring the overall trip up to 2.7-3.3 cpm but the thrill is worth it.

Very late edit:

Met at least 3 FT'ers on this trip... Lombardy in late March was pretty nice, a little light rain. One beautiful sunny Saturday in Bergamo, (<5 euro on the train IIRC); misty and cloudy in Como and Bellagio, with periods of fairly heavy rain.

Last edited by fanger; Jul 13, 2011 at 10:49 am Reason: just for giggles
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:11 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Just bought myself one...I was able to get $199 on ITA but couldn't get lower. O priced it out to be $206 for the same itinerary. Ended up purchasing an itinerary for $224 (since flight times worked better for me).

If anyone has any hints on how to drop it below $206 I can always cancel/rebook.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador

Last edited by BryanIAH; Jan 28, 2012 at 7:37 pm
Old Jan 6, 2011, 2:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Is cable beach the same as 13 miler? If not, any hints (via PM if possible) on how to figure out cable beach? I'm trying to get DFW-MXP to work!
Not the same.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:39 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Anyone who has successfully booked a 1 or 2 day stay in MXP? Trying to book 3/18-3/21 but could not cut the fat using all known 3X. I was able to see the cable beach work but not on the dates that I would like to travel. A PM would be appreciated.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by blueslip
Anyone who has successfully booked a 1 or 2 day stay in MXP? Trying to book 3/18-3/21 but could not cut the fat using all known 3X. I was able to see the cable beach work but not on the dates that I would like to travel. A PM would be appreciated.
Try 3/17-3/21 instead with some known 3x's.

As called out by Kalat767... The fare rules on the low base fare are outbound through Sun-Thurs, and inbound Mon-and beyond, as well as require 'depart following sunday or later'. Unless you nest, you can't get 1-2 days on that fare.
It's in the low $100 base if you pick a fri/sat dep, plus routing seems to push you into FRA adding add'l taxes. (YMMV).
Old Jan 6, 2011, 4:28 am

issues booking

So i tried to book this itin on expedia and kept getting:
"Sorry, we are unable to complete your booking

We couldn't process your flight request.
What can you do?
Simply wait a moment or two then resubmit your booking request."

So i did that a couple of times with no luck. Turns out, each time I did that they DID charge my card, so now I have tons of pending transactions yet no confirmation/ticket numbers. Since I don't have ticket or confirm. numbers, I assume that the authorization holds will just go away in a day or two, but obviously want to make sure. Has this happened to anyone before? Suggestions on what to do? I still would like to book the ticket, but don't want more random pending transaction holds on my credit.

In any event, wanted to post this so it wouldn't happen to others...

P.S. I obviously can't/wont call expedia or the airline unless they actually do charge me.

Last edited by limitless; Jan 6, 2011 at 4:58 am
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Can someone PM me with help on getting the DFW-MIA fare low? I'm trying lots of 3xs but not finding it. I'm a long time follower of this thread but am stuck here, or perhaps too excited to think straight.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
sorry if I missed your PM, or reply was short, or for replying only to established FTers. Had quite a few queries this morning.

As this is the only 100% FD appearing to work (albeit limited to up up and away sunshine state destinations), it would be nice to keep it for a while.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by chewy3
The reason is quite simple. This is a retaliatory fare against AA (even pre-fuel dump it's a pretty good fare) - so you won't find it out of any other city.
That's what I thought, but it never hurts to check the other cities to see if a low fare was filed there as well.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:42 am
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Is cable beach the same as 13 miler? If not, any hints (via PM if possible) on how to figure out cable beach? I'm trying to get DFW-MXP to work!
Not the same, but in the same general area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.