Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
just booked 3 B2B trips to extend my EXP. Thx u OP.

Another discount code PCDISCOUNT also works same 10% off.

Expert MRs - Any idea which hotel is better ? I am Plat with Marriott

Oryx Rotana Doha

Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel

Millennium Hotel Doha

Millennium Plaza Doha

Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fnuhenry
just booked 3 B2B trips to extend my EXP. Thx u OP.

Another discount code PCDISCOUNT also works same 10% off.

Expert MRs - Any idea which hotel is better ? I am Plat with Marriott

Oryx Rotana Doha

Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel

Millennium Hotel Doha

Millennium Plaza Doha

QR put me up at the Oryx last November on my stopover. Big and clean, but the hotel is not close to the main tourist area. Since you have status I'd go with the Marriott property.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
I am thinking of booking a return with 6 months in between (thinking of making 2 trips by combining it with another ticket).

Understand that this R class ticket has 6 months validity. In the event I can't fly on the selected return date due to unforeseen reasons, anyone knows if there is an option to reissue to a fare that has a 1 year validity (paying the change fee and fare difference to the more flexible fare class)?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Have another question. On return, I am actually thinking of just flying the PHL-DOH leg and combine it with a one way award ticket from DOH-SIN. Transit time is just much better this way as timings from CMB to SIN are very limited.

If I book a 1 week "stopover" in DOH with the QR revenue ticket, will I raise any red flag at PHL if I request to through check my baggage to SIN on 2 separate tickets (using PHL-DOH segment on revenue ticket + separate DOH-SIN award)?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by mechu
Have another question. On return, I am actually thinking of just flying the PHL-DOH leg and combine it with a one way award ticket from DOH-SIN. Transit time is just much better this way as timings from CMB to SIN are very limited.

If I book a 1 week "stopover" in DOH with the QR revenue ticket, will I raise any red flag at PHL if I request to through check my baggage to SIN on 2 separate tickets (using PHL-DOH segment on revenue ticket + separate DOH-SIN award)?
My advice is to purchase the tickets (revenue or award) exactly as you wish to fly. Otherwise, I'd worry about the red flags with immigration, security etc.

Regardless how you ticket / fly, I can't imagine the airline through-checking your bag one week in advance. Of course, you can ask, but chances are not great.

If the CMB-SIN schedule is inconvenient, you don't have to fly it straight. Take a one night stop in CMB, and then fly to SIN next day.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:39 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Fare is dead, not just the promo but prices went up.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Maybe just as well. Per news reports, violent ethnic rioting has started in CMB and martial law has been declared. If someone is already booked and flying there soon, please exercise due caution.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
Maybe just as well. Per news reports, violent ethnic rioting has started in CMB and martial law has been declared. If someone is already booked and flying there soon, please exercise due caution.

Really man was excited to go there in 2 weeks.

Can i cancel the tickets in 24 Hrs from booking ??
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by fnuhenry
Really man was excited to go there in 2 weeks. Can i cancel the tickets in 24 Hrs from booking ??
I believe you can cancel within 24 hours.

However, consider the alternatives first: (1) If you were going just for 1-2 days MR, then you can stay by the airport. That should be ok. (2) If you planned a longer stay for sightseeing, fly to a nearby destination out of Sri Lanka. Lost of choices: MLE, BKK, SIN, KUL, one of the South Indian cities.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I spent a bunch of time in Sri Lanka during the civil war, had some dicey experiences with bombs on the roadway to Colombo city and an incident where the power was cut at the airport due to an "air raid" by the rebels in some homemade aircraft. The reality is you can lay pretty low and avoid the city entirely by staying near the airport. Many people during that time period would do quick turns. That said, what is going on now is really sad and reflects years of simmering tension. It's not clear how much worse this could get in the coming weeks...
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:20 pm

I believe you can cancel within 24 hours.

However, consider the alternatives first: (1) If you were going just for 1-2 days MR, then you can stay by the airport. That should be ok. (2) If you planned a longer stay for sightseeing, fly to a nearby destination out of Sri Lanka. Lost of choices: MLE, BKK, SIN, KUL, one of the South Indian cities.
Thx you. Was thinking exactly the same - Just shouldn't mention any to home boss or else my trips will be scraped . I actually plan to stay just over night. I will be in Indian for couple day and couple days in CMB but will book a trip to BKK using avios.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Still seeing 226,000LKR for CMB-PHL rtn in July without promo codes.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:04 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by tango3
[/left]
Still seeing 226,000LKR for CMB-PHL rtn in July without promo codes.
A similar fare (RJLKP6ZE) was loaded but with a 90 day advance purchase requirement and a 7-day minimum stay. Otherwise it is broadly the same.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
A similar fare (RJLKP6ZE) was loaded but with a 90 day advance purchase requirement and a 7-day minimum stay. Otherwise it is broadly the same.
I am not seeing it available on any dates I tried. Do you see any availability?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: NZ
I am not seeing it available on any dates I tried. Do you see any availability?
I can see LKR226,091 (about US$1,500) for 8-22 November. The fare has a one month maximum stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.