FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1883560-prem-fare-gone-af-business-class-lax-lhr-1515-a.html)

swbink02 Jan 7, 2018 11:24 am

I just checked on Orbitz website and mine were cancelled sometime between last night and this morning. Anyone think it is worth calling orbitz and or AF to try to negotiate J for the same flights as a good will gesture? Took 19 days for them to cancel my 3 tickets.

dordal Jan 7, 2018 11:52 am

Originally Posted by TyPo311 (Post 29259270)
It's little annoying that AF only cares about the people with Amex relationships.

Originally Posted by thexfactor (Post 29259289)
Interestingly enough, the voucher is for DL, not AF, so I think it was issued due to their unique relationship/leverage/bargaining position.
​​​​

Yeah, I think the conversation inside AF was not: "Wow people who have Amex Platinum cards are such valuable non-customers that we must give them each $500".... and more like.... "Wow Amex is pissed and we really don't want to lose our relationship with them. We better offer something to their customers."

I wouldn't read too much into AF only offering these certificates (which seem to be for DL, anyway) to Amex customers.

angra Jan 7, 2018 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by palmanfr (Post 29260442)
Well... US based Amex members - not the others looks like.

and even then, I think it's only the people who *booked* through Amex. I booked *using* an Amex, but via the AF website and got nothing (not even a phone call or email :) )

cfischer Jan 7, 2018 12:03 pm

now I regret not booking this. The $1k voucher via Amex would have been nice :)

KL808 Jan 8, 2018 2:23 pm

The vouchers ($1000) are Delta, can someone tell me how I could say redeem these on Air France F (Hoping for BCN sale like last year). I tried looking on there website but it never spits out First Class. It only spits out business on DL codes flights. Is there a way on DL dot com to spit out AF flights and flight numbers only?

Im not even sure what the terms and condition is on these vouchers (mine is on the way. I haven’t received them)

im actually a bit disappointed that these are DL vouchers and not AF vouchers. But hey free vouchers are always good.

thanks

SFO777 Jan 8, 2018 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by KL808 (Post 29266705)
The vouchers ($1000) are Delta, can someone tell me how I could say redeem these on Air France F (Hoping for BCN sale like last year). I tried looking on there website but it never spits out First Class. It only spits out business on DL codes flights. Is there a way on DL dot com to spit out AF flights and flight numbers only? I'm not even sure what the terms and condition is on these vouchers (mine is on the way. I haven’t received them)
im actually a bit disappointed that these are DL vouchers and not AF vouchers. But hey free vouchers are always good.
thanks

Many AF flights have DL codeshare numbers. Just book your flight with Amex Travel and feed the travel consultant the DL codeshare flights numbers.

KL808 Jan 8, 2018 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 29266765)
Many AF flights have DL codeshare numbers. Just book your flight with Amex Travel and feed the travel consultant the DL codeshare flights numbers.

but to my understanding these vouchers can’t be used via Amex! Your saying they are?

SFO777 Jan 8, 2018 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by KL808 (Post 29267088)
but to my understanding these vouchers can’t be used via Amex! Your saying they are?

I have absolutely no idea. Currently in Israel so I haven't called Amex back or seen my voucher(s).
I was just responding to your DL question. AF F flights are readily available as DL codeshares and can be issued on 006 ticket stock.
Not sure why an OTA couldn't handle the transaction. There may be some fine print about codeshares but that would see a little strange considering that AF is apparently paying for the vouchers.

thexfactor Jan 8, 2018 4:02 pm

but to my understanding these vouchers can’t be used via Amex!

Correct.

SFO777 Jan 9, 2018 11:34 am

Indeed, my Amex cover letter clearly states that "Redemption instructions are included, which advise to redeem directly with Delta, as a travel agency cannot process it."
But the fine print on the certificate is somewhat confusing, suggesting perhaps otherwise as it includes redemption instructions for Travel Agents.

Valid On DL Designated Flights Operated by DL, KL, AF, AZ, AM, VA, KE, 9W, MU, CI, G3, CP, EV, OO, 9E, YX, G7, WA, VS, WXRedemption Notes
  1. To redeem, you will need the reference code, certificate number and redemption code specified above.
  2. Redeem this voucher when booking travel using any of the channels specified below:
    - Book your reservation quickly and easily online, by visiting delta.com. From www.delta.com/redeem provide the requested information and continue your booking.
    - Call Delta reservations and advise the agent that you are redeeming a Delta e-cert certificate. In U.S. and Canada, call 800-221-1212. In Japan, call 0570-077733 or 0476-31-8000. In all other countries, please contact your local Delta reservations office.
  3. This certificate may not be redeemed at any airport.
  4. Special Travel Agent Instructions
    -To apply this certificate, book the reservation in any GDS and enter the following information:

Enter the Certificate Number as an exchange Form of Payment when issuing the ticket, in addition to any other necessary Forms of Payment.
    Enter the Certificate Number and Redemption Code into the OSI remark field using the following format: (must be exact)
    If flight is DL designated and you are using Amadeus: OS DL MV006068xxxxxxxRC99999999X
    If flight is DL designated and you are using another GDS: OSI DL MV006068xxxxxxxRC99999999X
    If flight is KL designated and you are using Amadeus: SK KL MV006068xxxxxxxRC99999999X
    If flight is KL designated and you are using another GDS: OSI KL MV006068xxxxxxxRC99999999X
    If flight is AF designated and you are using Amadeus: SK AF MV006068xxxxxxxRC99999999X
    If flight is AF designated and you are using another GDS: OSI AF MV006068xxxxxxxRC99999999X
    Note: 006068xxxxxxx is the Certificate Number, 99999999X is the Redemption Code
    A separate OSI entry is required for each Delta eCerts Credit Voucher used in a PNR.

SFO777 Jan 9, 2018 9:52 pm

Received this follow up note from my Amex rep...

According to Delta, using on delta.com would allow you to apply credit towards a first ticket, then use the residual amount for a second ticket. You could continue to use the credit voucher until the full amount is used. Also, I must correct previous information. Delta is allowing American Express Travel to redeem the voucher if you would like to book with us, however, as we can only use the voucher towards one ticket (and any residual is being forfeited), so if multiple passengers or transactions are required please do as instructed above.

hirohito888 Jan 10, 2018 1:53 pm

I finally called Orbitz, only to get an agent to say that the tickets were canceled on Dec 19 (not true - my tickets were still valid until Dec 22) and that they have been contacting me since Dec 19 (also not true - I only received my first email/call on Jan 5). In any case, I was frustrated they were just not proactively offering anything and blamed it on airline and system error. In the end, the agent gave me a lousy $50 goodwill coupon. Not too thrilled on how they (Orbitz and AF) handled it, but I didn't feel like wasting any more of my time on this. On to the next fare error.

RY7 Jan 12, 2018 9:21 am

My reservation disappeared from the AF website.
My flight was supposed to be on 31st december, didn't went to the airport.
Got refunded on 1st january.
It got refunded by itself, maybe because of the no-show?
No mail nor recepiet about the cancellation from AF.
I booked the flights on af.com

lateacher Jan 18, 2018 9:13 pm

I bought one on delta.com that had an error after submitting payment. The charge actually posted to my CC and I waited for it to be refunded. The ticket doesn't show in my trips or if I search by ticket number. I checked in my receipts and the receipt was there with ARPT status. I emailed Delta and asked about it. The response is below.

"Thanks for contacting us about your experience while trying to purchase your ticket. I tried to reach you earlier by phone but wasn't able to connect with you and I wanted to respond as soon as possible. I'm sorry there were technical errors while your payment was processing on Delta.com.

Your ticket purchase was finalized. I reviewed the ticket number you provided and it does show your fare purchased on December 19 as confirmed. If you have any further inquiries you may reply to this email.

lateacher, we appreciate you for being a loyal Diamond Medallion member and we look forward to seeing you again real soon."

Now the status on the receipt shows as "OPEN" but the reservation doesn't show in my trips or if I search by ticket number. Any insight what might be happening?

yutuyu Jan 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by lateacher (Post 29311324)
I bought one on delta.com that had an error after submitting payment. The charge actually posted to my CC and I waited for it to be refunded. The ticket doesn't show in my trips or if I search by ticket number. I checked in my receipts and the receipt was there with ARPT status. I emailed Delta and asked about it. The response is below.

"Thanks for contacting us about your experience while trying to purchase your ticket. I tried to reach you earlier by phone but wasn't able to connect with you and I wanted to respond as soon as possible. I'm sorry there were technical errors while your payment was processing on Delta.com.

Your ticket purchase was finalized. I reviewed the ticket number you provided and it does show your fare purchased on December 19 as confirmed. If you have any further inquiries you may reply to this email.

lateacher, we appreciate you for being a loyal Diamond Medallion member and we look forward to seeing you again real soon."

Now the status on the receipt shows as "OPEN" but the reservation doesn't show in my trips or if I search by ticket number. Any insight what might be happening?

Sounds like you have a valid ETKT. Did you checked your PNR on KLM OR AF website?

lateacher Jan 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by yutuyu (Post 29313747)
Sounds like you have a valid ETKT. Did you checked your PNR on KLM OR AF website?

And just like that, it's been cancelled and refunded. I emailed back to Delta CC, and swiftly received a reply apologizing for the discrepancy and was advised to call the Diamond desk.

Easy come, easy go.

TyPo311 Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am

So I was able to get in on this fare and booked a one way from LAX to LHR this coming summer. The reservation was made through Expedia and seemed to get through the initial few weeks of cancellations. I checked the AF website every few days and the reservation was initially fully intact, I was even able to select seats on 2 of the 3 segments (only the AF segments) using the AF website. A couple weeks ago week I looked up my reservation on the AF website and now only the first segment (Delta segment) is showing up on the website. The initial reservation was showing as fully changeable/refundable using the AF website. Now it's showing that I need to contact my travel agent to make changes. My reservation still shows as initially booked using the Expedia site, so I'm thoroughly confused as to what happened. It's been over a month and I've received no communication from either AF or Expedia regarding the ticket.

Anyone have any advice as to what I should do?

palmanfr Jan 24, 2018 10:46 am

An update on my side concerning the delayed refund. AF refunded my Amex more than 2 weeks after the cancellation of the tickets, and I had time to file a DOT claim in between. The thing is that due to currency exchange fluctuations between EUR/USD, I lost 40 Euros in the process. After receiving a standard apologetic message from AF mentioning my DOT case number, I replied to it stating I lost 40 euros in the process and was requesting a refund for this, also mentioning that since I was a frequent flyer with AF/KL, I would accept a travel voucher if the value is greater than 40 euros. I got the reply yesterday and they offered me a voucher of 150 Euros as a "settlement". So I guess the case is closed on my side, it could have been worse, but will keep flying oneworld long-haul for the time being, and instead will be going to Australia and Japan with QR with the amount I was supposed to spend on AF First. ;)

SFO777 Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr (Post 29334042)
... it could have been worse, but will keep flying oneworld long-haul for the time being, and instead will be going to Australia and Japan with QR with the amount I was supposed to spend on AF First. ;)

LOL. You were never going to spend real money on AF First anyway, so keep flying OW if it floats your boat. AF will survive your boycott. ;)

palmanfr Jan 24, 2018 11:10 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 29334099)
LOL. You were never going to spend real money on AF First anyway, so keep flying OW if it floats your boat. AF will survive your boycott. ;)

I am sure AF will survive indeed. But I think my message was misunderstood. Instead of spending 1500 USD on a flight from California to London on AF First, I've spent that money to fly at the same dates to Australia and Japan from Europe on QR Business (and benefited from the sale fares). Hopefully, I will fly one day on AF First as I think this is a pretty solid product (and the only F product I haven't tested yet in Europe). But this would have been a good opportunity to try a product and an airline I don't fly long haul with (and the reason I am flying QR now is because I used them last year following the "sake" fare/offer, I was very satisfied and will keep using them in the future)

Meilensammler Jan 29, 2018 11:40 am

Is there anyone from germany who booked this fare. If so, please pm me. Thanks!

cascade Feb 6, 2018 12:58 pm

Can someone do me a big favor and send me a picture or scan of the letter from Amex offering the Delta credit for the cancellation? I think I was mistakenly left out and they asked for something to reference it.

Airprox Feb 7, 2018 8:35 am

Got another call from KLM this afternoon, following up on the issue of loss due to differences in exchange rate. Offered another €125 in KL/AF travel vouchers in addition to the €85 they already sent.

seris7 Feb 9, 2018 4:15 am

I called again Orbitz to ask about the refund of my tickets and they keep saying that it will take at least 8 weeks from the time the airline cancelled my ticket (apparently on january 9th).
Is there something I can do (other than not to use anymore this OTA in the future) to get my money back? I didn't know Orbitz and/or AF needed a 3 months loan from my side...
The cherry on the cake is that I will loose around 50 euros due to currency exchange fluctuations in the last 2 months.

irishguy28 Feb 9, 2018 6:45 am

Originally Posted by cascade (Post 29386737)
Can someone do me a big favor and send me a picture or scan of the letter from Amex offering the Delta credit for the cancellation? I think I was mistakenly left out and they asked for something to reference it.

Just point them at this thread.

yutuyu Mar 17, 2018 1:25 pm

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d9cb0f446.jpeg
This time on the return flight I’ve been able to board in the F cabin.
was a nice experience, as always!