Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by aktchi
Now the interesting thing is that I only received one communication from QR, not three.
If it was just an aircraft change, you wouldn't expect to receive a notice.

Originally Posted by nawlins
My PHL-DOH-CMB return trip in December has the same significant schedule change. When I called Qatar they agreed that I would be allowed to change to JFK-DOH-CMB but the CMB-DOH-PHL must remain the same as this schedule was not changed. Is this the experience of others where only the flights affected by the schedule change can be rerouted within the 500 mile radius?
I had CMB-DOH-PHL roundtrip for the holidays in December/January. When the PHL flights were retimed, it affected both my outbound and inbound; and I was permitted to change both. Changed both to BOS, which is where I was actually going. Saves me the PHL-BOS-PHL on AA, $300-400.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:13 pm
soy

Programs: various
Had the change to the return leg (PHL-DOH) only, but they let me make wholesale changes to the trip.
Both legs now changed to BOS, also moved the dates (by 1 day) to ones that were more expensive when I first booked, plus new schedule means I can use QR+ free night rather than having a 8hr layover in DOH airport. Only downside is that I am no longer on the UL A330 (new airline for me) as it seems that the codeshare is no longer on QR.com.

Thought about routing Q-Suites thru JFK but did not fancy having to get separate flights JFK-BOS with the family, plus I like the A350 J seat in any event. With luck Q-Suites might turn up on my CMB flights

All in all I am very happy, my original great deal was made even better due to this change
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I just happened to be looking at my flights and noticed that QR662 (DOH-CMB) is now being operated by one of the leased LATAM planes for my reservations in June and July. So the biz seating on this 359 is 2-2-2, unlike the native QR airplanes.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: IB Platinum *A Gold
Has anyone positioned out of Singapore to make the 03:15 flight to DOH? Does UL allow you to check the bags all the way to the US? Also, would the 4.5 hour wait at the lounge in CMB be terrible?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:18 am
Abd

They do check bags through all the way to the US/ your final destination. The Srilankan lounge at CMB is very good with a decent quiet area with recliners and a complimentary massage amongst other facilities. Be aware that UL lounge is only accessible whilst traveling in Business class with UL.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:13 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Abd
They do check bags through all the way to the US/ your final destination. The Srilankan lounge at CMB is very good with a decent quiet area with recliners and a complimentary massage amongst other facilities. Be aware that UL lounge is only accessible whilst traveling in Business class with UL.
Actually the UL lounge (Serendib Lounge) is accessible whilst traveling in Business class with a OW airline (I used it flying QR J).
There is a separate lounge for Y pax
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by soy
With luck Q-Suites might turn up on my CMB flights
My DOH-CMB at the end of August has been switched to QSuites, but of course that can change between now and end of August
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by island82
My DOH-CMB at the end of August has been switched to QSuites, but of course that can change between now and end of August
I just checked my Oct flight and it's q-suites as well!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:28 am

I'm returning PHL-CMB next week and then have a separate ticket onward to BKK on Sri Lankan Air a few hours later. I was able to check one bag through at the UL counter for BKK-CMB-DOH without an issue but now I want to check 2 bags from PHL-BKK. Since Sri Lankan Air only allows 1 bag if checking in at CMB, will that limit me being able to check 2 bags all the way through to from PHL-BKK? Will QR attempt to collect an extra bag fee on behalf of UL?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:44 pm

Due to the large schedule change on the December return Qatar allowed me to arrive/depart JFK in both directions instead of PHL and allowed a 21 day travel window change on only the flight affected by the schedule change.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nawlins
Due to the large schedule change on the December return Qatar allowed me to arrive/depart JFK in both directions instead of PHL and allowed a 21 day travel window change on only the flight affected by the schedule change.
They are quite generous with this when there is a big schedule change. Their rule is, apparently, that you can change to a flight within that time frame, and/or change to a flight leaving from either (a) Any QR destination in the same country OR (b) Any QR destination within 500 miles. So you could have even changed it to leave from LAX or YUL. Not particularly convenient, but they would have allowed it.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:29 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by mster
Also affected by the significant CMB-PHL schedule change.

Originally booked CMB-DOH-PHL. I'm assuming based on this thread (and others) that I should be able to change my departure airport from CMB to MLE (483 miles). I'm also assuming based on this thread that I should be able to change my arrival airport from PHL to JFK or IAD (94 and 135 miles respectively).

(1) Are my assumptions about origin / destination changes accurate?
(2) Can departure / return dates be changed? Is there a date range? (someone mentioned 48hrs)
(3) Can DOH layover duration be changed? Eg. 6 hour stop to 34?
I was affected by a significant schedule change PHL-DOH. I didn't dig deep into all the options available but this is what I was able to change:
1) Was able to change the destination to CMB-DOH-JFK-DOH-CMB. Did not check on changing the origin.
2) Was only allowed to have a layover in DOH less than 24 hours. Was able to change to a 23 hour 55 minute layover on the return.
3) Was not able to change the date not affected by the schedule change. Was given the option to change the return flight affected by the schedule change by +/- 21 days
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:39 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:52 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by mster
The policy is 500 miles and same country - policy was quoted as such by multiple reps. I was able to change PHL to JFK. I was unable to change CMB to MLE. Hope this helps someone else!
I was able to change JFK to YUL before, so country exceptions can be made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.