Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Qatar J Under $1500 r/t CMB-PHL next November

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by stephem
For the ask above about changes to add a stopover, the change fee is only $50 (quite reasonable) and the no show fee is much higher (either $250 or $500). I'd work with QR to try to make a change, it should be that the last segment is priced at the historical fare you have now and so only $50 is due, and if you try to do this online prior to departure it may not be correctly calculating. Again, I'd suggest trying to call QR by phone to work this out. BTW, many of the older dirt cheap QR and EY fares ex-CMB had strict notes in the fare rules about no stopovers and no ability to short check luggage to DOH. So the fact that this one allows a SO, even if short is pretty nice.
i was told that no r class is available on the date i want to change to, so they can book into i thus fare hike...
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Is it possible to route this to get q suites?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by frebay
Is it possible to route this to get q suites?
Not at the moment, but QR has released plans to retrofit the current A350 fleet so if you book late enough in the year, you might get lucky.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Not at the moment, but QR has released plans to retrofit the current A350 fleet so if you book late enough in the year, you might get lucky.
Not going to hold my breath. lol
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Wasn't long ago when people were asking how can we route on the A350 outstanding reverse herringbone seats. This is an outrageously good fare.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by nanz236
IF you want to try the Q Suites, you could also do a multi city cmb-phl-jfk-cmb for around 17xx (with companion) or 18xx without. IAD-DOH has the Q-suites.
I really appreciate this tip.

This is now around $1715 USD for 1 passenger. I just got it for $1608 USD with the current promo code discount.

CMB-DOH on SriLankan for variety and because I like them. 2 night stop over in Doha. Head to PHL. Return from JFK on QSuites.

It was tempting to get all through PHL for an incredible ~$1225, but I felt it would be stupid to not try QSuites on the way back for this price.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:32 am

Double qmiles

Been lurking around a bit for business class fare to US. If I use my asiamiles account, will I also get double miles? Or only if I credit to QR privilege program?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nYL3v3
Been lurking around a bit for business class fare to US. If I use my asiamiles account, will I also get double miles? Or only if I credit to QR privilege program?
you will get miles, but on the Asiamiles oneworld partner chart for Qatar Airways, so 125% - for the roundtrip about 22500 miles, rather than double miles on QRPC.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is it possible to book on the Qr website and pay in USD? I understand there's an option on the side to convert the price to USD but I don't know if that allows payment in that currency.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by danger
Is it possible to book on the Qr website and pay in USD? I understand there's an option on the side to convert the price to USD but I don't know if that allows payment in that currency.
When I bought last night, it asked me if I wanted to be charged in USD or LKR. But I have US credit card and could be one of those credit card options to be charged in local currency, there was a disclaimer that said it will incur a 2.8% fee. I chose LKR as my card has no forex fees.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:25 pm

Don’t forget to go through a portal. I got 2% back from Topcashback. Made my flight under $1200!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hirohito888
When I bought last night, it asked me if I wanted to be charged in USD or LKR. But I have US credit card and could be one of those credit card options to be charged in local currency, there was a disclaimer that said it will incur a 2.8% fee. I chose LKR as my card has no forex fees.
Ahh bugger. Thanks for that.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: IB Platinum *A Gold
Booked the fare for 2 people with a long stop in Doha on both outbound and inbound. Has anyone tried booking a hotel through the Qatar+ program for both ways (outbound under one passenger and inbound under the other)?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone find anything better than the $1200 (using QRSUBSCRIBER) fares between CMB-PHL...wondering if the Europe to Australia fares might be a better bet? or ex-ALG fares.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:47 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by stephem
I was able to price out 2 adults and 3 children under 12 for $5250 all in with the discount. That's crazy, $1050 per person roundtrip. This is cheaper than the old CMBSPL NW fare about 10 years ago and involves a far better seat. Too many cheap fares ex-EU and ex-Asia, and not enough time...
I hear you, I got the four of us at $1060pp (after TCB). Great price and better yet is the allowance for a 6month stop at PHL which makes it useful over 2 trips. Normally QR have a 3month max on these R fares

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.