Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/One World: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Chicago to ??? Need mile's run

Looking to maintain AA plat. status. Need 9,000 miles. Flying out of O'hare in Chicago. Where can I go to finish the year strong.

Will pay up to $1,000 but prefer to stay around $700. Travel dates can be anytime after Dec. 20th- Dec 31st.

I can also travel the weekend of Dec. 16-18.

Or should I just pay the $1,400 cash to secure the status?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines
First time posting. Just learned about the this site:
Chicago to ??? Need mile's run
Looking to maintain AA plat. status. Need 9,000 miles. Flying out of O'hare in Chicago. Where can I go to finish the year strong.

Will pay up to $1,000 but prefer to stay around $700. Travel dates can be anytime after Dec. 20th- Dec 31st.

Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by juanderlust
Hey All,

First time posting/ MR and I have a steeeep challenge for you.

I am currently Platinum after doing a challenge earlier in the year and I want to qualify for AA EXP before the rev requirements take place. As in in 30 days...

I had pretty much given up on reaching EXP until I looked at my calendar for next year and it seems I will be taking at least 20 RT flights all over the country for some work. So I figured if I can secure some added benefits to make those flights more comfortable I can suffer for a few days and take a hit upfront.

Departure Airport: LAX, SFO, DFW, ORD (I'm in DEN, but have found it easy to relocate)
Miles Needed:65,000 EQM (I did say it was a steeep challenge)
Required Spend or Budget: Cheap as possible ideally around $2600
Available Travel Dates:12/4 - 12/21
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:AA

I have been looking tirelessly for about a week to make this happen and have not been able to on my own.

Thanks for the help and I appreciate ya'll!
Just to confirm, you trying to get to EXP using the standard 100K EQMs or 120 EQSs even though you completed a Plat challenge in 2016? You currently have 35K EQMs? How many EQSs do you have?

Also, for how many days are you willing to be gone? You're going to have a lot of butt-in-seat time to get 65K miles, and I doubt you'd be able to do it for $2600 at this time of the year . Might be closer to $4000+, as a pure guess, plus hotel costs.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by melrowgo
Just to confirm, you trying to get to EXP using the standard 100K EQMs or 120 EQSs even though you completed a Plat challenge in 2016? You currently have 35K EQMs? How many EQSs do you have?

Also, for how many days are you willing to be gone? You're going to have a lot of butt-in-seat time to get 65K miles, and I doubt you'd be able to do it for $2600 at this time of the year . Might be closer to $4000+, as a pure guess, plus hotel costs.
Yes, I need to get to 100K butt in seat. Currently have 35,350 EQM. 20 segments. I am willing to be gone the entire period of the dates I listed. Really just hoping to keep it around 4 cpm.

As a bit of background, I'm pretty new to this whole thing. Just happened to be flying often. I was UA Premier Platinum and then I moved to an AA hub so I decided to switch to AA and they offered me the Platinum match. I did the challenge before I had realized that AA was also going to become revenue based otherwise I would've tried much earlier to get this done. Now I'm back to a UA dominant airport, but where I'll be flying to are mostly AA hubs.

Yes, I do realize that this entire thing is a stretch.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Oops

Originally Posted by levistrauss
Hello - We have some travel planned for later this year but my wife will still be short by about 8K EQM's short of EXP. Either So Cal or DFW will work for us. I am looking for some reasonable options (Under $1K) to achieve this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Will be especially if someone is aware of some J or F deals to reduce flying time.
Sorry, somehow never noticed the sticky. Thanks for moving it.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by melrowgo

Originally Posted by juanderlust
Yes, I need to get to 100K butt in seat. Currently have 35,350 EQM. 20 segments. I am willing to be gone the entire period of the dates I listed. Really just hoping to keep it around 4 cpm.

As a bit of background, I'm pretty new to this whole thing. Just happened to be flying often. I was UA Premier Platinum and then I moved to an AA hub so I decided to switch to AA and they offered me the Platinum match. I did the challenge before I had realized that AA was also going to become revenue based otherwise I would've tried much earlier to get this done. Now I'm back to a UA dominant airport, but where I'll be flying to are mostly AA hubs.

Yes, I do realize that this entire thing is a stretch.
Four LAX-UIO RTs in business can be had for not much over $4k total; it's right at 1k on a few days, $1.1-1.2 for more but only thru the 13th. Each 16k (or bit better, depending on routing) EQMs.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by levistrauss
Hello - We have some travel planned for later this year but my wife will still be short by about 8K EQM's short of EXP. Either So Cal or DFW will work for us. I am looking for some reasonable options (Under $1K) to achieve this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Will be especially if someone is aware of some J or F deals to reduce flying time.
What dates is she available to travel?

For future requests, it's helpful if you can describe your needs using using this format:
Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Max Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Acceptable Overnights (0,1, etc):
Class preference (Econ,PE,Bus,First):
International Okay:
Chinese Visa?:

Last edited by melrowgo; Dec 1, 2016 at 11:35 pm
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by eflambert

SEA-XXX-MIA rt for $579 on 12/16 for 7700mi. Your rt ORD-SEA will take care of the rest.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2407;a=AA;eo=e
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:23 pm

Greetings to the group.
I'm a Newbie .... to flying as a Passenger really. I haven't flown more than one trip every 18-24 months.

I started a new job that will require quite a bit of flying (3 to 4 per month including International), none of which I have the booking controls or input for.

I would like to take one of these challenges I've read about. \
My goal is to go from Zero to Executive Platinum in one long run.
I've read a few threads about this, but thought I could just try and ask if anyone has a suggestion or a route they could share.

I'll use the format I found here in your group

Departure AirportEN
Miles Needed: EQM's 100,000; EQSs 120; EQDs $12,000
Max Spend or Budget: No clue
Available Travel Dates: Most of December
Acceptable Overnights (0,1, etc):3
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: *Don't know what this means* (Is is about lie flat seats?)
Class preference?on't really care. EXP is the Goal.
International Okay: If it makes sense, sure
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by webmedics
Greetings to the group.
I'm a Newbie .... to flying as a Passenger really. I haven't flown more than one trip every 18-24 months.

I started a new job that will require quite a bit of flying (3 to 4 per month including International), none of which I have the booking controls or input for.

I would like to take one of these challenges I've read about. \
My goal is to go from Zero to Executive Platinum in one long run.
I've read a few threads about this, but thought I could just try and ask if anyone has a suggestion or a route they could share.

I'll use the format I found here in your group

Departure AirportEN
Miles Needed: EQM's 100,000; EQSs 120; EQDs $12,000
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: *Don't know what this means* (Is is about lie flat seats?)
Class preference?on't really care. EXP is the Goal.
- Do you have a China visa?
- Do you have an unlimited budget (max spend)? If so, I imagine you can knock this out in about $6k-10K.
- Which dates specifically can you travel? It makes a difference.
- You don't have to worry about EQDs until Jan 1
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:43 am

I don't have a China Visa (I see that's a primary question / Why is that?)

I wouldn't say unlimited, but I would say that gaining that highest status is quite important for the amount of travel I"m expecting to do. I need the creature comforts and the upgrades as much as I'm going to live in planes.

My time between now and the end of the year is exceptionally flexible. And I've been told you gain some perks getting bumped. So I'm all about booking these and getting even more out of the adventure.

And does it matter if I qualify before or after the 31st of December? Would hitting the mark on 1 Jan 2017 be better?

Thanks for being willing to help a Newbie
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: USair BA DL AA
Try DFW-HKG AA nonstop for 16k miles

Originally Posted by HotMic
Departure Airport: DFW (or AUS)
Miles Needed: 13000
Max Spend or Budget: $1500 (but of course I'd prefer less)
Available Travel Dates: 12/26-12/30
Acceptable Overnights (0,1, etc): 1-2 (As long as the flights all count for 2016!)
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Need AA EQM's.
International Okay: Y
Chinese Visa?: N
To me the easiest way to knock this out would be the AA nonstop to HKG at a little over 16k RT and for best price either book last minute or book departure for Christmas day. It's about $1500 that way. Check Google flights for best dates. It's also a little cheaper if you return on Cathay with stops but doesn't seem worth the time vs money.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by georgeroads
I'm looking for AA F fares to do one more mileage run out of MIA, I need 17,960 miles for EXP again. If I did F fares I'd get there quicker and probably cheaper then buying up by getting within 15k Miles. I'm looking to spend around $2K but it gets difficult to find only F fares as on AA.com as they mix in discount 1st. Is there any tool that would let me specify fare class?
The easiest tool to use is https://www.google.com/flights/ where you can specify a starting point, class, and dates, and then check the map to see what the prices are. Play around with it and I think you'll find some good options for you.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by webmedics
Departure Airport: DEN
Miles Needed: EQM's 100,000; EQSs 120
Class preference: Don't really care. EXP is the Goal.
China visa?: No
If you take 5 of these (https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...A678;sc=f;a=AA), you'll get just over 90K for $5000+. If you transit DEN-LAX in Bus/First via one or two stops on the East Coast, you should be able to pick up the rest.

BTW, we ask if you have a China visa because some of the best long MR deals seem to be to PEK or PVG.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:40 am

Looking to maintain Exec Plat on AA. Only need 1716 EQMs, but I live in the UK (have made the required 4 segments on AA). Can do any LON airport.

Am thinking a Y/B class flight on BA to Malta (have friends there= Free accomodation) or maybe a cheap BA flight to Egypt?

Can do a long-weekend or a 4-day weekend as I have a few spare days' holiday and the missus never says no to a weekend away. Alternatively can just do a straight mileage run.

Any tips for how best to get the EQMs without busting the bank?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ScreamingPict; Dec 1, 2016 at 11:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.