Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:41 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by pinoysojourner
I have a couple of these flights later in the year. I got an alert that there are several schedule changes to the DOH-PHL portion, 8+ hours difference ... so in this case, would I be allowed to change the dates at no charge, since the schedule change is fairly significant? (>8 hours) ... Anyone have experience changing dates based on schedule change with this fare?
Yes, but probably not drastic date change. I changed my flights to a different airport for one segment and mainly changed the CMB flights so I can keep my +Qatar hotel plans.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Sigh

Thought this fare might have returned when the thread popped back up
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Anyone have experience changing dates based on schedule change with this fare?
I have a couple of these for travel next year. I only asked to change the date by one day, and that was handled without any problem at all. In my case, it made sense because the original arrival time in PHL was morning and it became afternoon - I only asked to travel the day before so I could have that complete day in PHL. The agent seemed more flexible than I expected, but I would think that a date change of more than a day or two might be viewed less positively. Nothing to be lost by trying it, though.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
I have a couple of these flights later in the year. I got an alert that there are several schedule changes to the DOH-PHL portion, 8+ hours difference ... so in this case, would I be allowed to change the dates at no charge, since the schedule change is fairly significant? (>8 hours) ... Anyone have experience changing dates based on schedule change with this fare?
I did ask the agent in HK, he said I can have options to change the date within 21 days range, Origin or destination also can be change within 500 miles. So I guess I will have a chance to try the Qsuite.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by dilvala
Anyone flying PHL - DOH - CMB flight today June 7th? I need to check in 1 bag for party of 3 ( traveling lite) but not sure if the counter opens more than 3 hours before the flight time. I wanted to hang out at the AMEX lounge but have to wait until I check my bag in.
Last month, I managed to check-in 5hrs before the flight - the J check-in counter was manned at the time. I was connecting from ORD on a seperate AA ticket and expected to be kept hanging but was pleasantly surprised.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:29 am

Super excited that the flight from DOH - CMB is with Qsuites. Walked up to the gate and agent said the seats had to be changed because its the Qsuites!!!!!

I tried hard to change flights from US but they wanted too much money. Flight QR 688 not sure what aircraft. Sitting at the gate right now.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:08 am
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Super excited that the flight from DOH - CMB is with Qsuites. Walked up to the gate and agent said the seats had to be changed because its the Qsuites!!!!!

I tried hard to change flights from US but they wanted too much money. Flight QR 688 not sure what aircraft. Sitting at the gate right now.
Wait what?! Is that some type of joke? DOH-CMB with Qsuites?
haroon145 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:18 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
Wait what?! Is that some type of joke? DOH-CMB with Qsuites?
no, Q-Suites turns up here from time to time - as would be expected due to aircraft utilization strategies
golfingboy likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:10 pm

Enjoy, I had the same surprise on my CMB-DOH flight two weeks ago. It was a last minute swap. My seat vanished and at check in they gave me seat 1K.

Great product. I did change my departure for one segment to IAD as a result of the huge PHL schedule change. IAD is easier for me to get to than PHL and hopefully IAD will continue to have the QSuites. Right now, looks like only JFK is committed for QSuites in November.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
I did ask the agent in HK, he said I can have options to change the date within 21 days range, Origin or destination also can be change within 500 miles. So I guess I will have a chance to try the Qsuite.
Yes, aside from the date range, QR's policy is that you can change your flight to any airport within 500 miles OR in the same country. So, presumably, you could change to leave out of LAX, although that would be inconvenient.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Yes, aside from the date range, QR's policy is that you can change your flight to any airport within 500 miles OR in the same country. So, presumably, you could change to leave out of LAX, although that would be inconvenient.
If you're inclined to make changes, do so at the earliest, before this policy is enhanced.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:06 am

MLE is 483 miles away from CMB. Odds of an origin switch from CMB to MLE being approved??
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by mster
MLE is 483 miles away from CMB. Odds of an origin switch from CMB to MLE being approved??
i think it’s highly likely - I find the Bahrain contact centre the most helpful

try and let us know how you get on
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:54 am

I don’t think this language is the correct policy.

I did attempt to change to LAX (will already be out west for a wedding) and was told no because that exceeds the 500 miles radius. But they changed me to IAD without any issue.

Possible the policy actually is AND not OR.

YMMV

ETA: Suggest discussing in this thread Does anyone know Qatar Airways actual schedule change policy?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:57 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Originally Posted by soy
no, Q-Suites turns up here from time to time - as would be expected due to aircraft utilization strategies
Oh man I didn't think I could be any more disappointed that I missed out on these amazing fares :'(. Maybe one day they'll return...
haroon145 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.