Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by aktchi
Wow, the second night, which was $50 when I checked last, has indeed jumped to $100. Sneaky of them. This makes the 2-night stopover somewhat less attractive.
Very much the tactics of Qatar and to think they will host the World Cup in 4 years, what a joke. They are thieves.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Very much the tactics of Qatar and to think they will host the World Cup in 4 years, what a joke. They are thieves.

Thieves because they want to charge more for a 2nd night when the free night still exists, Bit OTT to be honest not as if they are forcing you to stay,
icestealth likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Thieves because they want to charge more for a 2nd night when the free night still exists, Bit OTT to be honest not as if they are forcing you to stay,
Yes shameless, imagine charging $1100 for return biz class tickets from Sri Lanka to the USA.
levistrauss likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Croupier

Yes shameless, imagine charging $1100 for return biz class tickets from Sri Lanka to the USA.
Yeah, on such a poor product.
levistrauss, ianp and whimike like this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
From what I understand, the price for the second night has gone back and forth between $50 and $100 in the past. So, if your stopover is far enough in future and you can afford to wait, then keep checking and it may revert back to $50 again. No guarantees obviously.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lingua101
I call QR. they cannot give me more information. They said it is up to the hotel. They give me the email address for plusqatar. I wrote to them and have not received any reply other than automation reply.

Just curious, I am SPG Platinum, can I get the benefit when I stay in Westin?

I do not see where I can get USD50 for second night. It is USD100 I believe. If this is the case, I may stay on some of the Accor property in town.
Yes, you can get Plat benefits like lounge access and upgrades. No point or stay credits.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:33 pm

Can Confirm.

Originally Posted by mster
I know it is free. My question is whether anyone can confirm that the "2 day" option on the ETA application site definitively allows for entries of a full 48 hours.
Yes, just did this, full 48hrs given from time of clearing passport control.

Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Still no reply from [email protected] more than 3-4 days even the auto reply said they will reply within 24 hours.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:19 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by levistrauss
Yes, you can get Plat benefits like lounge access and upgrades. No point or stay credits.
Did you actually end up in the lounge for free? The only reason I ask is because I have an upcoming reservation at Westin and I asked my Ambassador what Plat benefits I would receive, and I was told upgrade if available, but no lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
this is the reply that I got from plusqatar

Dear Customer,

Your check-in and check-out date will be 02NOV.

+Qatar offers’ rooms are in 24h basis.

Thanks for choosing Qatar Airways.

Best regards,

+Qatar Team
not really sure what they means. so I just do check in and check out at 2nov?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Croupier

Yes, just did this, full 48hrs given from time of clearing passport control.

Awesome! Thanks so much for this. Any insight into the relevance of the "1st-Visit" line on your sticker?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
this is the reply that I got from plusqatar

not really sure what they means. so I just do check in and check out at 2nov?
It means that you are offered the room for a period of 24h, as opposed to the standard check-in/check-out times.
Say if you check in at 2am and depart at 10pm on the same day, you are using only one night, as opposed to two.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
Did you actually end up in the lounge for free? The only reason I ask is because I have an upcoming reservation at Westin and I asked my Ambassador what Plat benefits I would receive, and I was told upgrade if available, but no lounge.
Yup. I had breakfast in the lounge the day I landed since I came in before dawn.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP
not seeing this fare anymore
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jonnevin
not seeing this fare anymore
It was available for about 2 months (as low as $1200 and change with promo codes), but has been gone since earlier in March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.