Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:54 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by TWA884
I had a missed call from Amsterdam at 2:30 pm PST while I was in front of a judge representing a client in court. A voicemail was left by an extremely fast talking, heavily accented and very cheerful representative. I can only understand about one in two or three words; however, the gist of her message was that the ticket was canceled due to incorrect airfare in their system and that I can expect to receive a refund within 48 hours. She apologized for the inconvenience that it caused me and thanked me for choosing Air France.
same here today. And the call sounded like it was on a crappy voice over internet line.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:36 am

For days, the charges for two one-ways showed as pending, lumped together in a single transaction.

Today, the charge for only one one-way ticket has posted.

Extremely odd.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I booked a return using Air France UK, paid in GBP, and a one-way from Air France NL paid in EUR. I received only one phone call which went to voicemail but referenced only one trip, and two separate differently worded emails from Customer Care Europe.

Got the refund notifications today, both of them minus the credit card fees they charge in Europe, Ł15 for the UK ticket and €10 ticketing fee plus €10 credit card fee for the NL ticket.

Customer Care UK offered to either pay Ł15 into my UK bank account (can't refund the credit card), or I could take a Ł75 or €85 electronic voucher for use on AF/KL/DL.

Haven't managed to get hold of anyone to deal with the NL/EUR ticket yet.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
No phonecall or email for me. Booked 2 pax on one reservation, flights were cancelled pretty much on day 1 but I have today been charged for one passenger. Very odd.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Just got the phone call... Most likely from a call center in the subcontinent. Nothing else to say to the poor guy reading the lines on his computer I assume...
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: free agent
Got several calls / 2 emails from AF (well, one email from KLM..). Didn't bother to return calls but hope that refund process is going smoothly, since airlines love to play stalling game with refunds process (never understand why most airlines require 10-14+ business days to process but can cancel tickets instantly )
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:11 am

Just curious, if anyone is worried about how long it takes for the airline to refund, why not dispute the charge with your credit card company?
(That is one of the main reasons the ability to dispute is available - the failure of the merchant to deliver the goods/services purchased.)
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Global321
Just curious, if anyone is worried about how long it takes for the airline to refund, why not dispute the charge with your credit card company?
(That is one of the main reasons the ability to dispute is available - the failure of the merchant to deliver the goods/services purchased.)
What would the point be? Just to cause pain and penalties to the airline? Because you'll spend plenty of time working on that yourself too.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:37 am

As others have said, if you still have a live ticket, stop post about it here. Sometimes airlines miss to cancel some of the tickets. Has happened in the past to me on the AA Brazil J ticket mistake. They canceled all tickets, however two of mine slipped through.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Global321
Because not everybody pays on credit card for one thing

Similarly with the AZ FLR-DUS fare, a number of people (myself included) had difficulty getting chargebacks to clear because of complex charges when purchasing through OTAs. I bought via Expedia but was charged by Alitalia for some tickets and Expedia for others, and Amex had difficulty pinning down who was responsible for issuing the refund and in the end had to close the chargeback case as Alitalia had said they would issue a refund but it was subject to their 12 week period.

So it's not always an open and shut case unfortunately.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747forever
As others have said, if you still have a live ticket, stop post about it here. Sometimes airlines miss to cancel some of the tickets. Has happened in the past to me on the AA Brazil J ticket mistake. They canceled all tickets, however two of mine slipped through.
Huh? I flew on that - so did some of my friends. I think we all got those to work.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by B747forever
Much like all of the other posts stating this, this is massively reaching - particularly where there is evidence that AF are going through bookings on this fare with a fine toothcomb and have acted very quickly.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
and, i've just received my third call telling me of my ticket cancelation. now it is starting to feel like they are rubbing salt in the wound.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:58 am

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
I'm French toast - checked my reservation on Orbitz and it was cancelled
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
and, i've just received my third call telling me of my ticket cancelation. now it is starting to feel like they are rubbing salt in the wound.
No calls for me, and no reservation. Just a cancelation email and a fat charge on my credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.