Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:56 am

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Contacted the OTA - they called up AF and were told it was an error. They are promised a refund will come through, but now the OTA wants me to call support for a refund setup. Basically, AF cancelled the bookings without the OTA knowing.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Madone59
Preach!!
Amen 😇
Anybody else who booked using the AF website still waiting for their refund ?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Amen ��
My charge never posted and hold has since dropped off. Though i used a credit union credit card
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
Amen 😇
Me. I guess they placed a hold but did not capture it, so now we'll have to wait until the hold expires (usually 30 days).
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by SimonSC
Me. I guess they placed a hold but did not capture it, so now we'll have to wait until the hold expires (usually 30 days).
Ok so your credit is on hold right now, so nothing has really been charged ? Me, I have all my bookings (c.a 3000€) charged on the credit card, but for cancelled tickets (which were btw cancelled 24h after booking...) They were supposed to refund with 48 hours but still nothing shows up...
I really find this unbelievable...
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Ok so your credit is on hold right now, so nothing has really been charged ? Me, I have all my bookings (c.a 3000€) charged on the credit card, but for cancelled tickets (which were btw cancelled 24h after booking...) They were supposed to refund with 48 hours but still nothing shows up...
I really find this unbelievable...
+1

Tickets charged to Visa on the 19th, cancelled the next day and still no refund. Have sent AF a note twice now with no response - not at all impressed with them.

CC
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:50 pm

so only one person has been able to fly the ticket so far that has mentioned this online
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by yerffej201
so only one person has been able to fly the ticket so far that has mentioned this online
Two, I think.
IIRC the one poster who had his reservation reticketed on full fare, but without collection did get to fly, right?
(edit: I checked, and while he was downgraded due to overbooking, he did get to fly, in C -plus compensation-, and probably in P in return)
yutuyu likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Milage Plus
That's right, so fare we are two that flew this error fare on this forum so far.
I hope we will be a few more
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
did you get mileage credit for F or J?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Milage Plus
Got if for J but a quick call to AF Platinum line and I got also the mileage difference credited.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:39 am

Still no refund on my credit card. Contacted this morning AF Le Club line in France and the lady told me she will follow up with her US colleagues on one of my bookings as no refund request appears. For the other booking, looks like the refund was requested on Dec. 21st but still in the process... I requested her to send me a written confirmation that this particular booking was cancelled (since I never received any, just a phone call - which was recorded) and I received the email seconds after the call. It states :MISCELLANEOUS SAT 15 DECEMBER 2018 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- DEPARTURE: SAN FRANCISCO (SFO) 15 DEC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - INCORRECT FARE PRICING CONFIRMED

Not sure why the date of December 15th 2018 appears here, as my booking was for March 6th, return on March 8th 2018.
On the other hand, I also contacted AMEX this morning following what I was told last week (by Amex also) as my credit card statement will close tonight and I don't want to have 3000 Euros in the air for nothing, besides participating to AF financial results for 2017 ! (joke indeed).
The lady told me that she could not do much as my statement was closing tonight (in contradiction with what I was told previously). After talking with her supervisor, she also added that I would not be able (or at least it was not recommended) to contest any Air France expenses as AF could "black list" me (I have the French AF Amex card, maybe that's why ???). She told me she will follow up the situation but added that the refund could take up to 3 weeks when coming from AF. (Welcome in the 21st century).
So I filed today my first two DOT complaints as we are way above the 7-day refund rule and the promess to refund all tickets within 24-48 hours was certainly not respected.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
So I filed today my first two DOT complaints as we are way above the 7-day refund rule and the promess to refund all tickets within 24-48 hours was certainly not respected.
Could someone post a link to these details and/or the complaint submission process?

many thanks in advance!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Could someone post a link to these details and/or the complaint submission process?

many thanks in advance!
So that was a first for me too. I basically went to the DOT website and explained the situation in short, but with a precise timeline of events. I also indicated my attempts to communicate with the airline. I finally attached a copy of my electronic tickets... let's see how it goes...
https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/file-consumer-complaint

I guess/hope that the rules will change after authorities such as the DOT in that particular case receive complaints...

Last edited by palmanfr; Jan 2, 2018 at 6:36 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Once I have time this weekend, I'll try try to write up a quick trip report...but if anyone wants to check out pics from both ways, I have the story Highlighted on my Instagram (@drewtse). Mostly food, etc. I have more pics from the Lounge, Plane, etc. which I'll include when I do the report...but didn't want to be too obnoxious to my followers with my Stories. LOL
palmanfr and IndyHoosier like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.