Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by yutuyu
Sounds like you have a valid ETKT. Did you checked your PNR on KLM OR AF website?
And just like that, it's been cancelled and refunded. I emailed back to Delta CC, and swiftly received a reply apologizing for the discrepancy and was advised to call the Diamond desk.

Easy come, easy go.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
So I was able to get in on this fare and booked a one way from LAX to LHR this coming summer. The reservation was made through Expedia and seemed to get through the initial few weeks of cancellations. I checked the AF website every few days and the reservation was initially fully intact, I was even able to select seats on 2 of the 3 segments (only the AF segments) using the AF website. A couple weeks ago week I looked up my reservation on the AF website and now only the first segment (Delta segment) is showing up on the website. The initial reservation was showing as fully changeable/refundable using the AF website. Now it's showing that I need to contact my travel agent to make changes. My reservation still shows as initially booked using the Expedia site, so I'm thoroughly confused as to what happened. It's been over a month and I've received no communication from either AF or Expedia regarding the ticket.

Anyone have any advice as to what I should do?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
An update on my side concerning the delayed refund. AF refunded my Amex more than 2 weeks after the cancellation of the tickets, and I had time to file a DOT claim in between. The thing is that due to currency exchange fluctuations between EUR/USD, I lost 40 Euros in the process. After receiving a standard apologetic message from AF mentioning my DOT case number, I replied to it stating I lost 40 euros in the process and was requesting a refund for this, also mentioning that since I was a frequent flyer with AF/KL, I would accept a travel voucher if the value is greater than 40 euros. I got the reply yesterday and they offered me a voucher of 150 Euros as a "settlement". So I guess the case is closed on my side, it could have been worse, but will keep flying oneworld long-haul for the time being, and instead will be going to Australia and Japan with QR with the amount I was supposed to spend on AF First.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by palmanfr
... it could have been worse, but will keep flying oneworld long-haul for the time being, and instead will be going to Australia and Japan with QR with the amount I was supposed to spend on AF First.
LOL. You were never going to spend real money on AF First anyway, so keep flying OW if it floats your boat. AF will survive your boycott.
bodory likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
LOL. You were never going to spend real money on AF First anyway, so keep flying OW if it floats your boat. AF will survive your boycott.
I am sure AF will survive indeed. But I think my message was misunderstood. Instead of spending 1500 USD on a flight from California to London on AF First, I've spent that money to fly at the same dates to Australia and Japan from Europe on QR Business (and benefited from the sale fares). Hopefully, I will fly one day on AF First as I think this is a pretty solid product (and the only F product I haven't tested yet in Europe). But this would have been a good opportunity to try a product and an airline I don't fly long haul with (and the reason I am flying QR now is because I used them last year following the "sake" fare/offer, I was very satisfied and will keep using them in the future)

Last edited by palmanfr; Jan 24, 2018 at 11:26 am
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:40 am

Is there anyone from germany who booked this fare. If so, please pm me. Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Can someone do me a big favor and send me a picture or scan of the letter from Amex offering the Delta credit for the cancellation? I think I was mistakenly left out and they asked for something to reference it.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Got another call from KLM this afternoon, following up on the issue of loss due to differences in exchange rate. Offered another €125 in KL/AF travel vouchers in addition to the €85 they already sent.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:15 am

I called again Orbitz to ask about the refund of my tickets and they keep saying that it will take at least 8 weeks from the time the airline cancelled my ticket (apparently on january 9th).
Is there something I can do (other than not to use anymore this OTA in the future) to get my money back? I didn't know Orbitz and/or AF needed a 3 months loan from my side...
The cherry on the cake is that I will loose around 50 euros due to currency exchange fluctuations in the last 2 months.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cascade
Can someone do me a big favor and send me a picture or scan of the letter from Amex offering the Delta credit for the cancellation? I think I was mistakenly left out and they asked for something to reference it.
Just point them at this thread.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Milage Plus

This time on the return flight I’ve been able to board in the F cabin.
was a nice experience, as always!
B0gdan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.