Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:59 am

Ahh I cantbelieve I missed this one. Would’ve taken a chance since I’m based in SF and wouldn’t have had any positioning flights. Could’ve even done a run later today or tomorrow.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat

That being said, the service is consistently fantastique, food is great, and the lounge/transfer experience also top-notch.
I changed my flights online to have a longer layover in Paris; I keep hearing so much about the La Premičre lounge there that a 2h25 layover didn't seem sufficient
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by kodawg9
Ahh I cantbelieve I missed this one. Would’ve taken a chance since I’m based in SF and wouldn’t have had any positioning flights. Could’ve even done a run later today or tomorrow.
This is my first time getting in on a mistake fare!

I bought two trips for 2018!

Programs: A3*G
Managed to book one-way SFO-CDG-LHR for June 2018. Two questions (I generally don't fly SkyTeam): 1) do I get access to La Premiere lounge upon arrival in Paris? 2) what is the best SkyTeam partner to credit towards? KLM gives only a pitiful amount since it falls under the new rules. Would Delta be better? I would just use them for an award booking.

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Are you sure you are using the correct confirmation number?

(For the avoidance of all doubt: You need to look this up on the Air France or KLM websites; the Amadeus PNR won't work on any other website)
Err, it pulls up using my first name. I think in my haste to book I may have entered my first name and last name backwards.
Am I out of luck, as I assume this can't be updated?

Not one of my finest moments

Last edited by invalyd; Dec 19, 2017 at 10:08 am
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:03 am

<deleted> yeah this looks dead. dang it.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by 355F1

haha! This actually made me get out of bed as I woke up, wanted to go back to sleep for an hour, but then just haddddd to check FT! ☺️☺️☺️
I found out about this deal on my phone on the 1st floor of my work. I work on the 4th floor. I sprinted up the steps, literally tripped on the last set of stairs to book this deal.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by ErnstH
Managed to book one-way SFO-CDG-LHR for June 2018. Two questions (I generally don't fly SkyTeam): 1) do I get access to La Premiere lounge upon arrival in Paris? 2) what is the best SkyTeam partner to credit towards? KLM gives only a pitiful amount since it falls under the new rules. Would Delta be better? I would just use them for an award booking.
Also curious about the ground experience arriving in F and connecting to intra Europe J. Is there car transfer both ways?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by invalyd
Err, it pulls up using my first name. I think in my haste to book I may have entered my first name and last name backwards. Assuming this can't be updated?
Not one of my finest moments
Same here. It's because on some forms the AF site asks for first name first and others last name first...
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AviationFreak
Same here. It's because on some forms the AF site asks for first name first and others last name first...
Glad I am not alone... What's your course of action? Seems best to wait until the dust settles to do anything.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AviationFreak
When you're travelling in First, apparently you have to give both your first and last name first...

(Was there ever a sentence in the English language that used the word "first" so many times???)

Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coffee18
I found out about this deal on my phone on the 1st floor of my work. I work on the 4th floor. I sprinted up the steps, literally tripped on the last set of stairs to book this deal.
I hope no teeth or bones were broken!!! ^^
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ErnstH
re: Crediting Where to Credit | How Many Miles | Every Frequent Flyer Program
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
I booked 2 SFO-CDG-LHR on the 777 both ways right when the deal broke. Selected seats during booking and can pull up my reservation on AF website, but now I cannot change my seats on the La Premiere legs, even though there's one seat available both ways. Could this be step 1 to cancellation?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
I have a few reservations pending payment, which will expire in 45 minutes. I just booked one and it went fine. E-ticket was issued immediately. Tried to go online to see if I could change the dates of the booking. Any changes of date costs 8000$+... 😮

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.