FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1883560-prem-fare-gone-af-business-class-lax-lhr-1515-a.html)

FlyingFrZ Dec 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Well after receiving an email from Delta yesterday, my reservation finally disappeared from their system an hour or two ago. Party's over :p

SEA-Flyer Dec 21, 2017 1:58 pm

All of mine are gone.

paranoiatx Dec 21, 2017 2:57 pm

And there they go. All DL tix are gone. C'est la vie.

A fun roller coaster as always, on to the next one...

irishguy28 Dec 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by thibderoc (Post 29201571)
But I just received an email asking me to rate the website airfrance.fr (1 to 5 stars) following the booking process (and the reservation number clearly appears in the email).

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rate wisely.

Your ticket may depend upon it!

irishguy28 Dec 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 29202022)
The problem with, with a system like Delta has, they possibly couldn't even have stopped the completion of these charges had they wanted to.

Witness the fact that many of us still have valid itineraries in our accounts.

For smaller merchants, there would be a cost here also. Amex doesn't refund fees to smaller merchants. So if you buy a $100 item at a smaller store with Amex, the merchant receives $96.50. If you return it, Amex pulls back $100 from the merchant. Net loss of $3.50.

I'm guessing Delta doesn't have that same deal with Amex, but it's possible they do lose something here that could have been avoided.

The way Delta sees it, they just recouped a loss of $80 million.

I don't think the $3.50 charge is going to switch the lights out in Atlanta! 😅

irishguy28 Dec 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59 (Post 29201757)
I've yet to get one call. I did get an E-mail that said "As discussed..." but no call.

oh, it's been discussed a lot at Ivry-sur-Seine, believe me. 😅

cell7481 Dec 21, 2017 4:14 pm

The credit card fees alone make this a 6 figure mistake if 4000 were sold

TWA884 Dec 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 29201487)
Same here. It came at 8:44 am PST. The sender is "KLM Customer Service Desk" and the subject line is: "Update on your recent Air France ticket purchase."

I had a missed call from Amsterdam at 2:30 pm PST while I was in front of a judge representing a client in court. A voicemail was left by an extremely fast talking, heavily accented and very cheerful representative. I can only understand about one in two or three words; however, the gist of her message was that the ticket was canceled due to incorrect airfare in their system and that I can expect to receive a refund within 48 hours. She apologized for the inconvenience that it caused me and thanked me for choosing Air France.

yuiop Dec 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Just wondering, has there ever been an error fare where every single ticket was cancelled?

From past threads, it seems that there are always a few that manage to escape the axe.

I guess there are just too many permutations for the airlines to deal with.

To those that are still alive, good luck, be patient, stay quiet and hide in the shadows ;)

josephstern Dec 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by yuiop (Post 29203302)
Just wondering, has there ever been an error fare where every single ticket was cancelled?

From past threads, it seems that there are always a few that manage to escape the axe.

I guess there are just too many permutations for the airlines to deal with.

To those that are still alive, good luck, be patient, stay quiet and hide in the shadows ;)

Definitely, those that fly soonest stand the best chance, as shown here again.

yerffej201 Dec 21, 2017 7:23 pm

my dl-codeshare booked through OTA got cancelled. they're being fairly thorough.

jlfriedman Dec 21, 2017 7:48 pm

edited

cascade Dec 21, 2017 9:26 pm

What happened to “don’t call the airlines.” People, they’re reading this. If you have dodged the axe so far, don’t publically disclose unique characteristics that could make it easier for them to bring the axe your way. I know we will probably all get the axe in the end, but why stick your neck out and help them?

TyPo311 Dec 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 29203459)
my dl-codeshare booked through OTA got cancelled. they're being fairly thorough.

What OTA if you don't mind my asking?

BigMouthStrikesAgain Dec 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Cancelled

My tix where finally cancelled. I got the email and phone call today.