Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Old Dec 19, 17, 10:31 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KL808 View Post
Was driving when I saw this, so I called AMEX. They where able to book me one with a 20+ hour stop over in Paris on the way back from LAX. Thanks to the OP. Was able to get it for $1503 per person after the AMEX discount and fee.
Wow smart move, congrats. I booked a OW, hopefully it doesn't get canceled.

Last edited by TyPo311; Dec 21, 17 at 11:14 pm Reason: Removed an item
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:31 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Amex Plat
I got a confirmation and ticket # from AF, but it is _not_ showing up on my AF reservations list,and searching by confirmation # is not returning a hit.
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:32 am

Programs: DL DM; HZ PC; Natl Exec Elite; SPG; Amex Plat
I booked when logged into airfrance.us, and was unable to change from my FB number over to my SkyMiles number (the option was grayed out). I called into the Diamond Line and they were able to:

1. See the reservation with my AF confirmation
2. Replace my FB number with my SM number

At this point I'm able to select seats and do pretty much everything you'd expect, contrary what other people are saying.

The only confusing thing at this point is that my "estimated points":

> Miles earned on this trip (estimated total provided for reference only) : 7 988 Miles

Given that LAX-CDG-LHR-CDG-LAX is ~12,000 miles, I am very confused where they are even getting that number.
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:33 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
"Accidentally" booked a one-way and a return SFO-CDG-LHR. I tried to book the return, got an error. Then I booked the one-way successfully at $637. Went to my FlyingBlue page, and saw the return was on hold at the low low price of $1515. Quickly booked it before it went away. Now I have two SFO-CDG-LHR flights on the same day! I'll cancel the one-way since I have the return booked, but now I have to figure out what to do with a non-refundable round-trip on the same dates, and how to connect to/from IAH and TXL. Oh well, a small price to pay to move from economy on AA/BA to La Premiere on the 77W!

Question, is it possible to transfer a booking to another passenger after it's been made?
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Booked one too to get in on the fun. Fully expect it to be canceled out in the next week. My CDG-LHR flight for some reason got ticketed in Y. Oh well. LHR-CDG is Biz with the rest in La Premier. Snagged a window on the A380 for the way out but only the two middles left on the 773 on the way home.
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:35 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
(and omg; someone reads flyertalk while driving!!!)
baaahahhahaahah🤣🤣🤣🤣

hillllllllarious!!!!!😂😂

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Hi,
if I have a reservation confirmed and decide to change the dates will they charge me the updated fare if there is still F class availability?
Thanks

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IC Plat Amb
Is it gone?
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by northdakota View Post
This fare is fully refundable with no change fees. So you can of course cancel it and change the dates. Is a name change possible for no fee as well?
Regardless of of this is a mistake or not I don't know if any airlines that permit a name change after a ticket is booked - this may be my lack of knowledge but I've never heard of it. Now, if this is a mistake and AF honors it I bet they will be persnickety. Expect to see full fare pricing applied to changes.

Originally Posted by palmanfr View Post
Hi,
if I have a reservation confirmed and decide to change the dates will they charge me the updated fare if there is still F class availability?
Thanks
We won't know until the dust settles. There are a lot of ways AF can play this.
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:36 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
You might want to notify the Mods to change the title; otherwise, that’s a little expensive for that route.
irishguy28 and mpiotrow like this.
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by palmanfr View Post
Hi,
Thanks
I would recommend NOT changing anything now. Let the dust settle on this one. Be glad you still have a stake in this one....
Old Dec 19, 17, 10:37 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Originally Posted by manacit View Post
I booked when logged into airfrance.us, and was unable to change from my FB number over to my SkyMiles number (the option was grayed out). I called into the Diamond Line and they were able to:

1. See the reservation with my AF confirmation
2. Replace my FB number with my SM number

At this point I'm able to select seats and do pretty much everything you'd expect, contrary what other people are saying.

The only confusing thing at this point is that my "estimated points":

> Miles earned on this trip (estimated total provided for reference only) : 7 988 Miles

Given that LAX-CDG-LHR-CDG-LAX is ~12,000 miles, I am very confused where they are even getting that number.
AF’s website will always show you what you earn based on your FB status. If you are crediting to DL dont pay attention to the website’s estimates.

Oh man

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KL808 View Post
Was driving when I saw this, so I called AMEX. They where able to book me one with a 20+ hour stop over in Paris on the way back from LAX. Thanks to the OP. Was able to get it for $1503 per person after the AMEX discount and fee.
I have to ask - how can you read FT while driving???
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
I missed this F mistake fare, but if I did get in on it, I would have booked for travel tomorrow - from my hard learnt experience that's the best way to ensure you get to travel.
irishguy28 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: